It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Mainstream Media!! ENOUGH About The Gunman Already!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Apparently some people have reading problems
Did those of you agreeing with the media's approach in this tragedy READ THE OP?????????

When did I say the media should stop talking about this??
Never, that's when

I said the media should stop having this story monopolize the airwaves.
Is that finally clear for those with reading issues?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I said the media should stop having this story monopolize the airwaves. Is that finally clear for those with reading issues?

What reading issues?

We read what you said

This story is huge - it's mind boggling. More importantly it's heartbreaking - shocking - soul numbing

This is the way the news works now - it's going to be everywhere because now the news is everywhere - and this is THE story

What I think is interesting is that you find the coverage to be too much...

Why is it too much? What should they be covering?

edit on 12/16/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree with you comments.

By obsessively focusing on shooting and negativity they do a few things. First, it creates the impression that shootings and violence are out of control. What's worse is that many channels and media outlets are not airing shows about responsible gun use or about responsible gun owners. These people have the power to control information because so many people are getting information this way. What this does is it distorts reality. If gun rights activists don't respond then they'll have to take it sitting down. Second, by giving so much attention to these topics the news outlets are ensuring that more people out there will attempt copy cat crimes. It's a recipe for gun control.

There's nobody to blame except ourselves if it goes this way. We're just messed up. Maybe we're just not smart enough to have these freedoms and must depend on government to baby us. If this is true, it's just another sign of our eusocial destiny as a species to exchange our individuality for unification. If a single individual is incapable of understanding then they must be controlled by the hive. This means for all peoples, not for just rare persons. We're already on this road. Government, libraries, teachers, numerous occupations and other indicators all point to this eventual end. However, not all slippy slopes get slippier and slippier. So maybe I should be cautious about certainty. But consider that from my perspective everything is slippy and what's ahead is shrouded in fog.
edit on 29-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join