It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprising Encounter Of Peculiar Nature

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I thought I would rather discuss this peculiar contact that occurred for me not so long ago.

I am not one for physical contact but this had me intrigued.

ET description ~
Best to what I could see in the dark

Body Structure:
Height ~ 1.5m to 2m
Build ~ Partially muscular but very slim
Skin Pigment ~ Roughly white/grey (The room was not well lit however, the street lamp post provided some light)

Facial Structure:
Eyes ~ Semi round/oval no sign of pupils
Nose ~ None existent, the being seemed to be able to breath from another external source.
Mouth ~ No signs of lips or mouth so must be telepathic to my best understanding.

From this description it would be a typical Gray which it did look a lot like it. However, the being was a bit more complex then a typical description of Gray's given in other accounts. Thus unfortunately I can not fully confirm if it was of the Gray nature or a different sub-family/category of their race.

The experience ~
Brief but... very interesting

I awoke to a feeling of being unable to move and feeling as if floating off my bed, there was a sound present within the surrounding are of almost a static humming nature.

Kinda felt like saying ~ Beam me up Scotty !!

The time on the clock in front of me was reading 1:11 am. During the floating I started trying to break free it was a big struggle my wrist came free and then the rest of my body (I can not explain how I managed it,but somehow I did)

After initially breaking free I dropped on my mattress wondering as to what was happening. However, as I came around I saw the being I described above now here is where the contact became surprisingly interesting. I felt so much fear and I mean literally as if fearing for my life.

Yet ! What made me question it is that it was not my fear, due to several years of experiencing paranormal from a young age I became adapted to it. So, I began to feel out this being and it confirmed that it was it that was projecting the fear.

Which made me wonder as to ~ Why would an advanced being project fear ? Making/Confusing/Tricking the contact/experience into thinking that it is the contact that is producing the feeling of fear. This is where my curiosity took over and I thought it must be telepathic, which is where as we all know humanity has the biggest question.

Why ? However, my question was more direct as to ~ Why are you projecting fear into making me think it is my fear ? and What is the purpose of all this ?

I guess it was not such a good idea letting it know that I was catching on and was aware of what it was doing. Now this is where the Surprising Encounter Of The Peculiar Nature went around and sort of curve stomped me in the head. The being started projecting even more fear and I mean it was literally what felt like pissed off in full sense of the word.

The next thing I know is a huge bang like a gun sound goes off, I felt static and ringing in my ears then blacked out. I woke up and the clock read 1:15 am I was feeling perfectly fine the whole room felt odd, it felt quiet too quiet as the saying goes. I then went to sleep and when I finally woke up I decided to check for markings, as I later found out most ET contacts of such nature leave radiation burns, scoop marks, scars and implants. Better safe then sorry as they say

I did notice 1 thing though a sort of glow around my body when I was looking in the mirror focusing. However, that might just be the sunlight shining through the window. Anyway..... this was a very interesting/peculiar contact that left me questioning things.

So I want to ask of you ATS members to share with me some of your ideas.

1. Why would a being project fear to trick a person into being afraid ?

2. What was it that it used on me ?

3. Why would it become so easily aggravated over me figuring out what it's doing ?

You do not have to take my experience as 100% real or honest as I know many of you would say
"Video/Pictures or it didn't happen" and demand proof to make my experience legitimate. However, this spiked my curiosity, I would like to simply get an honest opinion from those of you who would be willing enough to share.

Thank you for reading and I hope to read some of your interesting opinions.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
1:11?

Cool story bro.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

sounds to me like it could have been a dream....although it could be you got tagged for some kinda research.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It would project fear because fear is all it has to keep a physically stronger and more aggressive being like a human from beating it to death.

With that said your encounter does sound more like a case of sleep paralysis. The buzzing noise, and a generic abduction scenario give it away in my opinion.

If it was an abduction attempt you should have let anger take over. If there was a human in your house trying to abduct you, that person would probably be dead or hospitalized now, why should an alien be any different?

Let your anger guide you young Skywalker.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It could be they were projecting fear to protect themselves, considering you said they look quite fragile. Maybe it knowing that you knew the fear was being sent telepathically, maybe it feared you could break the connection and become aggressive, so in return it heightened the fear it was projecting.

Having said that, I don't know why they would be projecting fear if they're benevolent. I would think if they were, they would use other means of protecting themselves. Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Do this as quickly as possible :

* Set up cameras in your house
one in bedroom and one outside pointing up at skies.
save all the DATA on disks, even the DATA where you think nothing is happening

* Get a voice recorder, and set it to record every night you go to bed, and listen to it on your computer next day (Repeat)

* get sensor alarms in your house ( turn them on when you go to bed )

Have this system running for the next year and report back to ATS with your findings
It even gives you a sense of protection having this installed, and perhaps it will keep the entities at bay
time will tell

good luck

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your experience, highly detailed and you brought up something that I haven't considered. The idea that it was projecting fear is very interesting to me, and it explains several experiences people I highly respect have had in the past regarding this close-quarters phenomena.

Would you say it's skin was smooth, or rough similar to an avocado?
It seems, like how you put it so well in your OP, that these beings can vary in appearance - but never by much. Almost variations you would expect from any other specific species. (Height, skin color, eye shape, body type.. Mouths..:lol

Interesting that this occurred at 1:11... This is a really significant time for many of us. This sign is used to indicate that your thoughts are related to the start of a new cycle in your life. It's a master number, 11. Maybe when we notice 11 1:11 11:11, etc. - we feel a sense of deja vu attached because the two go hand in hand? I suppose it would seem that way when floating from your bed in the middle of the night, faced with some entity projecting fear at you, after all.

---

Once again thanks for sharing. There are many on ATS who doubt this as an actual phenomena, and they can be discouraging to those who otherwise would have wanted to share their experience (they end up using different outlets) --- But ATS is also useful for remaining objective.

I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time several months ago. I would have been far more disturbed by it, had I not been a member of ATS and have read up on it as a natural occurrence keeping one from acting out their dreams.
But seriously, one of the most powerless moments in my life. About 60 seconds of horror.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Would you say it's skin was smooth, or rough similar to an avocado?

By the way the tiny amount of light that was reflecting off it's skin I would say very very smooth kind of silk look. The skin was quiet interesting by itself no imperfections none that I could spot almost as if perfect. I hope that helps to narrow it down, I do suspect missing chunks of memory so who know what could have happened when it knocked me out

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Interesting stuff.

Considering your reaction, it sounds like this isn't the first time something like this has happened to you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I have heard that some aliens "feed" off of strong emotions. Perhaps his fear was meant to set off your fear.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Do this as quickly as possible :

* Set up cameras in your house
one in bedroom and one outside pointing up at skies.
save all the DATA on disks, even the DATA where you think nothing is happening

* Get a voice recorder, and set it to record every night you go to bed, and listen to it on your computer next day (Repeat)

* get sensor alarms in your house ( turn them on when you go to bed )

Have this system running for the next year and report back to ATS with your findings
It even gives you a sense of protection having this installed, and perhaps it will keep the entities at bay
time will tell

good luck

I see you ignored my post, let me break it down for you
There are many claims like yours, therefor..
If this really happened it makes me wonder why you not done anything to prove it to others with documentation..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had a similar incident happen many years ago. One that, to this day has me perplexed.

I had gone out earlier in the evening and returned home around eleven. I went to bed and tossed and turned for some time. Around 1:15 I looked at my clock, concerned I wasn't going to get much sleep that night and then things got strange.

I was looking toward the foot of my bed while laying on my back and the wall in front of me was all glass. The night was a moonless night with no streetlights present so it was very dark. Between my bed and the glass wall was a small table with my computer on it and a medium sized cabinet. I could make out the shapes of these two items but not the detail, being so dark and all. I could also make out a third shape, which should not have been there.

I wasn't afraid but I was curious and I sat up in bed and reached out my hand toward the shape which looked to be the shape of a head. I touched it, it was smooth and a bit clamy. I gently pulled my hand back and laid it out palm up in front of this being. It then laid it's left hand in mine and I closed my fingers around it. It too was smooth and cool to the touch and a bit clamy. It had an opposible thumb and two fingers that rapped around my hand.

I immediatly got flashes of images that ran through my mind. The first was looking down onto my cabinet from an elivated position. The second was looking down at my dog who slept in the yard outside my window. I remember thinking to myself that I needed to take my dog with me so I bent down to pick her up and stood back up and found that I was holding an incredible small little girl matured to the age of three or four but the size of a new born infant.

I saw a scene where I was laying on a table and what I thought was a gray comming toward me but instead of a smooth scull it had nots all over it and round black eyes.

I was having a conversation with one of them and was trying to explain to them that they didn't have enough room for all the people they were going to pick up in the comming devistation they had relayed to me earlier. I offered my services as a carpenter to remodle their space to fit more people. They assured me it was fine.

The next thing I know I'm sitting right where I thought I started from, in my bed, however I was now alone and thinking this had all happened within a few moments I turned to look at my clock and it was now 4:20 am. Three hours had passed in the blink of an eye.

I didn't have to look for any marks, a I felt it. I had a red burn mark on my right butt cheek that hurt for three days. This took place in the early ninities

edit on 15-12-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sounds like you were experiencing perfectly normal Sleep paralysis / lucid dreaming.

The presence of another being ,intense fear as well as the very large bang sound are texbook symptoms experienced by milllions of people. The thing is Sleep paralysis / lucid dreaming doesnt always feel ike you are asleep so im sure you will be quick to say you were not dreaming. But from an outsiders observation you have described a textbook perfect description of the condition. Most people who found the whole experience very real will search for exuses as to why its not Sleep paralysis / lucid dreaming because it meant so much to them when it happened.

many people who get this repeatedly have been tested over the years in laboratory conditions and its always been proven to be this condition and not some kind of alien / demonic visitation.

This is not a new condition. Sleep paralysis has existed in folklore from many different cultures for centuries - perhaps millennia.

Sleep Paralysis and Lucid DreamsIn Japan, they call it "kanashibar". In Newfoundland, it's known as "the old hag" who visits you in the night. In China, they know it as "ghost oppression". Even artists have depicted this ghoulish night-time disorder: see The Nightmare by John Henry Fuseli.

It's no surprise that native folklore shapes the nature of sleep paralysis hallucinations. In America, it was only after flying saucers were popularized that people reported vivid alien abduction experiences, where aliens paralyzed and probed them in their bed at night.

In Mexico, more than 90% of teenagers know the phrase "a dead body climbed on top of me" to describe the nightmare entity. And in African culture, it's known as "the devil riding your back" where demons have sex with people in their sleep.

This all tells us that sleep paralysis is a common human condition, and the hallucinations can be shaped and molded based on your expectations.

edit on 15-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

If It's Just a Dream - Why So Real?

If sleep paralysis is just a dream, then why does it feel so real?

Some of the effects ARE real. This state is a very clever merger of waking consciousness with the dream world. It's a bizarre mind trick.

For instance, footsteps thumping towards the bed are often a distortion of the sound of your own heartbeat, pounding in your chest due to all the adrenaline. Hearing your assailant breathing unnaturally is common too - thought to be the sound of your own gasps for breath in this panicked state.

The feeling of your body being paralyzed is real, too. Releasing yourself from the grip of the paralysis is one way to end this terrifying situation (see below).

However, the perceived difficulty to breathe properly is what causes many people to imagine an entity trying to harm them (by stopping them breathing or crushing their chest). It's important to remember here that the effect is psychosomatic.

Thankfully, the evil entities are not real. But for chronic sufferers, this is not always easy to accept. People write to me describing their episodes, believing they have genuinely encountered beings from another realm. Even after learning about the true nature of sleep paralysis and the gateway to lucid dreams, some people remain convinced that this state is really a gateway to hellish dimensions.

edit on 15-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

I have heard that some aliens "feed" off of strong emotions. Perhaps his fear was meant to set off your fear.

I concur with this, although I cannot adequately define "alien." I personally believe some of these 'aliens' are just some kind of spiritual misfits.

In all my dealings with these strange states (aka sleep paralysis, hypnagogia etc...I'm not going to share my entire dissertation on the subject) fear seems to be the key. Fear is the only way these misfit beings can maintain a link with you, the sleeper. Are they feeding off of this fear? Maybe. But, confidence and love is your best weapon against such episodes.

I have had a few episodes where the beings have "tried harder" to instill fear within me. Fear is the only thing they have over us.

The fearless human is really like a demi-god. We can accomplish so much as individuals and as stewards of this planet if fear were removed from the equation.

And these misfit alien whatever-they-are beings seem to like scaring us. I don't know the why and wherefore, I'm afraid. But, I can substantiate the OP's claims to some degree. Whatever is going on--fear is "their" weapon of choice.
edit on 15-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What you describe is typical Sleep Paralysis.
You can read my own experience with sleep paralysis HERE among feedback from others.
You can also ATS search "sleep paralysis" and find a number of accounts describing seeing 'beings', or feeling a presence.
The buzzing, paralysis, and fear are very common elements to sleep paralysis.

Additionally, there's this interesting paper you may want to read:
Transcultural Psychiatry - Sleep Paralysis, Sexual Abuse, and Space Alien Abduction

You can, of course, ignore the body of material that's examined this phenomenon in favor of a more magical explanation, but, to each their own.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OP, just go with the snap diagnosis above. It's clearly the only valid answer given from someone who knows absolutely nothing about you or your medical history.

Either way--interesting read, thanks for sharing, OP.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

He's in Australia, and sleeping now, or what amounts to sleep. Usually journeying forth time for him. As he is very psi.

There was more to this, but I'm glad he posted it but don't know if he'll share. These ones are the dark side, they see us as specimens. And quite typically, you do something to leave their pen, they visit and put you back in,or try to, its all irrelevant what they do if you push aside the fear and choose higher frequencies.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I will say this, don't want to go where he doesnt want to go, and its up to him. But he already knows much about lucid dreaming, and astral, and would know the difference between this and a typical night of "sleep" for him.

I think what was most interesting part about this encounter for him was that he was able to realize this fear was not his own, and was being projected in by them. That was a huge puzzle piece and probably why he wrote this thread to get some insight into how others see this, and trust me, pretty sure he knows all about how some will see it as just sleep paralysis, he means beyond that, and whether we have to accept fearful things at this point.

Maybe we should zen out, become conscious in the moment and not accept every thought feeling in our head, and instead test them, and choose what we focus on and feel.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

What you describe is typical Sleep Paralysis.
You can read my own experience with sleep paralysis HERE among feedback from others.
You can also ATS search "sleep paralysis" and find a number of accounts describing seeing 'beings', or feeling a presence.
The buzzing, paralysis, and fear are very common elements to sleep paralysis.

Additionally, there's this interesting paper you may want to read:
Transcultural Psychiatry - Sleep Paralysis, Sexual Abuse, and Space Alien Abduction

You can, of course, ignore the body of material that's examined this phenomenon in favor of a more magical explanation, but, to each their own.

It's a pretty elementary error to assume that, because a phenomena has been given a convenient moniker ("Sleep Paralysis") and simply defined as a list of symptoms, that this suffices as a satisfying explanation. A similar error occurs when you dismiss an explanation out of hand by simply placing the word "magical" next to it. What these tactics do, rather than elucidate a phenomenon, is to subtly obscure it by an appeal to authority.

It's also an error to assume that, because an experience can be induced in a laboratory, that the experience is of something imaginary. The implicit logical move here is that what is subjectively experienced is non-real. And that's a pretty hefty assumption that I'm willing to bet that you have no justification for. It is, however, perfectly justifiable within a purely materialist framework, as this framework conveniently assumes this.

In either one of those cases, you haven't come close to explaining the non-reality of the beings that were experienced in those situations, but these confused thoughts actually elucidate some common fundamental assumptions that people make as they think through these issues.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

Hmmm. That's fine and all.
Your effort to muddy the waters is commendable.

However, as observed, reported, and experienced historically, as well as contemporarily under controlled monitored conditions;
looks like a duck
walks like a duck
quacks like a duck
swims like a duck
water rolls off its back like a duck

You're welcome to call it a Pterodactyl if you want, remain objectively neutral, or any other stance you've ivory towered, but, I'm calling it a duck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join