It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanist in the navy given the thumbs up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The navy admit to having a practising satanist on board and have given him the go a head to preform his rituals on the ship!!!
here is the story www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

I was quite suprised to see they announced it on sky news!
what are your thoughts?

[edit on 24-10-2004 by bluemeanie]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The British are in for one, �hell� of a ride! I�ve also read Anton Szandor LaVey�s book, �The Satanic Bible�. If the British Navy had taken the time to read what the book propagates maybe they wouldn�t have been so quick to legitimize it by allowing him to perform Satanic worship on the ship! Every military person is sworn to uphold certain virtues as part of their oaths to being a Sailor, Airmen, Soldier or Marine. The Satanic Bible teaches hedonism to the extreme. Military personal are expected to be selfless in service and hold to a high code of conduct. The Satanic Bible is the exact opposite of that.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So what? So long as he is not violating any rules, nor the rights of others, it is a non issue.

I am impressed with the Royal Navy for allowing him freedom of religion.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
Military personal are expected to be selfless in service and hold to a high code of conduct. The Satanic Bible is the exact opposite of that.

Satanic Bible also teaches "Do onto others before they do onto you". Sounds like Bush's pre-emptive military, doesn't it?

And, least we all forget... the military and good ol' God fearing values, like "thou shalt not kill." Or Buddist (or is it Hindu's?) who cannot harm a living creature.

I would think Satanism would be the most useful of all religions to be exceptable by any military standards.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
anyone know what these rituals entail? would they be practiced inside or outiside aboard HMS satan?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If I read the article correct it was only his burial ritual that was in question. But I cannot say if it covers the whole story of course.

And this being my first post on these forums I should probably say hello.

Hello! *waves*

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Soothsayer,

�Thou shalt not kill�, is not a complete translation of the original text. The Hebrew word translated as kill in the King James Version of the Holy Bible more accurately translates too premeditated murder. The commandment forbids individuals from killing other individuals in what we would term today as first-degree murder. The Bible also gives governing authorities greater latitude in how they choose to use deadly force.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Unfortunate misguided chap.

Well, the choice is really his.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Unfortunate misguided chap.

yup i agree but could be quite handy if it came down to close quarter combat and he went loopy on a satanic,blood crazed killing binge,its just calming him down after that could entail a few probs?

top topics

join