It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Recommend Other Alternative News Sites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
cryptome.org...

My first steps into the rabbit's hole.....100% quackerry free

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

Wow. Some great links and info here. Thanks a lot.

Bump.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I only really have one alternate news site that I use and it is very reliable. many on here don't like the owners of the site but there is no denying how good it is. it is by far the best at not taking sides on the articles that are posted. now some of the commentary by owners may be slanted but is easy to overlook if you want. it is the meat of the site that is the best on the web, bar none.
now everytime I name this site it gets taken down on here. the owners of this site and the owners of that site has had legal battles, but if they follow their own t&c on here then there is no way it should be removed. the legal battles between the two do not take away from either site, as a matter of fact, the only reason I found out about ats is because I am a frequent visitor there.
the name of the site is signs of the times. or sott for short. the owners of the site have beliefs many don't agree with but they have not been proven wrong. they actually won their court battles against the owners of ats. but that is neither here nor there, but should show their credibility. I don't agree with all their beliefs either but cant deny how good their site is.
the personal differences between ats owners and sott owners should never enter into these two sites, but has. to me that is not denying ignorance. it is furthering it along. and the fact I get blasted or taken down everytime I mention them has been the reason I mainly only lurk anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks for this post. I was just about to make the same one until I found this.

A lot of sites I've never heard of.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

eManym, I would never call the 21st century PBS an independent news site anymore. Recent truly independent sources call PBS the "Petroleum Broadcasting System," due to the funding PBS receives from energy companies. This funding change is all due to the Bush-era cuts to PBS funding. Thus, for any PBS story, I strongly encourage verification with a more trusted and truly independent source.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

Here's an amazing and new (May 2013) independent news website, based in Oakland, California, with their latest investigative report. Their name is the Center for Investigative Reporting (CIR):

cironline.org...

Their "About Us" tab describes these reporters' recent projects. Their accomplishments thus far are very impressive, and have resulted in several state-wide investigations, some Congressional investigations, and several new badly needed laws.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Atlas shrugs, France 24, climate depot, rantburg, discovery news, (for the gun nuts, rantburg gives a weekly rundown of ammo and gun prices), news with views, cannot think of anymore at the moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

I haven't read the entire thread, just responding to your OP, I go to Drudge Report or yahoo news.

If its newsworthy, Drudge posts headlines from around the world from a variety of sources [without commentary, just headlines.]

Yahoo news gives me a local link for weather/local stuff as well as almost solely MSM sources.

I don't have a TV or cable, so entertainment and news comes from the internet solely.

Then ATS.....can't count the number of times that ATSers have posted something thats affecting them on a local level BEFORE it hits MSM.

We also have an excellant number of experts on quakes and since I live in the PNW, I check here first for that kind of info. If anything is happening in that dept., they are the first to post and tell whether its worrisome or not.

Netflix for movies and viooz for new releases in theaters.

ahhh....life without the cable bill ;] , but if the net goes down... :[
edit on 7-10-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Keep in mind that there are also independent investigative reporters, such as the one and only Seymour M. Hersh, whose forthcoming book that will be published by Summit (a self-publishing company) is about national security. Among other topics in that book, Hersh says he will prove that the most publicized government reports about the US attack on Osama bin Laden (from the US and Pakistan) are not based on the truth. Here's his interview from The Guardian from September 27, 2013:

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 10/7/2013 by Uphill because: Added text.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

FortAnthem

This site

What does it mean

has some WAY over the top news stories that you won't find at other news sources.

There's a good reason for that too; its all bunk made up by a writer by the name of Sorcha Faal. Its good if you like fiction but a waste of time otherwise.

If you find any story that sounds too over the top, follow it to its original source and if its this one, you know its BS.

need to add Debka Files and Before its News to the Sorcha linked 'news' [cough, cough]

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

On Monday February 10, 2014, Glenn Greenwald's news website went live:

firstlook.org...

The umbrella news website operated by Glenn's financial supporter, Pierre Omidyar, also is now going live:

www.firstlook.org...#/home

In addition, keep in mind the fully independent internet radio stations, the most popular of which is PRN.FM.COM ... one of their shows, for example, is the Gary Null show, broadcast online Monday thru Friday at 12 noon US Eastern Time. After links became largely unavailable online recently for the German media interview with Edward Snowden, Gary reposted it. Here's that link:

prn.fm...

edit on 2/12/2014 by Uphill because: Added a link.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Thank you for the terrific sources.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkATi

New (at least to me) independent news sources online, as of 2014:

ivn.us...

Are you an independent news entrepreneur? Here's what you need to know to keep improving your indynews site:

gijn.org...

The next link is an umbrella site for local American indymedia sources. They also have a broadcast outlet on the hilariously named Red Pill Radio:

americandailyindependent.com...

Next is a news analysis of Fox News by Pew Research, with revealing demographic indicators for many leading news sources. ...and that is why those of us who follow this ATS thread wear out our fingers finding real indynews:

www.pewresearch.org...

Here is an independent soccer news source. Don't ask me if it's reliable, I can barely remember what an "offsides" foul is:

fifasoccerblog.com...

Independent online film magazine:

filmmakermagazine.com...

Investigative headline news, it says:

www.occupycorporatism.com...

Can it be true that Stars And Stripes is an indynews report on the US military?:

www.stripes.com...

Indymedia report on Syria:

www.syriadeeply.org...

Indy Catholic news:

www.indcatholicnews.com...

Indynews source for the online education community:

www.wiredacademic.com...

So, even in 2014, it's still just like Trinity told Neo: "The truth is out there, Neo..."

edit on 7/24/2014 by Uphill because: Correction.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

S&
&bump.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Star and flag, thanks for the post. Looks like I have lots of fun exploring to do. This tech challenged, so I copied and will paste a link to a list of alternative newsites.

www.vaughns-1-pagers.com...

Also at the risk of shouted down, I must say that I really like Abby Martin"s "Breaking the Set" on RT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join