It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Mr. President, Declare Martial Law Nation Wide...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
20 young children were killed with bullets that break apart when they enter the body, tearing apart tissue and bones. That's why they all died. You are surprised that people are outraged? Gun control? There is no such thing. There are next to no rules about getting a gun.

Every time there is another slaughter of innocents, the first people to post are people who own guns who are outraged that people dare question people's rights to own guns. You know, I agree we should have the right to own a weapon. I think the standards and requirements are currently antiquated and pointless however.

I understand your desire to not have our "evil government" take over our nation because we've all been disarmed - which I think is a laughable and stupid premise, but each to their own. But something needs to be done. You are saying it's terrible to have metal detectors or other methods to detect weapons.. AND it's terrible to curtail weapons. In other words.. you want the wild west. No restrictions, everyone gets weapons to "protect" us from our government, with little restrictions to prevent us from killing each other.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
It isn't a gun problem... it is a GOD problem. I'm not saying that everyone should be religious zealots, and that America should force God on everyone, BUT with God comes morality, for the vast majority of people anyway. When America gave in to the 2% of the population that doesn't believe in God, it started a downward spiral that has kicked God out of society in the interest of political correctness. Evil manifests in the absence of God, and God has been absent from our society for far too long. Secular humanism has destroyed our morals, and this shooting is just one of many examples of that. Things are only going to get worse from here.

wow! ty im glad to see ppl that really understand what is really going on. its Sodom and Gomorrah all over again.
edit on 12/17/2012 by o0pinMind0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I think you have missed the point of the thread. Which is OK, as others did too. My point is both pro and anti-gun folks going off the deep end, and turning to big brother to do something. The very same big brother who has committed atrocities against other nations and peoples, as well as against it's own citizens many times.

Both sides screaming for changes in laws in many cases, wanting to go on witch hunts. As if our "leaders" have a magic wand to make all the bad monsters go away. Folks, wake up!!! As George Carlin said so eloquently: "They don't give a @#$% about you! At all!"

We should be looking to ourselves. Each one of us. Stop making decisions based in FEAR. That's what we have become. A nation that's afraid. Of everything. Reacting instead of acting. Knee-jerking instead of planning with foresight.

Oh nevermind. I'm just ranting now.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I'm willing to put money on the fact that you're a Republican.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bushmastersix

You would lose, my friend. I despise the two party system, and everything it stands for. It is nothing more than a perverted dialectical system meant to present the illusion of choice to the masses.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of a school shooter, a movie shooter, or Islamo-Terrorists. That's it. I am not afraid of anything except perhaps Alzheimer's, colon cancer, and inflation eating-away my savings so I have to live in a car when I'm old. So, my own personal part of the "We" that you claim are clamoring for governmental takeover to protect "Us" from what we fear is non existent.

But here's the thing: no one has to actually be afraid for their plan to work. All that has to happen is that they get CNN and the NYT to tell us we are afraid and that provides their excuse. After all, how do you know what anyone else is feeling, wants, or will tolerate? You don't. What you DO have is the TV telling you what to think and feel, telling you what to believe about what others think and feel, and every other damn thing about the world that you don't know first-hand.

How do we protect ourselves from "them"? First thing - turn off the god damn TV!

That's almost the entirety of it. Take back your mind.

Second thing (and this is the impossible task) get your neighbors, co-workers, family, the weird dude on the bus, to turn off their TV too, otherwise it won't work.

I have always denied the premise of most criticism about Americans by denying the existence of a meaningful "we". There are damn few ways in which we are a meaningful "we" because I do not think, feel, or behave like "you". And I suspect you do not think and feel like I do.

But I still have a problem. Because you (the generic "you") DO in fact watch TV, because you do in fact think, feel, and believe what they tell you on TV, the things they do to you get done to me too because you will tolerate, and even, as is always said, insist upon the intrusions and violence that government is willing and eager to commit.

So our true enemy is our neighbor, the one who believes what he is told and is willing to act on it. He also believes that he should turn you in for behaving "weird" or differently from the herd. And he will do it, too. He will turn-you-in to the Man and feel good about himself for doing it.

"We" are truly screwed when it comes time to make a decision, to act to save ourselves, because most of "us" will go along, and, from that same fear, will willingly and eagerly take you down with them.

They will take the "flu" shot, report to the detention/"safety" center, turn in their guns, report on their neighbors, and submit to the "security" forces in whatever nonsense they trot out.

It's a done deal. All they have to do now is to (pardon the pun) pull the trigger, summon the bigass UFO's from the sky, project the 3D holographic Jesus in the clouds, or whatever the heck it is they plan to do, and we will all fall down, right on cue.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

A good post.

There's a lot there to reply to, but instead, I'm going to keep it brief. The OP was an extreme. A blown out of proportion example of what happens when people let their fear and/or anger(still fear) get the best of them, and make their decisions for them. Exactly what those who administrate this system like to see. So they can rush in, and save the day. By consensus.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
It isn't a gun problem... it is a GOD problem. I'm not saying that everyone should be religious zealots, and that America should force God on everyone, BUT with God comes morality, for the vast majority of people anyway. When America gave in to the 2% of the population that doesn't believe in God, it started a downward spiral that has kicked God out of society in the interest of political correctness. Evil manifests in the absence of God, and God has been absent from our society for far too long. Secular humanism has destroyed our morals, and this shooting is just one of many examples of that. Things are only going to get worse from here.

I guess you missed the video of the 'moral' god lovers who bashed a Islamic festival creating a riot basically. Right... god solves all problems...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Lol.. but we don't have a baretta with our cereal.
Also.. I don't think we make fun of you for tea. Chinese people drink thrice as much tea as the brits.

The thing is, in reality, if you visit America as a tourist, you likely won't see a gun unless you go in a gun store or a shooting range or talk to a cop. I see someone open carrying maybe 3 times a year and I live in a state with some of the most lax gun laws in the nation. No doubt a lot of people are concealed carrying, but you will never know.

Banning guns was a dumb idea before it was too late. Guns really aren't the problem.

Also this thread serves no purpose and the OP made a title that made people want to flame him just to get people in here to read things a few fanatics have said.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Also this thread serves no purpose and the OP made a title that made people want to flame him just to get people in here to read things a few fanatics have said.

Just because the point of this thread went over your head, and beyond your ability to be objective in your summation, doesn't mean the thread was pointless. It just means you personally don't get it. Which is fine. I didn't expect that everyone would. But I did expect better from you. My mistake.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle

Originally posted by SilentE
I can't believe some of the posts i'm reading!

Who the f# do you think you are?
I'm from the England and I accept any advice or opinion from any country.
Why so much aggression towards us Brits?

It's all good when America gets all up in the worlds business but god forbid someone from the UK says anything about their f'in guns.

It's been a sad couple days ATS and some of you ignorant pompous yanks should be ashamed of yourselves!

Well said......

So Martial Law and a Police State is what will happen when you give up your Guns..... Its funny ... I'm a Brit, we have very strict gun regulations and yet we are a million times more freer than any American will ever be.... We don't live in a Police State and there isn't any Martial Law in place... Your argument is poor.

FYI. The Brits Didn't Decimate America.... It's time to start looking at at yourselves if you are a Colonist and if your a Native American it's time to look at the Colonists.

edit on 16-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

The colonists were Brits...at one point. Served the king, then revolted, then called themselves Americans and ransacked our land. So FYI, yes, it was the Brits...but it was the brits of an earlier era. I don't blame or hate any Brits, just used it for emphasis.

I would also like to clarify, that it would be governments and militias that I would blame, not normal citizens.
I have no quarrel with any country or their citizens. I am sorry for making it sound that way. I simply can't stand the governments of, well, any country honestly...
edit on 18-12-2012 by Gltichy because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by beezzer

I comprehende Beez. Who woulda thunk it?

Look, I'll give you props for speaking your mind. Gotta respect that freedom.

Just hope you'll respect my freedom to disagree.

You know Beez, the more I have thought about it, the more I'm actually a little puzzled. And now I'm really curious. I know you didn't take the title of this thread seriously. Especially if you read the OP. I thought I originally understood your chagrin, but I don't think so now. So just what exactly did you disagree with?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join