SOLAR WATCH: Sun Comes Alive - Monster Sunspot Region Emerging From the Southeastern Limb!

page: 1
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here comes another round in the game of solar Russian Roulette. Solar scientists say that it isn't a matter of if earth will be hit by a major damaging solar flare and/or a coronal mass ejection but rather when and how much damage it will do. Will this be the one? Odds are that it won't but any time you tell me the odds that something won't happen you are also telling me the odds that it will. In other words, if the odds against are 90% then the odds for are 10%. Someday, just like in Las Vegas, the long shot will pay out.

SOURCE LINK ONE

You might want to turn your speakers off for the video. The "music" is a bit annoying.



SOURCE LINK TWO

There is no direct link to the story at this site so it will fall down the page as newer articles are added.


QUIET SUN, BUT NOT FOR LONG? For the second week in a row, solar activity remains very low, but a new group of sunspots could be poised to break the quiet. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory observed the phalanx of dark cores emerging over the sun's southeastern limb on Dec. 15th:



It is too soon to say whether these spots have potential for strong flares. We'll know more in a few days when they turn toward Earth, offering a clearer view of their magnetic architecture. Meanwhile, NOAA forecasters have boosted the odds of an M-class eruption to 10% on Dec. 16th




posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Looking like a monster of a flare and you know what - I never thought of the sun as a revolving object. I didn't know it revolved! How long does it take to circle around once? Thanks for the thread.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's building up to eject a MEGA solar flare and CME in the next 4 days that will reach Earth with a direct kill shot on Friday December 21st, 2012!!!


Get to your bug out shelters NOW!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Good luck ATS's! See you on the other side of DOOMSDAY!
edit on 12/15/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Looking like a monster of a flare and you know what - I never thought of the sun as a revolving object. I didn't know it revolved! How long does it take to circle around once? Thanks for the thread.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit


SOURCE


Best Answer Yes, the Sun is revolving. Because the Sun is gaseous and not solid, the Sun spins at different rates at the equator and near the poles. The middle of the Sun spins once each 25 days or so. The polar areas take about 33 days per rotation.


There is a little more info at the source link.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So should i ask Santa for sunblock this Christmas?

Maybe Mad Dr. Michio is right and we are all headed for a 'burn-out' of our infrastructure.....

Is it sad that such news make me wanna watch Escape from L. A.?
edit on 15-12-2012 by Thorneblood because: sadness



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It seems to be a good sized sunspot group. I don't know about "monster" though. It can be seen in this image from STEREO B (at the 4 o'clock position).



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
It's building up to eject a MEGA solar flare and CME in the next 4 days that will reach Earth with a direct kill shot on Friday December 21st, 2012!!!


Get to your bug out shelters NOW!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Good luck ATS's! See you on the other side of DOOMSDAY!
edit on 12/15/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)


Like I said in the OP, it's all a game solar of Russian Roulette.
So head to your deep underground survival bunkers, get your anti radiation doses of iodine ready, stock up on SPF 50,000 sunblock and prepare to bend over, put your head between your legs and kiss you tush goodbye. If something like that really does happen all the nuclear reactors that aren't of an inherently safe design (that is nearly all of them) will melt down, along with their fuel storage pools, as soon as any backup power supplies needed to keep them cool run out of gas.

Then when nothing happens you will have had a nice vacation from the world in close quarters with your family for as long as it takes to figure out it is safe to come out. Solar disaster or not I give the average family no more than a week in those close quarters before they are at each others throats.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Perhaps they added the "monster" in the title to fuel this 21/12/12 new age nonsense. It's just another superflare. Our magnetic shield will hold... that is IF it is directed toward us.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39
 


Thank you. So this nuclear furnace thing in the sky is actually revolving at least once a month, dragging its lagging and slower poles along with it, and nobody is doing anything about it? Those poles alone must rotate around the equator, causing so many of the massive flares by just the pole-rotation opposing the slower speed of the whole furnace. Let's get busy and stop that thing.

And the flare reaching us on the 21st is in the wheelhouse of interesting.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister
 


I have to hope you are kidding, but for sake of internet discussions... what exactly would you propose we do about it?

The suns characteristics are fundamental for the development of our lives and our continued longevity. I believe 'doing something about it' might exacerbate the situation.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
reply to post by Aleister
 


I have to hope you are kidding, but for sake of internet discussions... what exactly would you propose we do about it?

The suns characteristics are fundamental for the development of our lives and our continued longevity. I believe 'doing something about it' might exacerbate the situation.


My take on it is that the comment was made tongue in cheek. At any rate there is absolutely nothing we could do to the sun to even come close to making a noticeable difference in it. The sun is so much larger than the earth that you could fit one million earths inside of it. he entire nuclear arsenal of the entire world, including all past weapons, would not equal the energy in just one of the smaller solar flares.

Nope, we are stuck with the sun just exactly as it is for better or worse.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
It's building up to eject a MEGA solar flare and CME in the next 4 days that will reach Earth with a direct kill shot on Friday December 21st, 2012!!!


Get to your bug out shelters NOW!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Good luck ATS's! See you on the other side of DOOMSDAY!
edit on 12/15/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)
Laugh it up
The potential for the "Killshot" is very real
this has the same reality as a hurricane hitting New York.

And it just so happens it should be earth facing just about Dec 21
edit on 15-12-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 
Ooooooooh- it's so pretty!

You should blow that picture up and hang it on one of your walls. I would but it would clash with my sofa.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
THIS is news worthy. Noone will hear about it though, not that they would anyway but everything from the MSM is going to be over-shadowed by the CT shooting. This is freaky, ESPECIALLY after watching the video on this link earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ruh roh..



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah it's a biggun.
Should be staring right at us next week.
Let's hope it calms down or Major Ed Dames
head is going to expand exponentially.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Expect EPIC amounts of Chemtrails next week leading up to Friday's attack.

I think I'll take Friday off of work and just stay at home.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The new region has been designated 1633. It has an area of 270 which is not particularly large. It has 8 sunspots in it. It has a classification of beta which is not conducive to strong activity.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I always feel so much better when Phage shows up and posts. He removes the panic in an instant and states the facts and moves on. Much like Superman.



+37 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
I always feel so much better when Phage shows up and posts. He removes the panic in an instant and states the facts and moves on. Much like Superman.



Jesus Christ...don't make his head any bigger.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Evildead
It's building up to eject a MEGA solar flare and CME in the next 4 days that will reach Earth with a direct kill shot on Friday December 21st, 2012!!!


Get to your bug out shelters NOW!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Good luck ATS's! See you on the other side of DOOMSDAY!
edit on 12/15/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)
Laugh it up
The potential for the "Killshot" is very real
this has the same reality as a hurricane hitting New York.

And it just so happens it should be earth facing just about Dec 21
edit on 15-12-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)


I've never been more serious. I'm at my shelter now. Coming out to get 1 last Domino's Pizza pizza and that's it until Jan.1st. Just me, my kid, and the dog.





new topics
top topics
 
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join