It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparkles at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Whenever I look up at the moon or some stars I see tiny white flashes (sparkles). I thought the cones in my eyes were producing these sparkles until I watched this video. If you go to 1:27 you will see these sparkles around a missile flying through the night sky. What are these sparkles?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
you will see these sparkles around a missile flying through the night sky. What are these sparkles?

First stage booster rockets.
This has been discussed before.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Awesome video.

I see those similar sparkles during meditation.

That may be a rocket but what are those tiny flashing lights?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

you will see these sparkles around a missile flying through the night sky. What are these sparkles?

First stage booster rockets.
This has been discussed before.

Those sparkles are rocket boosters? That's a lot of boosters, wouldn't ya think?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Those sparkles are rocket boosters? That's a lot of boosters, wouldn't ya think?

There's only 4 of them.

The video you have is an selected extract of the Progress M-03M video, October 14, 2009, to the ISS.

Basically, you've been lied to by some idiot who took the video from a perfectly normal launch and put some text on it saying "OMG UFOs!1!!!!!".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Basically, you've been lied to by some idiot who took the video from a perfectly normal launch and put some text on it saying "OMG UFOs!1!!!!!".

What in thee hell are you talking about? I'm not asking about UFO'S, rockets, or idiots. I want to know what these little flecks of light are.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What in thee hell are you talking about? I'm not asking about UFO'S, rockets, or idiots. I want to know what these little flecks of light are.

Ha ha ha....made me chuckle this did!.....
Do i detect a hint of frustration?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Ha ha ha....made me chuckle this did!.....
Do i detect a hint of frustration?

LOL I've been ruined by the flu for a whole week and I'm out of patience with people that failed reading comprehension.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Like I said, the boosters falling off.
There's even a wikipedia entry for this...
Korolev cross

See the same thing on another soyuz launch, 2:45 onward...

See another Soyuz launch, watch from 3:10 onward...

edit on 15-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Like I said, the boosters falling off.
There's even a wikipedia entry for this...
Korolev cross

The boosters in the clip I posted fell off long before the sparkles appear. What I want to know is, what are the sparkles I see when I look up at the moon and a few stars. Added for unnecessary clarification: The sparkles I see in the clip I posted are an example of the sparkles I see when I look up at the moon.
edit on 12/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

awww well hope you are feeling better soon....if it's any consolation my patience gets a severe beating even without the flu!
As for your original question in your OP.....I am starting to think you may not get any answers this evening LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

What I want to know is, what are the sparkles I see when I look up at the moon and a few stars.

Well, in that case I have no idea.

In your original post you said...

...this video. If you go to 1:27 you will see these sparkles around a missile flying through the night sky. What are these sparkles?

So I thought you wanted to know about what was seen in the video, and I answered that.

Then you said...

I want to know what these little flecks of light are.

(and posted some screen caps from the video.)
So I thought you wanted to know about what was seen in the video, and I answered that.

edit on 16-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

...this video. If you go to 1:27 you will see these sparkles around a missile flying through the night sky. What are these sparkles?

Then you said...

I want to know what these little flecks of light are.

(and posted some screen caps from the video.)

I see. So, those flecks of light that fly ahead and buzz around the missile in the clip are the rocket boosters. Okay.

top topics

join