It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Why You Will Probably Never See CT Happen at an Israel Elementary School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Would never want to ever live on a planet, a pure hellzone, where children see or are near armed people of any kind.

Someone even so low frequency as to call that eutopia.

Grow up.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The problem with that tho is that the Israelis are in a quasi state of war with a defined enemy....and the CT incident was the result of a crazy person (programmed or not).
edit on 15-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How come so many crazies are suddenly showing up?
Planetary vibration change? Media?
This is becoming commonplace.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

It could be video games ? I really think if someone plays them all the time ,who is unstable, it could desensitize them into thinking people are a video game....or there's some subliminal message in them that we don't know about yet. ....also, the 12/21 thing may be pushing people over the edge. ....personally with the ct shooting I think the shooters mission was to kill his mom, because they were having issues and had become estranged ....and then he killed the children because in his sick mind he felt his mother loved the school children more than she loved him.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It has happened, the Ma'alot elementary school massacre, about the same number of deaths as at Newtown. There have been other shootings.

I don't think it makes much difference who the shooter/s are, if they get in.

Well, people need to stop talking about disarming Americans then, and give every teacher a rifle, training, and target practice.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Would never want to ever live on a planet, a pure hellzone, where children see or are near armed people of any kind.

Someone even so low frequency as to call that eutopia.

Grow up.

I am presuming that you are quoting my post about it being utopia. Umm if you look next to that I wrote frutopia. I would suggest that you turn on your sarcasm radar next time you wrap on your keyboard.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
With all of the advances in psychiatry I'm surprised that these tendencies are not more predictable.
Or maybe that's what's shocking is that these actions are not coming from predictable sources anymore.

That's a scary thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nothing better to guard school kids like a well armed and well trained woman. Mama bear break out on that azz.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All I know is that if you are gonna carry a variation of the M-16 (AR-15) that magazine carrier looks like a safe bet and I want one..

However I would also caution all the gentlemen on ATS to approach these women cautiously and politely.

I also always thought it was cool to see how seriously the Israelis take their defense and offense take a lesson from a group of people who have been disarmed and suffered the consequences in the most dire of ways..

I love the pics from a club where the whole group has rifles on slings and in skinny jeans lol

I'm also guessing the whole cleaning your shotgun cause your daughter has a date picking her up thing doesn't have to much impact there either...

edit on 12/17/2012 by geocom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

You might want to be more careful when you are making comparisons, unless you are actually advocating for stricter gun control laws.

Without coming right out and saying so, Israeli authorities have instituted a policy of making it as difficult as possible to request permission to possess a gun.

"There is no right to own firearms in Israel," Amit said, a 25-year veteran of the Israeli army. "It is a privilege we sometimes allow."

An official "policy of reduction," has been in place since 1999.

It is now almost impossible for any civilian to keep more than a single gun at home — a gun, not a rifle. The sale of assault weapons to civilians is prohibited.

In fact, the desire to collect firearms is on its own enough to raise a red flag for the licensing authorities.

This hardline attitude may surprise Americans who have visited Israel, and been unsettled by the sight of young people openly carrying submachine guns on city streets.

Trained soldiers, however, are carrying those submachine guns. And their weapons are not loaded.

In fact, it is illegal for any gun held at home to be loaded.

"We allow very little hunting," Amit said. "We have to leave nature for the next generations, no? We give out almost no permits."

Almost half of all petitioners are turned down. "People have to fulfill certain criteria for us to consider them."

Lanza, in Israel, would most likely have had to prove she lived or worked in a perilous area, or needed the gun to protect her agricultural fields from predators.

Had her request been deemed acceptable, she would then have been presented — by mail — with a series of disclosure forms, granting the licensing board full access to all her physical and mental health records, her criminal history and any intelligence gathered on her by any government agency.

If no troubling questions were raised, at that point she might have been invited in for a personal interview.

Licensing personnel is authorized to request that any petitioner go to any expert — eye doctors, psychologists, orthopedists — before considering the request.

Only then, would she have been sent to a training course for the weapon that has been recommended for her use. No, her underage son could not have accompanied her to a firing range.

If the training course was successfully completed, an initial permit may have been issued — or may have been denied, without cause.

"Our concept of the privilege of possessing a gun is very different from the American idea," Amit said.

Every three months, the licensing board updates its information flow regarding all license holders.

As a result, if a licensed gun owner has undergone eye surgery or has moved or has changed jobs — anything, in fact, that might be exposed through Interior Ministry records of medical forms, she can expect to be invited in for a conversation.

If a complaint of any sort is filed against a licensed gun holder — for example, if a licensed gun owner is in divorce proceedings with no violent history and is presented with an injunction to remain away from the family home — the gun license is automatically revoked until the resolution of all legal matters.

globalpost.c om

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join