It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot missiles in Turkey threaten "world war" - Iran army chief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Patriot missiles in Turkey threaten "world war" -Iran army chief

(Added bold emphasis)

Dec 15 (Reuters) -

The planned deployment of NATO Patriot missiles along Turkey's border with Syria could lead to a "world war" that would threaten Europe as well, Iran's military chief of staff was quoted as saying on Saturday.

Turkey asked NATO for the Patriot system, designed to intercept aircraft or missiles, in November to help bolster its border security after repeated episodes of gunfire from war-torn Syria spilling into Turkish territory. General Hassan Firouzabadi, the Iranian armed forces chief, said Iran wanted its neighbour Turkey to feel secure but called for NATO not to deploy the Patriots in its easternmost member state, which also borders Iran.

"Each one of these Patriots is a black mark on the world map, and is meant to cause a world war," Firouzabadi said, according to the Iranian Students' News Agency. "They are making plans for a world war, and this is very dangerous for the future of humanity and for the future of Europe itself."

What do you think, just more saber rattling or ruminations of possible true intent and outcome? There have been quite a few countries mobilizing here lately. With Syria and Iran being allies for all intents and purposes, would an attack on Syria force Iran to act in retaliation?

Personally, I wish all these governments would get over all the petty differences and just concentrate on our species existing for the greater good, sheesh, it seems like such a simple and obtainable prospect to me.
edit on 12/15/2012 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Iran: We are concerned about world peace with those horrible weapons.

Iran later in the day: Wipe those jew vermin off the face of the planet.

Yeeahhhh ok.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

S+F! I was just about to post this myself, however, you beat me to the punch!

I am not too surprised at this deployment as it was to be expected sooner rather than later. I am not sure if this will truly threaten a world war to start. Although you are right in stating numerous countries are getting involved in this, as CNN repors that along with the US and Germany, the Netherlands are beginning to look like they will add Patriot batteries to defend Turkey as well. (link below)

Personally, I am just saddened that the country I live in (US) is deciding to enter war with another country at a time when we are practically fighting everywhere around the globe. Although this was to be expected when the US announced there War on Terrorism back in the day. Terrorism can be taken to any part of the globe, evident in the numerous wars that have occurred over the past year and the labeling of Syria as terrorism recently. So possibly this could lead to a world war. However, there are so many bigger problems within all of our own countries to fight I wish, like you, that all of the countries could settle their petty differences in a better more humanistic way.

It is extremely sad to see that Syria's civil war has claimed over 40,000 lives and this number will only increase. Possibly with American and other countries lives in the near future. Although Turkey and NATO state will be only used for defense at this point in time, I believe this will change in the coming weeks and months.

www.cnn.com...

reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Haha, spot on. Concerned with their vision of world peace, but not true world peace.
edit on 12/15/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Iran constantly moans that they should be able to do whatever the hell they want inside Iran's own borders and outside opinion be damned. [which is true]

But when it comes to what Turkey is doing inside it's own borders now, now all of sudden, it's all hands on deck and World War is about to break out!

Whats the word I'm looking for here?

The Patriot missiles are a defensive system.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

i'll take the courtesy to finish off your sentence:

... aimed at Russia and Iran

I think Iran is speaking on behalf of Russia, hence why they mentioned Europe, NATO shouldnt undermine Putin.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

You do realize that's like stating.

A Kevlar vest aimed at a gunman.....

I think Iran is speaking on behalf of Russia, hence why they mentioned Europe, NATO shouldnt undermine Putin.

I think Russia and Putin are all growd-up and wear big boys pants and speak for themselves just like little Kimmy Jr over in North Korea doesn't speak for China.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They are all turdheads...
Im more and more inclined to say: To * with them all...
Its not like theres gonna be any change any time soon...

Bhaa, so fed up right now..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Iran constantly moans that they should be able to do whatever the hell they want inside Iran's own borders and outside opinion be damned. [which is true]

But when it comes to what Turkey is doing inside it's own borders now, now all of sudden, it's all hands on deck and World War is about to break out!

Iran are always moaning about stuff like this,when they arm Hizbollah,Assad,etc all the while...
Moaning minnies.

Disturbing avatar you are packing today Slayer,btw.
You set 'em up and I'll knock 'em back, Lloyd..

edit on 15/12/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This again.......

Patriot missiles are designed to detect, target and then hit an incoming missile.

How Patriot Missiles Work

edit on 15-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Aimed at Russia and Iran? Are Russia and Iran shooting missles over the Syrian border? because that is where they are aimed. Iran always with the threats.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
when they arm Hizbollah,Assad,etc all the while...

There is that too...

Disturbing avatar you are packing today Slayer,btw.
You set 'em up and I'll knock 'em back, Lloyd..

edit on 15-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

New Title.....

Patriot Gravy in Turkey threaten "world war" - Iran army chef

Seriously, the Iranians have no problem meddling in the affairs of others. Someone defends themselves, and they exaggerate the situation, like the 12th imam is on his way.....oh wait.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds

You're one truly ignorant person, aren't you?

Iran never said they want to wipe the Jews out. They want to remove the Zionists, and by extension the current Israeli regime.

Israel has bombed its way to dominance in the region. Iran hasn't started a conflict with another country in quite a few decades.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They are preparing for the fall of the Assad regime, and any potential acts of aggression from the fallen regime.

Seems prudent to me.

Iran's next....

Maybe.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe a world war has to involve most of the major powers in the world against each other!.

Iran, is on its own really because most of the Syrian government troops are already fighting against an opponent in their own country) Syria would be useless to Iran in a time of war.

Would Egypt help out Iran ( doubt it, but i guess its an unknown what their position would be if Syria or Iran was attacked by the West and Israel potentially.

Personally, i think Obama would rather not have a war against Iran because this war isn't good for either party.

Because if Obama sends warplanes to blow up stuff in Iran. This is America declaring war on two more nations in the middle east ( Syria and Lebanon) What happens than even limited actions against the west by Syria will compel Obama to order an attack against those enemy positions from where those attacks came from! This is why i believe Obama and Clinton are backing the Syrian opposition so much ( better to have an ally with the power in Syria than a foe)

I also think Obama and Clinton are well aware of the dangers of an Israel go it alone policy.

Israel go it alone policy can only work when the Syria Government falls. Attack now without out this ( the potential for Russia to get involved is there) But would Russia risk a nuclear war to save Assad ( who knows?) Personally i think an attack on Iran will not happen till Assad is gone or maybe by than Iran will have changed its ways?

I actually think the bigger risk to global security right know is what is happening in the south China. You've Japan and China ( second and third largest economies in the world) squabbling over Islands. Everyday boats from each side patrol the area disputed. Recently planes from both sides have begun to patrol the area. This a article not sure how reliable the source is, but it kind of highlights the dangers the world faces.

www.pakistantoday.com.pk...

BEIJING - China is prepared to send its fighter planes to the disputed area off the Japanese coast if Tokyo again scrambles its jets and challenges Chinese surveillance activities, Chinese media reported on Saturday.
"China needs to warn against Japan's attempt to intercept, or it will result in a response from China, such as sending the air force to the area and reserving the right to take further actions," the state-controlled paper said.
The article was in response to Japan's despatching eight F-15 fighter jets soon after a surveillance plane owned by China's Ocean administration flew over the Japan-controlled Diaoyu islands in East China Sea, islands that are also being claimed by China and are known as Senkaku in the country.
"It is necessary to speed up this action and make the patrol a regular move," said the article, which may have been vetted by senior Communist Party officials.

Can you imagine a war between Japan and China ( this has a risk of bringing in the United States) and the global economy taking a nose dive with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
More saber rattling by the idiots in Iran, nothing more, nothing less. Patriot missiles leading to world war? WTF? The world isnt going to war over Syria OR Iran. Despite what the leaders of those countries think, they arent worth the world fighting over them. Sorry. Just not that important.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Iran will finally be happy when everyone on the planet has no weapons except Iran.

Until that time, expect them to complain when a neighboring country opts to defend itself.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Iran is the 12th most powerful military in the world. It produces domestic missiles and has an imported stock of missiles from N. Korea, Russia, Syria, Pakistan (etc etc).

Iranian Shabab-3 missiles can hit as far as Greece. So, Iran can cause a major war if they wish. (Syrian, Iraqi and Iranian ground forces hitting Turkey, Syrian and Iranian missiles slamming into Israel and Eastern Europe)

NATO and the E.U. itself would be drawn into war-mode if a member-state was attacked.

It's unlikely to happen, but Iran can cause a war if they wish.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds

You're one truly ignorant person, aren't you?

Iran never said they want to wipe the Jews out. They want to remove the Zionists, and by extension the current Israeli regime.

Israel has bombed its way to dominance in the region. Iran hasn't started a conflict with another country in quite a few decades.

Ignorance = you.

People who live in countries with tyrannical leaders have the luxury of distancing themselves from the actions of said gov. Israel is a democratic state where the people vote the leaders into power. If you hate their gov then you also hate the people who put them into power in the first place. Nice try though.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

In the 2nd Gulf war a Tornado RAF plane was downed by patriot system.......

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now Imagine these missiles accidently cough cough firing on a Iranian or Russian Aircraft we know they will be dropping Syrian planes not long after they take of, you back a animal into a corner and leave it know way to escape then you ask for trouble......

notice how all the other revolts had a span of half the time we have seen with Syria ?

this is going one way may take days weeks months maybe years but it will happen Iran Russia even China know its a matter of time now the more water you pour in a glass the more likely the water will spill

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join