It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Parker - RACIST comment on ESPN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

ESPN's Rob Parker tells the panel that RG3 might be a Cornball Brother

That is just wow!! He's racist against blacks and whites at the same time.. He's saying that Robert Griffin is not "black enough" because he has a white fiance and is republican.

I guess it is really bad to have a white fiance...

edit on 15-12-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

ESPN suspends Rob Parker for RG3 comments

ESPN commentator Rob Parker has been suspended “until further notice” for remarks questioning Robert Griffin III’s blackness, according to a statement from ESPN.

ESPN

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

ESPN's Rob Parker tells the panel that RG3 might be a Cornball Brother

Jimmy the Greek would be proud...

And suspended..? If his skin was even one shade lighter, he would have been fired on the spot.

Weak sauce ESPN...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

And suspended..? If his skin was even one shade lighter, he would have been fired on the spot.

Not to mention the protests and demonstration that would take place..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Where are Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson when you need them huh?

Yeah, that's as I suspected.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
corn ball::

One who tries to be cool, but doesn't see just how uncool he really is... In fact it would be pretty easy to take what this person is doing / wearing and turn it into something cool with the right person involved.

"If you wear an authentic jersey, but also wear the pants to match and tuck the shirt inside - you would be a cornball."

- courtesy of urban dictionary

i don't see anything racist calling somebody a cornball. i think almost everybody has been a cornball at least once in their life, according to this definition.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Where are Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson when you need them huh?

Yeah, that's as I suspected.

There's nothing to gain here for them

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I watched that segment live when it aired and imo the comments sound way worst out of context. The whole topic was about if RGIII was distancing himself from the black community because of recent comments he had made about not wanting to be labeled a "black quarterback." All Rob did was say what people in the Barber Shops he went to in DC were saying about RGIII and he was saying that a lot of them questioned his "blackness."

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
How does one act a color? I've never understood this level of idiocy

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This guy is a complete dick....

:shk:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
I watched that segment live when it aired and imo the comments sound way worst out of context. The whole topic was about if RGIII was distancing himself from the black community because of recent comments he had made about not wanting to be labeled a "black quarterback." All Rob did was say what people in the Barber Shops he went to in DC were saying about RGIII and he was saying that a lot of them questioned his "blackness."

If it would be out of context ESPN wouldn't have suspended him

new topics

top topics

join