Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Violent video games caused the massacre of 5 and 6 year olds combined with aspergers/autism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I read the OP's post and thought "wow what garbage, thats probly the worst post in this thread".

But then I saw yours..

The devil made him do it? please take your made up mythical beings and leave.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The only game I can think of that falls in to what you are saying would be 'Super Columbine Massacre'. No other game I have played, and I've played many, allows you to shoot elementary kids and commit suicide afterwards.

Plus this guy wasn't 5 and 6 years of age. A lot of reality happens between 5 and 20 years of age regardless if you have Aspergers or not.
Video games don't teach you how to shoot a gun. Believe it or not those aren't real guns. You don't just hit a button to load or reload a real gun. Real guns don't sit in your hand like a controller does. Those aren't real people, they are just pixels.

There is no video game that could get you emotionally ready for what Adam Lanza did yesterday.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I believe the inherent danger in movies and games will not necessarily motivate acts of actual violence, but can influence and enhance the risks in already compromised minds.

I watched my son play an X-box 360 game online some time ago and it was a war game, I had no idea how real the graphics had become, and was shocked and amazed at first, then I seen a soldier of some kind being shot by the gun on the screen, there was a scream in pain, as an arm was blown off, blood and gore was too real, as the game character began to fall, I looked at my son and he has a strange grin on his face, then with his controller he continued shooting at that character. My son is not a violent person, and he is a teenager, old enough to buy, rent and play that kind of game, and while I don't believe he would ever do anything bad in real life, I can't help but wonder how these games affect young people.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Instead of typing a rant, I'll just leave these here...

Why games face so much controversy

Examples of controversies and possible solutions

If you think games are mindless shooting, here's an example to the contrary

link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I was born before video games

Obviously your young mind was polluted by these...

link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I'm sorry that you are blind to the truth. Let me guess, he was a tramatized mentally unstable kid, who had no mom or dad to love him, he could'nt deal with the world or the world he created for himself so he went off the deep end and killed 20 innocent kids. If that is not evil what do you call it. In time the "mythical" creature will expose himself, and all of those who do not believe in "fairy tales" will be sad that they did not. I will not leave because you told me to, I do not work that way. I will stand my ground as I always do, faith unwavering.

PLPL

I see from your other threads you do not believe in God, there are to many people like you, effected or should I say infected with spiritual deprivation. I hope one day you learn the truth, the nice way, not the hard way.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Minori because: felt like it

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
He committed suicide after the vile incident so he knew what he was doing was wrong. He was not playing with a full deck i agree, Video games can desensitize people but i don't think to that degree. People know the difference in killing monsters in a video game and killing real people. I would like to see the entire content of his Facebook page. I have a theory that Facebook is damaging our childrens perception of reality in that they socialize on it with no face to face human contact. They can say whatever they like to someone with no consequence. They are effectively masked. The last few events that happened the killers wore masks. Mask = Facebook. There is no consequence to their action on Facebook. They wear a mask subconsciously so they can perpetrate the act with no consequence basically.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The next time I get a speeding ticket I guess I should send the ticket to Electronic Arts and blame them because of Need for Speed even though people were getting tickets long before the game or the company.

I guess Pacman influenced Jeffery Dahlmer into eating all those people.
edit on 15-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It would be interesting to test the shooter's mom and the shooter himself for Toxoplasma gondii.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Brain Parasite Infection From Cats Linked To Schizophrenia, Suicide

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
He committed suicide after the vile incident so he knew what he was doing was wrong.

One thing that stands out in this case to me is that of all of the people he shot, only one survived.

If this was random, and just mental illness it seems to me that there would have been more wounded and less dead.

He KILLED every person he shot, except one, that was shot in the foot? ... That is what I have heard anyway.

He had to look at every person (including the children) with the intent to kill. That is pure evil, not insanity, and there really is no good explanation for it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Text

I know that this is an old answer to this whole violent video game courses violence argument etc. but i have to ask that if this is the case, then shouldn't we take all the Disney cartoons that have been made and put them in the prisons and have prisoners watch them over and over until they are happy little people who run about and smile.

here i'll put it another way, if violent video games are the reason behind all these killing sprees then lets get the guys who played Mario brothers as kids and see if they spend their days running about jumping on bugs and eating mushrooms.

if you cant tell, this is a stupid argument that people who have no real answers go to. It just comes from scared people who have no idea why people do these things. could it be that he was just a nut (not using the clinical term here) i mean really, video games aren't behind it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

It is evil in its truest form. Now watch how evil works with everyone else creating a scapegoat for this type of behavoir instead of exposing what it really is...EVIL. It has such a hold on some of us we even make excuses for it. Time to put the blame where the blame goes, and get rid of it.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He supposedly played video games, but in case you haven't noticed, there are other video games besides shooters and slashers. Online video games fulfill our desire for competition, often taking the place of sports. It is so typical for psychology to assume video game violence leads to actual violence. There have only like a handful of cases in which this has happened, and in all cases I know of the perpetrator of violence was an extreme case and had other emotional baggage that had turned him towards violent behavior.

The kid is described of having an angsty, dark side, and keeping to himself. His brother says that he had a personality disorder, and from all that you conclude that video games are to blame? Really?

Furthermore, what would playing COD or a similar game have to do with targeting CHILDREN? In what game is your job to even kill children or classmates (besides Super Columbine Massacre RPG)?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
There is a lot of speculation on what caused the shooter to explode like that. As a former professor of Psychology and of Human Development I have a hypothesis.

The shooter was autistic/aspergers. These people have extremely poor social skills and emotionally frequently operate at a very low (ie young child) level. Children can not tell the difference between reality and fantasy until around the ages of 6-8, about the time they catch on that Santa isn't real. My hypothesis is the shooter's emotional intelligence was below that threshold.

Many have said he spent most of his time playing video games. We know that if you immerse soldiers in realistic video games they will perform with less remorse and feeling on the battlefield, there is plenty of research to back that up.

So this man was emotionally crippled and most likely below the emotional level of understanding the difference between immersive fantasy and reality. Add to that video games which lower the threshold of understanding and feeling even lower and WHAM. You have a person who when the right "trigger" comes along acts out the fantasies he has been engaging in day after day, hour after hour, without really realizing the difference between fantasy and the reality of what he is doing. He just acts automatically as the games have trained him to do with no empathy or understanding that the children were people with feelings which he didn't have and so could not relate to.

His mother had the "fantasy" guns available, there was a trigger and he went to a place where he knew there would be a lot of targets and played his game to act out his triggered rage. That's my hypothesis.

I dont believe for one minute that you are as qualified as you suggest.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Really it's the Democrats problem they wanted instutions closed and people dealt with on the open market. The Republicans seen major government savings and this is what you have. Everybody should be happy

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Listen..I've played all types of videos games...even violent ones...

They never have made me want to go be violent myself.

It's not the things...it's the people..

Today in America 50 Million Video Game players ( Gamers ) DID NOT murder people......

Explain that one ^

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yay, the violent video game argument again! The only thing I have to say about this is if this is true, if twenty-something males are doing this because of video games, how do explain all the incidents that happened before the introduction of video games to our society?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I agree 100%! Sadly, people will blame the tool, not the root cause. It isn't "Expedient" for their agenda or in support of their political talking points - which is exactly why continue to have this problem. We're arguing about the wrong solution.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yeah, video games will definitely make you do this

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Many people with autism and aspergers are more intelligent than non autism people... while they are emotionally immature they are intellectually advanced beyond the norm and have a greater sense of right and wrong.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution