It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama and or congress does bring in new laws to control guns.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Okay not wanting a fight please I just want to ask all the good folks in the US.
If Obama and or congress does manage to change the constitution and or he brings in either new gun control laws (making guns harder to get) or bans certain types of guns.
What are you really going to do?
edit on 15-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think all those that are allowed to carry publicly with CCW or otherwise, go protest on the White House lawn.

Several thousand armed upset citizens should make the Government tremble a little.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It depends on what "certain guns" mean. Most likely, it'd be a broad sweep of virtually anything other than semi-automatic handguns.

I wouldn't see such an extreme gun ban going over well with a lot (and I do mean a lot) of Americans.

Edit: Is "boymonkey" and your avatar based on Journey to the West? I've always loved that story.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Congress will not. Obama, may not constitutionally. The end.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If Obama and or congress does bring in new laws to control guns,

It'll never ever work.
We really like our guns over here.
Our guns and our ability to defend our personal space is what makes us Americans and not Europeans, which have been homogenized into different types of Sheep.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Please just keep to the OT, I said no fighting please. IE: do not call us sheep.
So please do not try and start a fight please.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Okay not wanting a fight please I just want to ask all the good folks in the US.
If Obama and or congress does manage to change the constitution and or he brings in either new gun control laws (making guns harder to get) or bans certain types of guns.

I'm fine with a national AWB. We need to tighten the restrictions. But we don't need to take away all guns.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Please stop commenting about stuff you know nothing about. Or, at least research before making such comments that show your complete ignorance of the topic. OBAMA and congress can't just "change" the Constitution. They can try to implement more stupid rules and almost definitely will try.
edit on Sat Dec 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot

Congress will not. Obama, may not constitutionally. The end.

Obama can act unilaterally at this point, and no one will do a damn thing about it. He acts unilaterally when he orders an illegal drone strike. Who is keeping him in check?

All Obama has to do at this point is declare a state of emergency, give one more tragic massacre, and proclaim all AWB and other guns as illegal to possess and you WILL have to turn them over. There is nothing anyone can do, unless you plan to fight a battalion of soldiers in tanks or what have you.

Look, I'm ALL for gun ownership. I'm just saying, don't for one minute think Obama can't do anything. He does it every day with his illegal wars, TSA in airports, etc. If he gets up tomorrow and decides that our country doesn't need guns anymore, say bye bye to your guns. That's the way it's going to roll my friends. And given the fact that no one is protesting TSA molesting you every time you want to fly, I seriously doubt many will fight against the loss of gun ownership and if they do, they will die in the streets for it.

That said, I have said it many times that these incidences will increase until people will give up their guns willingly. You just wait and see what happens next.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You can throw out what if scenarios all day long, but the fact of the matter is the congress is under republican control and the NRA presence is stronger than ever so I doubt it will happen.
I know that the anti gun lot started salivating the minute this situation occurred instead of mourning the tragic loss of innocent lives. Fact is the gun is as much to blame as the car that drove the psycho to the scene of the crime. The blame needs to be placed where it belongs and that is in the hands of the psycho.

I have a serious question. If this guy would have been a suicide bomber what would you be saying then? There would be nothing to ban would there? It would be exactly what it is, and that is a tragic event with a tragic loss of life, no more no less.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Sorry dude but I thought congress can make amendments to the constitution. or am I missing something?
en.wikipedia.org...
Please dude I'm asking questions? is that wrong?
I'm not here to argue or comment on banning guns (changed my mind due to intelligent responses by you good folk of the USA), I just wondered what you would goto to keep your guns etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Sorry dude but I thought congress can make amendments to the constitution. or am I missing something?
en.wikipedia.org...
Please dude I'm asking questions? is that wrong?
I'm not here to argue or comment on banning guns (changed my mind due to intelligent responses by you good folk of the USA), I just wondered what you would goto to keep your guns etc.
The Constitution can be amended. There are multiple options for doing so Amending The US Constitution

It is interesting to note that at no point does the President have a role in the formal amendment process (though he would be free to make his opinion known). He cannot veto an amendment proposal, nor a ratification. This point is clear in Article 5, and was reaffirmed by the Supreme Court in Hollingsworth v Virginia (3 US 378 [1798]): The negative of the President applies only to the ordinary cases of legislation: He has nothing to do with the proposition, or adoption, of amendments to the Constitution.

edit on 15-12-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thank you, see wasn't so hard was it? why get so mad eh? we are allowed to ask questions.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Thank you, see wasn't so hard was it? why get so mad eh? we are allowed to ask questions.
When you actually asked the question, I answered it. You guys do not understand what the second amendment is about. It is NOT about self-defense or hunting. It IS about ensuring that we the people have the power to reign in our government when the democratic process fails. That time is quickly approaching imo.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I understand that but my OT question was "If" they try and do something about gun laws what will you do?
Like I said in the OT I do not want to fight I'm only asking ok?

Like you said...They can try to implement more stupid rules and almost definitely will try, so you think something will happen then? and If they try what will you do about it?
Gee whizz dude....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Nothing. Because "dang" all my weapons went missing. Guess they were stolen.

Shucks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good idea

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Shucks.
Beezer, at some point we are going to have to stand up. Don't answer this question, just think about it. Do you have a line where you stand up and say "no more"?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by beezzer

Shucks.
Beezer, at some point we are going to have to stand up. Don't answer this question, just think about it. Do you have a line where you stand up and say "no more"?

It was crossed a loooong time ago, hombre.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Finally some talk about the question I asked. Thanks

So where is the line? and what would you do if that line was crossed?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join