It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you for the information. I will pass it on to some who have pull with things like this. One of the local Mayors has been made aware of the article and has clearly seen the upset this has caused many in the community. I know I was seeing red when I posted this, so were many of my friends in the local area.

Now that I have had time to reflect I realize this is the kind of reaction these people (I use that term loosely) want. They want the attention. They want the press. It gives them more attention. I don't understand why any group would want to upset further a community that has been through what they have. I just can't understand it. Personally, it makes them as low, in my mind, as the killer who did this.

I think those who are aware of them and their agenda are on alert. I surely don't see this group getting far. I don't think any in the community would tolerate it, I am more talking about the authorities here, as well as the community. Believe me, if they try to disrupt any funerals or services I doubt they will be around for very long. Just my gut feeling.

I am sorry for giving them any attention at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Fred Phelps "church" is actually a MONEY-MAKING SCAM.

Some believe that they are a propaganda tool of the government.

It's a business. They travel the country, set up websites telling you exactly when they'll be there, and using the most inflammatory statements all over the place, just to get someone to violate their rights for profit. Then they sue the military, the police force that was to protect them, and everyone that is around them for money.

This is a sham, and it is a trap to get people sued. Every member of his family is an attorney. Phelps does not break the law. What he does is try to make you break the law by trying to punch your sensibilities about everything you hold dear, and then sue you and everyone municipality around him to the max.

This is a scam.

Whether he believes his posters or not is irrelevant.
He's using this as a moneymaking scheme.
Lay one finger on him, do one thing that violates him, and he will sue you, and more importantly, the city, the police department, the US Military, and any private property owner he happens to be standing on to make money off of it.

Scam of the Decade

"This cult of people, a family who claim religion to avoid taxes, has already got over 10 million dollars in court because people do exactly what this cult wants them to do. attack their members so they can sue for more tax free money.so they continue to post up in the worst places imaginable in hopes that people will play into their hands."

LINK

"...they’re neither Baptist or a church! They are from Topeka, Kansas. Their web site, godhatesfags.com, does not list any service times, invite anyone to come and worship with them or tell anyone how to get to heaven. It is “pastored” by Fred Phelps, a former civil rights lawyer who was disbarred in 1979. The “church” consists of Phelps’ wife, some of his adult children with their spouses and their grandchildren. THEY ARE ALMOST ALL LAWYERS! The “church” meets in Phelps’ house.

They do what they do for one purpose only: SUE! They try to be as offensive as possible without breaking any laws and when someone takes a swing at them or they’re told by the authorities that they cannot protest here – they file a lawsuit.

IT IS ALL A MONEY-MAKING SCAM! They don’t believe anything that they say really.

THE SO-CALLED WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH

edit on 15-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Those crazy WBC folks are lucky that I'm here in Chicago, because if this was being done in my neck of the woods there would be a very big problem for those sick F****....... I would happily spend a little time in jail for my actions I would take...

RIP to those who died. And many prayers to all the families and friends affected over there... You are definitely in my thoughts..
edit on 16-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I called this Friday afternoon when discussing the shooting with my wife. She didn't think they'd have a reason. Noooooo! The WBC always has a reason. Those kids were not even old enough to fully grasp the concept of sin much less repent for sins they didn't commit or even know about or understand? So this WBC god sits by idly while innocent children are massacred and at the same time lets ignorant hate mongering morons like his followers, the WBC, run rampant in his name? What kinda god do these fools worship, because I'm pretty certain it's a different god than other Christians worship. That WBC god? That dude's a dick.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Thank you! You are not alone in your feelings towards them. That was how I and many others were feeling when we heard of this. I just hope they find something else to occupy their time.......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Just keep in mind that it's not personal. Whatever these simple minded morons do out of the WBC, it is NOT personal. It's wrong to the point of vile and obscene. As you note though, the reaction is what they feed on. It gives them their go-juice to feel special and powerful that they can make others feel bad or even worse than events already have them. It's a sick kind of person, to be sure...and not sick in a way anyone should pity, of course.

I'd point to the fact they planned to go to Norway and protest there though, too. If you don't recall that aspect of the Norway shootings, you may want to google it just to remind yourself how generally low these folks are. As I recall the details, Norway made it pretty clear that "free speech" is a relative thing in different parts of the world and prison can be the outcome for some forms, in some places. WBC never went, either way... Just as well.

The important thing is though, they hate everyone equally. I'd actually be offended if they picked and chose their battles as if the precise issue mattered either way to them....but simply being a media or war related event is enough for their cup of hemlock laced kool aid.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I have to agree with what you shared. I watched some youtube videos of some of their appearances and that is exactly what I was thinking. It infuriated me the things they were saying however, it was obvious they were trying to invoke a reaction. If these people have any conscience at all they will stay far away from this community who is grieving and eventual that grief will turn to anger - the anger could be unleashed on some sick group who has an agenda.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I know this may sound horrible, but when that day comes when a person who's lost a loved one is being harassed by the WBC and decides to unload on them, I will just sit back with a smile on my face ear to ear...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The FBI has classified "juggelos'' as a gang, yet somehow WBC is still in business. I'm not supporting juggelos here either, I just find it sad they are less offensive than these [exploit deleted].
Someone should really try to interview them and try to figure out how innocent children = gay agenda. I'm truely lost on that connection.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My hate runs so deep for the WBC...... To put my hate into perspective, if I was on a deserted road driving and saw that crazy b**** standing in the middle of it, well....Maybe I shouldn't finish this...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

As long as the evidence didn't show you backed up to see what you hit.....I'd never convict you as a Juror. Nope. Tragic accidents happen. Those back roads can be brutal, I'll tell ya.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by summer5

I know this may sound horrible, but when that day comes when a person who's lost a loved one is being harassed by the WBC and decides to unload on them, I will just sit back with a smile on my face ear to ear...

You know I can not see any jury who would convict on such a circumstance - could you?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

No need, you painted a good picture...message received

ps Thanks for the laugh, needed it

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The WBC are world master trolls.
Most everyone who knows who they are, knows what they stand for.
What better way to get their message across than behave like the biggest bunch of ass-hats in the world?

Unfortunately, since they anger such a wide audience; gay people, soldiers, Jews, Muslims, black people, Catholics, the outrage is met with gossip and so their story spreads.
There is no ignoring these people. While it would be the easiest and quickest way for them to suddenly lose interest, the fact that they are SO hated, and SO reviled against keeps them going. That is their fuel.
It's probably no accident that they are all lawyers.
So they know how to hide behind the First Amendment to continue their vitriolic picketing.

We have them in the UK too, just FYI. There are only a handful of members. Apparently one of them married into the Phelps. Such a shame they're all on the UK no fly list

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I know you are right wrabbit. It's not personal - it's just heartless and SICK! Let's just see whose in hell when all is said and done.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Those people are absolutley horrible

edit on 16-12-2012 by NinjaKitteh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread ...

7 people, including 5 children, from my sisters church were killed in a house fire. People in my sisters church got wind that Westboro was going to come & picket the funerals, something about interracial marriage, so my sisters church put out disinfo on the funeral time, day, everything. It was one big funeral for all 7 people, they pulled it off & people from Westboro did show up to protest but there was nothing to protest, it was funny watching them protest nothing & no one paying attention to them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey Summer,. I just realized you have accomplished a great and mighty thing and it's worthy of note. (ques trumpets and assorted noise makers)

I went back and checked... I read every single message on the thread to be sure. I'm positive. You have managed to hold a 4+ page thread on a highly controversial public issue with no disagreement....no hard words..not even a single person to take the other side.

You have found consensus on something at ATS.

Congrats! I mean that too....It really did hit me as being rather usual here recently and so nice. If only the basis for the topic wasn't so terribly tragic, of course.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon
Posted this in another thread ...

7 people, including 5 children, from my sisters church were killed in a house fire. People in my sisters church got wind that Westboro was going to come & picket the funerals, something about interracial marriage, so my sisters church put out disinfo on the funeral time, day, everything. It was one big funeral for all 7 people, they pulled it off & people from Westboro did show up to protest but there was nothing to protest, it was funny watching them protest nothing & no one paying attention to them.

That is a good one! However, with all the deaths I don't think that would be possible.

As of right now it has been tweeted that they are planning on arriving tonight (that would be Sunday night) at 7 pm. I have not heard of any scheduled services as of yet so hard to say what they would be trying to accomplish.

On another note. There are many groups that are offering help and ready to go at the first mention that they are in town. It's amazing how people are offering assistance from all over (well maybe not that amazing considering how well liked this group is).

There is a petition that is asking for WBC to be defined as a hate group to stop this type of event. If any are interested in signing it here is the link:

Sorry, I had to remove the link (and the thread I started was removed) I don't know if you can google for the petition or not, if any are interested. They need so many signatures by mid January 2013. It may not stop them this time in CT, but in the future it could make a difference.
edit on 16-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Thanks wrabbit. Although I would be surprised to find a single ATS member who thinks they are worth defending.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join