It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot missiles in Turkey threaten "world war" - Iran army chief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANDERSON23
In the 2nd Gulf war a Tornado RAF plane was downed by patriot system.......

Which is exactly what the system is designed to do. Defend the airspace against INCOMING aircraft and missiles. Unfortunately it ranged in on the wrong aircraft that was ENTERING their airspace.

Your source
The Tornado GR4 - one of four based at RAF Marham in Norfolk - was on its final approach when a Patriot battery, designed to protect the airfield from missile attack, locked on to it.

Also, the confusion is called the Fog of War. Just as how both sides have been smearing the truth as to which side is killing civilians. The answer is both.

Now Imagine these missiles accidently cough cough firing on a Iranian or Russian Aircraft

Simple, Iranian or Russian aircraft shouldn't accidentally, or otherwise without permission be in Turkish airspace. If they did then your source obviously shows what could happen.

Cough Cough Weeez Gag......

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Saying a weapon is defensive is an oxymoron.

edit on 16-12-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Saying a weapon is defensive is an oxymoron.

Saying passivism is a defense is ridiculous.

What’s your point?

Peace through strength works…..being a pansy has never led to anything but oppression.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I remember the Accident well, I live about 18 miles from RAF Marham,

as for fog of war its more like dis-functional kit registered enemy IFF.......

These systems will be used to hit aircraft in Syria and Missiles an area of which Iran ad Russia or any other nation with support of Assad has every right to be there, be it commercial or military Iran and Turkey partake in Fighting kurds so Iran aside from Syria are the most likely to be struck by the patriots, Iran and Syria have a defence pact as well

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

These systems will be used to hit aircraft in Syria and Missiles an area of which Iran ad Russia or any other nation with support of Assad has every right to be there,

They have every right to be in Syria but not in Turkish Airspace. Also, either you're being dishonest or delusional to imply that the Patriot missile system will strike targets on the ground in Syria be they Russian, Chinese, Iranian or Syrian missiles.

The system simply doesn't work that way.
It's a SAM system. "Surface to Air Missile" not a Surface to Surface.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

They have every right to be in Syria but not in Turkish Airspace. Also, either you're being dishonest or delusional to imply that the Patriot missile system will strike targets on the ground in Syria be they Russian, Chinese, Iranian or Syrian missiles.

The system simply doesn't work that way.
It's a SAM system. "Surface to Air Missile" not a Surface to Surface.

Well, we all know that the GREAT SATAN (AMERICA) will find a way to strike those ground targets. US has probably misled the world about the Patriot’s capabilities. Regardless, US is so blood thirsty that it will find a way to kill the remaining innocent people around the globe….its what we do!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

thats why I said AIRCRAFT commercial or Military, and I was talking about Missiles in flight, I wonder if it will determine Opposition hardware to Assads

And Aircraft outside of Turks borders will be hit I Guarantee you that.......
edit on 17-12-2012 by ANDERSON23 because: Wanted to add some more to my reply

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

determine Opposition hardware to Assads

If opposition military aircraft and missiles are in Turkish space then they are fair game.

And Aircraft outside of Turks borders will be hit I Guarantee you that.......

Let's keep the discussion grounded in the here and now with not so much prophesy, predictions and fearmongering, You'll scare the less informed.

edit on 17-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Fair on your statement to the opposition aircraft (if any) being fair game in Turkish Airspace that is non debatable I was on about their missiles SSM's but under the guise of Syrian Aircraft bombing supposed helpless civi's note the Sarcasm the patriots may be used actively in imposing the No Fly Zone that is being spoke about by world governments with a personal agenda hense Aircraft being shot down in Syrian Airspace, there are many border populace centres on and near the border so they can't determine accurately aircraft who's purpose would be bombing in Syria and Ones that may over shoot the border, so Aircraft will be dropped in Syria and that is a here and now situation as this chess game will be coming to life in a dangerous pace and motive

top topics

<< 1   >>

join