It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confusing reoccuring Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This particular dream has been going on now for probably about a year or more but, not very offten through out the year(s); I say years because it seems like it's been more than a year, every time I have it, I'm getting more and more confused in the dream.

Here's the dream..

I get a call from my XO (Executive Officer) in the military service I was in, covo goes something like this..

XO: "Staff Sargent (last name) why are you here?"

ME: " Hello, who is this ??!

XO: "Your commanding officer, from your unit~!"

ME:" ahhh.. sir.. I'm not in the military any more .., I was honorably discharged like 30 years ago~!"

XO: "get in here or you'll be AWOL"

He hangs up, I show up, get all my uniforms, all the time I'm completely confused, trying to remember what I need to do, I'm so far behind in my duties, I can't travel with the company to the training site..

anyone else have this type of dream.. meaning being in a former occupation (military/gov) and having it reoccurring .. ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
This particular dream has been going on now for probably about a year or more but, not very offten through out the year(s); I say years because it seems like it's been more than a year, every time I have it, I'm getting more and more confused in the dream.

Here's the dream..

I get a call from my XO (Executive Officer) in the military service I was in, covo goes something like this..

XO: "Staff Sargent (last name) why are you here?"

ME: " Hello, who is this ??!

XO: "Your commanding officer, from your unit~!"

ME:" ahhh.. sir.. I'm not in the military any more .., I was honorably discharged like 30 years ago~!"

XO: "get in here or you'll be AWOL"

He hangs up, I show up, get all my uniforms, all the time I'm completely confused, trying to remember what I need to do, I'm so far behind in my duties, I can't travel with the company to the training site..

anyone else have this type of dream.. meaning being in a former occupation (military/gov) and having it reoccurring .. ?

I'm no expert, but from what I've learned...

When ever you have a dream, first discern if it's a vivid (or a premonition, which latered will be accounted as deja vu), which is usually not the case with reoccurring dreams or if it's a symbolic dream. If it's a symbolic dream you must start by defining the symbols.

What did you XO represent to you, was he a mentor, was he a bastard, was he an acquaintance?

Was your rank and promotions important to you during your service? If so, are they still important now.

Is there anything else you've stopped doing recently, maybe a bad habit or stopped associating with certain people?

Are there any forces trying to drag you back to do something? Did you want to serve or was it forced by draft?

Is there something in your life you've neglected recently or have forgotten about or disconnected from? Like family or friends?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

appreciate the reply !thx you !

What did you XO represent to you, was he a mentor, was he a bastard, was he an acquaintance?

mentor/boss/superior

Was your rank and promotions important to you during your service? If so, are they still important now.

Fairly important .. I was a Staff Sargent, so fairly important being a NCO in Field Artillery. Not sure how important it is now..

Is there anything else you've stopped doing recently, maybe a bad habit or stopped associating with certain people?

yes & yes ..

Are there any forces trying to drag you back to do something? Did you want to serve or was it forced by draft?

1) interesting you should ask.. perhaps.. (2) wanted to serve..

Is there something in your life you've neglected recently or have forgotten about or disconnected from? Like family or friends?

Yes.. but I wouldn't say neglected.. more like put on the back burner ..

family has always been distant..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Great questions from wishful1gnorance.

Komodo, maybe you feel like you're not striving to excel in your current life and the XO is telling you to get back to the discipline of the military. Maybe you aren't where you thought you'd be now back when you were in the service and that is bothering you.

Just a couple of thoughts.

MSB

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

appreciate the reply !thx you !

mentor/boss/superior

Fairly important .. I was a Staff Sargent, so fairly important being a NCO in Field Artillery. Not sure how important it is now..

yes & yes ..

1) interesting you should ask.. perhaps.. (2) wanted to serve..

Yes.. but I wouldn't say neglected.. more like put on the back burner ..

family has always been distant..

Okay so, there is a force that you observe as a guide, ordering you to get back to your station that has long since been abandon, maybe the recent 'separation' you've experienced is calling you back to do what you had initially intended, but based on your confusion you probably had no real idea how to solve it in the first place, even though you really wanted it to be everything it could be. All though expectations can easily be missed. So whatever cause this dream to start occuring probably started either a month before or about a 2 weeks after an event that caused the dream. I would say that you need to resolve any conflicts that may have once hung over your head. Obviously your guiding subconscious is trying to get you to do so. I know that this is very broad and may not relate on every key, but I think I'm in the ball park.

new topics

top topics

join