It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alternative theory on who is staging these shootings...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Now just a disclaimer, I do not actually believe this theory... but it is a possibility.

What if the NRA is the one staging these shootings to boost donations to their cause. Also, to get people to buy more guns, ammo, etc.

I personally think it's our government performing psychological warfare on it's people, but isn't this also a possibility?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If it was the NRA, they are playing a very dangerous game with little upside and a huge possibility of loss. No, I believe it is either our government or the UN attempting to disarm us prior to establishing a one world totalitarian fascist dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What if it's just some screwed up person who wanted to lash out in the most horrible way they could think of before killing themselves and leaving this cruel world?

Why do we overlook the most likely scenario? He lost it, couldn't handle it, and did something horrible about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I agree, but I thought maybe there were more motives for the NRA to do this that I cannot think of right now. That is most likely the case, but it's almost too obvious.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Ok, read a bit about James Holmes, and some of the ongoing threads here about the staged shootings. They all fit into the same narrative. I know people snap all the time, but if you look at how the media is drooling over these incidents it is pretty telling that they are exploiting these events for political leverage. I think you have to believe the staged shooting conspiracies in order to understand where I'm coming from.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

I think you have to believe the staged shooting conspiracies in order to understand where I'm coming from.

I get it. I do, but I don't throw every mass shooting into the stage shooting conspiracy. James Holmes, I admit, was a really weird scenario.
I think the shooting yesterday is to soon to tell. We don't know his home life. We don't know how his mom treated him or if he had issues with his father and older brother not being around. His home life is not known yet. We may find out he was abused. We may yet find out there was warning signs. We just don't know enough yet to conclude this was staged.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I understand. I'm always viewing every story with the benefit of the doubt. I don't know if this one was staged either. Just by connecting the dots between James Holmes and the OR mall shooter stories not resulting in any new laws, I'm just putting two and two together and expecting this one to be a psyop as well. They are trying to ban guns no doubt about it. They are trying to drum up support from the public. Whether the one in CT was staged or not, you gotta admit, it's quite convenient for the gun grabbers. Even if this was a real spontaneous incident, it's still sick how everyone is reacting with calls for gun control.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe the NRA is doing this because they want to secretly arm the public.
Maybe they are aware of the upcoming ground war with the world police kicking down our doors soon.
Maybe they are trying to save America.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I agree, but I thought maybe there were more motives for the NRA to do this that I cannot think of right now. That is most likely the case, but it's almost too obvious.

What about the people who post on blogs and forums to capitalize off it? Maybe they did it...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I also had an alternative theory to the FEMA Camp conspiracy. Perhaps the ones they will detain will be the blind "sheep". Perhaps they believe in Darwinism. Only the one's who are smart enough to see what is coming should survive. After all, if they want to reduce the population to 500 million, then they will have to eradicate some of the gullible as well. There are way more than 500 million "sheep" in this world. But probably less than 500 million of our type. If you believe in the FEMA prison thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

No Real Advantage (NRA) to playing that card.... besides it would be the end of the organization if the news got it as it would destroy their moral authority in the issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Anything's on the table. How would bloggers capitalize from these events though? Wouldn't they get more traffic to their sites by posing stories about Snooki? Also, I think the NRA has he power and resources to do these things. If a blogger had that kind of power, well, he wouldn't be a blogger in the first place.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

True, but who's side is the media really on? This could be an example of reverse psychology. They are concealing the details of each story for someone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
If it was the NRA, they are playing a very dangerous game with little upside and a huge possibility of loss. No, I believe it is either our government or the UN attempting to disarm us prior to establishing a one world totalitarian fascist dictatorship.

You people who think the NRA did this are out of your minds. Why on earth would they want more gun controls when that is what they fight against daily?

The NRA is full of true American patriots who build the back bone of this country. The accusation is disgusting.

Obama is the one who pulled a lot of funding for school security, however he certainly is happy to give Egypt a billion dollars of military aid to this day even though they are now led by our enemy. The thought that they are still sending them the most advanced F-16 built today should piss off every American to high hell.

Not to mention its OUR MONEY!!! If they want job security and this type of Stimulus then send them to Israel so they can fight off all the Wacko Arab dictators should they need too now that they are being surrounded by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Obama and the UN go hand in hand like lovers. They are systematically destroying this nation from within while supporting AQ and the Muslims, WTF people. WAKE UP!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I don't actually think it was the NRA. But they do have at least one motive, to boost donations. The NRA could've been created to give people the illusion that someone is fighting for their rights. I don't know, but I thought I'd bring up that possibility because it has not been mentioned yet. I do think it was our gov or the UN. But playing devil's advocate never hurt anyone right?

edit on 15-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Makes about as much sense as McDonald's promoting weight loss programs.
This is not a good way to drum up money or members.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I guess I mean that existing members of the NRA are going to donate more because they know the NRA is going to have a tough battle coming, and they will need all the help they can get. Not to mention, gun manufacturers are also big contributors to the NRA. The more of these shootings happen, the more people buy guns. Then the manufacturers donate more to the NRA for supporting their highly lucrative industry. Also, many new gun owners means many new NRA members.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
thread

I made a thread similar to this yesterday. There are a lot of interesting points of view in there.

I'm very open to the possibility of these kind of shootings as one of many possible end results of a very serious mental illness. However . . .

That is most likely the case, but it's almost too obvious.

I tend to agree with Frettin here.

But then . . .

Maybe the NRA is doing this because they want to secretly arm the public. Maybe they are aware of the upcoming ground war with the world police kicking down our doors soon. Maybe they are trying to save America.

I've honestly never even thought of this way and it brings up an interesting point. They very well could be. But they have presented themselves in pretty offensive ways in the past that keep me wanting to get behind such an organization. It does make you wonder though.

You people who think the NRA did this are out of your minds. Why on earth would they want more gun controls when that is what they fight against daily?

This line of thinking assumes that more gun control laws always follow these kind of shootings? Do they? I have no idea. Has there been a steady decrease in the availability of guns in the last 15 years? Has it gone up?

" But playing devil's advocate never hurt anyone right?"

Correct, and its nice to know people can have civil discussions about this. Keeping an open mind about possibilities is crucial.

Makes about as much sense as McDonald's promoting weight loss programs. This is not a good way to drum up money or members.

Have donations gone up or down in the last decade? Has their membership gone up or down since these kind of mass shootings have been prominent in the media?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by entermemo

Yes that thread is very similar. It's kind of a no-brainer that these events cause people to buy more guns out of either fear of their fellow Americans snapping or fear from new gun laws. I tried to find a graph of the NRA statstics but no such luck. They had $200,000,000+ in the bank in 2004 according to wiki. That gives them a lot more pull than a blogger like another poster suggested.

new topics

top topics

join