It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike TV $10,000,000 reward for Bigfoot + Casting for new show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
According the video below, Spike TV is offering a $10 Million payout for unambiguous proving evidence for the existence of Bigfoot. Further, apparently they're also casting for personalities to fill roles in their own "Finding Bigfoot" show. You could be the next Bobo ... or something.

Here's the notice for the $10,000,000 Bounty from Spike News:
Spike TV teams with Lloyd's of Londen to offer $10 Million prize for proof that Bigfoot exists.

Anyone have a Bigfoot body stashed in a freezer somewhere?
Now's your chance.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just saw " Spike " and wanted to join in

On topic: This is an interesting little idea they have, it will most likely just produce more of the same...But hey, a little chance is better than no chance at all.

Thanks for the post.

SS

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Anyone want to play dress up?

Wow! That is a big chunk of change for sure! I wish I lived in a different Fema Region right now.......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I think it'd be fun to see an ATS member or staff cast in the show where they may even plug the board, or have ATS involvement through thread posting, or some other community participation in the show.

The $10 Million prize will certainly have people rushing the stores for blueberry muffins, and/or crates of ammunition and deep woods kit.
Were I one of these folk rumored to already have a body stashed in a freezer, I'd be making phone calls to Spike TV right now before someone else bags the prize money.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I hope somewhere they've specified that if an individual is found, THEY BE ALIVE AND KEPT THAT WAY. If they're real, they should be protected from being hunted and killed for a bounty.

Which brings up an interesting legal conundrum. Have they rights? Are they protected by our laws? Would a hunter bringing in one dead be charged with murder?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do you think if "Bigfoot" was found, Spike TV would be allowed to do that?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

I think $10 Million + the backing of a major Television network as part of MTV Networks operating under Viacom's umbrella, + Affiliation with Lloyd's of London = enough money, power, and influence to pretty much do what they want when it comes to Bigfoot, or any other animal that for the moment is considered a fairy tale.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

But if "Bigfoot" was found, the people looking for that information will get to it long before Spike TV ever hears about it, meaning the scientists. Then the government and the scientists decide what would be the way to proceed. The people you are talking about couldn't touch it until those decisions are made. The only way Spike TV could do that is with a contract with the finder before the fact.

edit on 15-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What I mean is if you found "Bigfoot", I do not think you would want to parade it down the streets or anything like that.
edit on 15-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I think this is a bad idea
I can see it now if there is bigfoot/yeti
i can bet you that there will be loads
of hunters out there just waiting to shoot the first fing that
looks like a bigfoot
lets just hope someone trying to fake this for the money
and theres a hunter that just so happens to be in the
same area and the fool in the suit gets a bullet in the head

and even if theres a real one they will try to capture it

on a side note have i offended in someway with my
remarks on your avatar pic
is that a pic of you

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I haven't chimed into ATS for awhile....

First, I have some questions for the OP. I've noticed that you are a tenacious skeptic/debunker in terms of certain forums/topics. But yet, I've noticed that you have made the time to alert members (or make posts) to news concerning Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti. I don't know where you live, but have you ever had an encounter? Just curious.
This kind of publicity is kind of a two edged sword. On one side, if enough motivation is presented such as the monetary sum to find and document the creature then we can protect it. On the other side, given such a large reward, I am afraid that someone will kill one just like bringing in the largest tuna or shark to prove a point.
In previous threads about Bigfoot (such as from SLAYER69), I've indicated that I have seen one up close. What ever they are they do exist. There are two films now to prove their existence. One is the Patterson/Gimlin film and the other is the recent one
Auburn Bigfoot

What ever SPIKETV is up to, I hope they use caution and refrain from promoting killing a hominid species that we are still trying to figure out.

Best regards,

Kratos

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Hello,

hmmm, you echo my thoughts with your post sir, in more ways than one...

Thank you for that well worded and thought out reply.

SS

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

No offense taken.

reply to post by Kratos40

You are correct. I am indeed an assertive skeptic.
Assertive skepticism, however, doesn't mean that I don't want to see something out of story books found true.
This OP could be for anything on the fringe as far as I'm concerned.
If Television network X was offering $$$ for a UFO, an Alien body, a Ghost, Angel, Demon, Unicorn, Vampire, Werewolf, Genie, Mermaid, Lochness Monster, or any other sort of anything that's accepted as mythical, I'd have no hesitation to post a thread regarding such reward.

I'd love to meet a ghost, an alien, a bigfoot, or something of the sort.

I've a fair amount of liberty in my life for many pursuits and being slightly misanthropic, my personal time in taking time off out of the office usually involves sailing, or wilderness retreat, alone, by myself, for anywhere from a week - month.
I'm currently between sailboats.
My wilderness forays are typically 50+ miles away from the nearest mapped human structure.
I go mostly primitive with a few concessions of necessity, snaring small game and gathering edible plants, tubers, berries, leaves, roots, and keeping awareness of edible bugs.
In all my forays, I've come pretty much face to face with all sorts of animal; bears, cougars, wolves, pigs, deer, etc. Never have I ever seen any sign, or the barest inclination of a Bigfoot. No tracks, no spooky unidentifiable calls in the night, no tingling sensation of feeling watched; nothing.
I'm comfortable in the wilds, and the longer you spend, especially when you're a month in the bush, the more in tune you are with your surroundings in picking up on subtle changes, the habits and alarm calls of birds, a small scent on the wind, the night time screams of dying rabbits plucked from the ground by owls, or caught by some other animal, the white noise of bugs singing and the spots where that singing stops as deer, or other animals disturb the bugs while moving. You pick these things up and learn to see with more than just your eyes.

I've never, however, seen a bigfoot, or any sign of one and some places I've trekked are supposedly infested with them.

Of note; I'm not looking for bigfoot, but, spend enough time long enough in the bush and you pick up when something is amiss.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

me love BOBO!!!!!! HEE HEE

what a cool DUDE

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So let me explain the flip-side of your response. My journeys have taken me to old/new metropolitan areas such as Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico City/Teotihuacan, Cancun/Chichen Itza, New York, Seattle, Portland, Austin, and Tokyo. I have partially completed the John Muir Trail. I have partially done the Pacific Coast Trail, and I have camped out in the Olympic Peninsula (I love this place!!!).
The first time going camping in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon (Kaibab National Forest), I had a strange encounter. If you want details, check out SLAYER's epic thread.
I also had a "sighting" in the area of the Mogollon Rim in Arizona. It was 1 or 2 in the morning, it sounded like a pissed off woman or someone getting murdered for a span of 15-20 minutes. It was so loud, it echoed back from the rim valleys behind us. It spooked the campers across the lake from us, that they packed and left in a big hurry.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it will be just like the other Bigfoot shows and be more about entertainment than actually trying to find real proof. These "investigators" can't go into an area for one night of filming and actually expect to have a first hand experience. Most witnesses live in these areas for years and only have maybe 1 or 2 sightings.

Ideally, these crews need to be on location for several weeks if they hope to gather any hard evidence; however, that might not even be enough time.

Of course, my above statements assume Bigfoot is real which I personally believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

With all of your woodland excursions, I know you would like a crack at this Druscilla, (love the new avatar btw) hell that thing should have fallen out of a tree and into your lap by now with all of the time you've got logged out there in the stick.

(do they climb trees?)

This opportunity likens to a land bound version of 'Jaws' when the fishermen were scrambling like keystone cops in the marina to bring the big fish in and claim the reward.
I bet the eight planned episodes will have plenty of comic relief as they give us plenty of the 'What was that!?" and "Shhh! Did you hear that?!", moments as they try to deal with the harsh elements of the environment.

The network has already begun casting contestants for “10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty,” which will feature scientists, zoologists, seasoned trackers, and actual Bigfoot hunters who all believe in the infamous creature’s existence. The teams will be faced with the daunting task of proving to a group of experts that Bigfoot, the hairy ape-like sasquatch, exists with the irrefutable evidence. The winner will be the first team to secure proof – and win the unprecedented $10 million bounty.
from op source

The contestants selected to participate in the show will never see the $10 million dollar prize money and Lloyd's, along with everyone involved in the shows production, knows this. I predict quite the opposite will happen, however, like you.... I genuinely hope my prediction is proven very wrong.

The huge money pot, along with the exciting topic of Bigfoot, builds the public hype... thereby increasing the television viewer fan base. The show itself is not a serious attempt to find Bigfoot, but a serious attempt for those involved in it's production to be the ones making all the money from the eight episodes, and still keep their 10 mil.

Imagine the behind-the-scenes choreography that will take place to insure that the hunters will provide enough suspense and drama is delivered, as promised to the viewer, to get those ratings up. Participates would be held to the constraints of the producers who's job it is to well, produce..stay on schedule, on budget, and on top of ratings.
I can see camera crews noisily stomping through the woods after unloading equipment from noisy trucks. The,(in between takes) horse play, loud laughter, and total lack of the discipline required to stealthily locate, photograph, entrap, ensnare, tranquilize, or even audibly record anything resembling the elusive one.
When the cameras are rolling, the viewer will certainly be given the impression they are very quiet....and very serious.

The only way I would be involved in such an endeavor is to act completely alone (go figure).
A good place to start would be on the perimeter of where these idiots will be operating, waiting for Mr. B.F. Squatch to be flushed out, fleeing all the frightening activity in his woods.

Like most woodland creatures, you would not see me...hear me...or even smell me. Taking lessons learned from survival training during military, operations in S. America, and along with a life of various such adventures, my entire setup would be to take advantage of it's reported curiosity and lure it into my trap. filming the encounter, as I rise up behind the Squatch, tap it on the shoulder, and say boo....just as I poke it with a bang stick.

Okay producers, (Charlie Corwin’s Original Media), I'll take your challenge... and I'm more then happy with only half of the offered amount, (I need to upgrade my sailboat to a 42 footer I've got my eye on.)
I'll even flip the nickel for my own equipment...the only catch is, I get to work alone...my rules.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

That, in my own opinion, if BF exists, is the only way someone is going to get anywhere.
No calls. No banging on trees or rocks. No need for half a ton of equipment. Just someone alone, where this supposed critter exists, that has the patience and stealth of a trained sniper as well as time enough to exercise that patience.
For someone like me, the hardest part would be looking and waiting for something I've never seen and as much as I wish it existed, don't have any real confirming evidence enough to make me think so.

Ah $10 Million. I wonder what the fine print says. Will it come down to a bullet (or several), Ketamine, or M99? Would unambiguous confirming NatGeo quality video work too?

A bullet would likely be more convenient, but, alone, dragging a corpse as large as these things are suppose to be any sort of distance for recovery would be a no-go. You'd need have a helicopter on call, with folk on standby to help muscle the proof into the helicopter, or a cargo net when they show up.
A shot of K or M99 would only last so long and the critter would need be tracked for however long it took to pass out, then effectively immobilized for its own safety as well as the hunter's. It'd take an unpredictable number of sedation doses before the helicopter arrived for pickup, all at the risk of running out and then having a large unknown animal in full fight/flight mode with only however much of a degree of immobilizing rope, ties, shackles. or super glue you've used to to keep it immobile between you and it.

There's that, and one can't just walk into a Vet's office and say gimme lots of tranq drugs cause I'm hunting BF.

Bullets are cheaper, but, how human are these things supposed to be, if they exist?

The logistics of it seem a nightmare, and problematical in many respects.
I could see a 3 or 4 person military SF trained team working quietly and pulling it off, but, how many of those are hanging around, equipped, financed, planned, and ready to go on such a snipe hunt and take it in all seriousness?

Ah, but a sailboat upgrade. One could get a custom order Nautor Swan and full kit with bells, whistles, blinking lights, and little flags on for $10 Mil. Makes one want to go almost a little crazy and actually entertain running out into the pines.

Won't be happening here though. I hates the cold. Me and cold, especially snow do not go together. I'm only game for stomping about come summer.

It'll be interesting if nothing ever comes of this. $10 Million in bait should fill the game board with sufficient players such enough that if there is a Bigfoot, it'll get got. If nothing comes of this, especially with $10 Million just sitting there, waiting, begging to be taken, I'll take it as a sure sign that there's no such thing as the Bigfoot, no matter how much anyone wants to believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

There goes the neighborhood - signed, Sasquatch (hey humans, "Bigfoot" is a derogatory term to us, how insensitive)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Got it covered, just have to pick the right spot to stage it until radioed for.
Shouldn't be too difficult to convince another pilot to hang out with it somewhere, within say a 25 mile radius... payment contingent on bagging Mr. Harry and with successful hookup and transport, and upon reward payout.

I have a less-than-lethal idea that I have no doubt will work to drop one long enough for me to secure it.
I would take back to the tree tops with my gaffs to pop smoke, for a signal, and wait. My only real concern are other nearby squatches that just may show up and create an uncomfortable situation for all involved.
But like you said, too cold for any action right now... I would rather move during the late spring if any, that might at least give me a cool down period. I might even come to my senses.

They've reported the episodes will be filmed in several locations around the country, I wonder where. They'll never say until finished filming I'm sure because they wouldn't want any pranksters traipsing around their sets in an auburn suit.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join