It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is a smile worth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hola!
I was driving in my car the other day and as usual the stereo volume was on "bulging the roof, cracking the windows and opening the trunk" high.

One of the songs i lisstened to was a swedish one, named, "have you heard of a girl"
Its about a girl who gets bullied and kills her self.

I played it over and over again, getting more and more angry and sad about how some people treat eachother.

Started to think about all the sad and lonely people that are out there.
People who everyday have thoughts about jumping off the carnival ride towards lifes wonderful unsertanty.

It could be the silent guy in the far back corner of the classroom,
It could be the smiling woman at the grociery store.
It could be just about anyone.
It could be the one who has 3000 Facebook friends, but no real life ones.
It could be the one with only 2 Facebook friends, who in the search for internet popularity fails to see the real life friends that are actually around.

We think about bullying as a schoolyard thing, but the fact of the matter is that we adults often are the ones bullying the most.
At the coffeyroom at work, at the party, everywhere bullying shows its ugly face.

How are our kids supposed to learn when we as adult havent learned ourselves yet.

It could be enough to tell someone that he or she has a nice haircut,
Or laughing at someones joke.

It could be enough to buy someone a cup of coffey and ask that someone how he or she is really doing.

We live in a world were some people wont even dare raising the hand and say hello to someone they meet on the street out of feer that they wont be recognised and as a result will be standing with the arm raised and no one waves back at them.

A smile and a hello is something we all can afford to give.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I live in a tourist town. We can pick out the out of towners because they won't smile back when you greet them on the streets.

It's nice when people smile back, look you in the eyes and say hello. Makes you feel like your not invisible.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thank you for this post, a smile is worth more than most things on this earth...

SS

edit on 113131p://am3108 by Spike Spiegle because: can't spell

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Everyone just give a little smile

Great thread by the way

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a smile.. and laugh the two most valuable things in life... sadly most today forget that.. good thread.. s&f

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Love this thread. I play my music crack-glass loud, so I started laughing at the very start. We do not know the influence we have on others. A smile can go a very long way. I would like to suggest we thank or mention it to those who make our days a bit brighter, so they know how much it means.

All these sudden horrific deaths makes me want to tell everyone I love how much, and those who wait on me, check me out, fix things for me, etc, how much I appreciate what they do, because I may not get another chance. Let's all be vocally grateful and lovingly kind, it helps to disperse the darkness.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Hey SS, here is a big smile for you!

Swaaaa!

new topics

top topics

join