It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Mainstream Media!! ENOUGH About The Gunman Already!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You go to any major news website and what do you see?
You don't only see a few articles about the shooting..no!
You see NOTHING BUT articles and videos and commentaries about the shooting

The gunman this, the gunman that
Every link on a homepage is about the shooting dammit

I'm very sorry for the families and the victims but damn enough is enough!!!!!

Stop milking the story on overdrive..............

It's only telling people out there that being a shooter like the gunman will make you a seriously famous person.

Think about the Batman shooting, everyone knows how that guy looks like now
Why spread so much negativity?
How come no one knows how some local guy donating food to homeless people every week looks like????

Everything about this is so stupid!1

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Bad news, and media sensationalism is good for ratings.

I agree enough already because when the crazies see the instant hype that also leads to more events such as yesterday.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It's only telling people out there that being a shooter like the gunman will make you a seriously famous person.

How come no one knows how some local guy donating food to homeless people every week looks like????

But endless ATS threads speculating a cabal of powerful leaders manufactured this crime is perfectly legitimate
edit on 15-12-2012 by GeneralMishka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if Israels about to attack Iran or some other civil war is about to break out in the middle east, haha

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree. It's like a massive propaganda campaign, starting with the obvious wiping of political tears by our CiC followed by the fade away stills from the media, all to pull at the heart strings. It's still horrible what happened, but surely there are other things worth reporting. Reading your post reminded me of a very relevant video... Mind if I share it?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I've made a few posts in one antigun thread, and a couple in one of Heff's threads.

But that's been it.

Nothing more I can add.

Gunman bad.
2nd Amendment should stand.
Prayers for the lives lost.

But there is only so many times I can state my opinion. So, usually a rabid poster, I've spent time just reading.

Gotta agree with your OP though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It's the same here on ATS. Every other thread is about the incident one way or the other.
It just happened yesterday so it will be all you see until another news story overshadows it. The only way it's going away anytime soon is if something worse happens. Let's hope not.

edit on 15-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You forgot to mention ATS!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How dare they cover something that people are interested in and talking about.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
But endless ATS threads speculating a cabal of powerful leaders manufactured this crime is perfectly legitimate

There's not endless threads, not by far

You may disagree but this topic is not the only topic
You can go to BAM and find many other articles, as well as current events, breaking political and all other sections.
Number of threads wise it doesn't even represent a majority
Activity is something else though
But on MSM sites that's all I see and it by far represents a majority

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
tragedy sells...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Look at what these scumbags are doing...

ABC, NY Times reporters go full-on vulture tweeting friends, family of Connecticut massacre targets

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Many bodies of the innocent victims have yet to be claimed.... The left and the liberals in hollywood are already submitting petitions to the White house calling for gun bans... This scumbag took the guns from his mother because the Connecticut waiting period worked and kept him from buying the guns when he wanted them....

This is my first and last post on this topic until all of the dust has settled. Time to honor, respect and remember the innocent who did not have to die yesterday...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We just saw 28 lives get taken away, 20 of those, innocent young lives, our future doctors, engineers, fireman, police. This all happened in small town America, a place where something like this shouldn't have to happen, and it is the what? 4th shooting to happen this year alone. It is a big deal and people have every right to discuss this incident, it needs to be discussed and we need a debate. There are people here that want to continue to shut down any debate and frankly folks aren't having any of it anymore. Those parents have had enough.

The media has always been sensationalist, they are private businesses at the end of the day, they have an audience to appeal to. If you don't like what you see on TV, turn it off, you've got netflix and youtube, stop whining.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sensationalism?

Exactly what part of this story was sensationalized?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

There were a bunch of 6 and 7 year-olds that were murdered - along with their teachers and the killers mother

Does this story bother you?

edit on 12/15/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It might be a bit much, but it only happened yesterday!

Sorry, but people are trying to understand what happened. Many people have Children, so it hits close to home.
Humanity has to find a way to stop the madness. If we don't discuss it, we cant figure out ways to prevent it.

You could always turn the channel, or turn off the internet. Ironic that you are actually talking about it.

edit on 15-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

We just saw 28 lives get taken away, 20 of those, innocent young lives, our future doctors, engineers, fireman, police.

Speaking of sensationalism... so the future doctors, engineers, firemen, and police were somehow more important than the ones who would grow up to be blue collar workers? Where's your head at?

You might want to run your ideas through a logic filter before posting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So if the MSM stopped covering, or gave minimal coverage, to what is a tragedy worthy of global audiences......how long before you and others are screaming that the MSM are covering the story up!

I can see the ATS headlines now...."28 People killed...and the media aren't reporting it!.....COVER UP!!!!"

Damned if they do....damned if they don't.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Note to all Creator Creations-- 4th dimensional called or labeled beings feed off of negative vibrations from other Creator Creations experiencing sadness-pain-suffer-drama-fear ect. Seems from evaluations some Creator Creations humans as 1 speaks can possess 4dimensional lower vibrations feeding / wants CRAVES potentials. These Craves may be what influence some media outlets and members to present traumatic stressed based data more often to masses possible from subconscious control layers these layers may be Benin to creation transmitting to others in conscious job like practices. In turn OP causing the need for media outlets to go after the grime-filth of certain traumatic issues that in turn feed part of populations 4d potential when observing... like first 48 -horror show-gangster movie-violent video game ect watcher/interacter interest tv shows.. deep

NAMASTE*******
edit on 12/15/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why is the MSM changing this story. NBC reports that the AR 15 was the primary/only weapon used while other sources say the rifle was found in the trunk of the car and that two pistols were used in the attack.

<<   2 >>

join