It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This goes out to the ban guns crowd.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Gotta love stats. Lets take the first item.

Finland ranks first in the world for suicide, ages 15-34.

Can't blame guns for life being too much to handle there.

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand, just like pretty picture.

Murder = illegal, does not matter how you do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Well here in Canada guns aren't banned. Just registered and you also need a gun license to buy one. Nothing else is banned. Even if the US Gov. were to abolish the 2 amendment, if someone is sick enough to go out with the intention of shooting little children, he/she will find a gun regardless of gun laws.

Gun bans are aimed solely at curbing legal gun ownership. Anyone can walk into Home Depot or Lowes and buy everything they need to create a homemade gun, might not be able to get off over a hundred rounds but I guess it depends on how crafty they are. He could have gotten the parts to make a bomb and taken everyone out. Gun laws mean nothing to criminals or the insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I couldn't agree with you more!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
reply to post by oper8zhin

Most people dont know that Dog Bowls are a cereal killers favorite weapon

tampa.cbslocal.com...
ORANGE CITY, Fla. (CBS Tampa) – Orange City police say a man tried to kill his wife by holding her head in a dog bowl full of water after they fought over pizza.

SEE!!!!!! A madman WHO WANTS TO KILL IS GOING TO KILL WHETHER GUNS ARE BANNED OR NOT.

There are other tools. Many other tools that offer a TON MORE SUFFERING than a gunshot death. And things that go "BOOM" cause a lot more death and suffering than a gun could ever do. You take guns away, and these madmen WILL RESORT to the MANY OTHER TOOLS available including things that go "BOOM" to do what they are GOING TO DO regardless of the gun laws. Guns or not, MADMEN ARE GOING TO KILL if they WANT TO KILL.

Gun control folks JUST REFUSE to RESEARCH what actually happens in areas where guns are taken away. The crime gets WORST and the LAW-ABIDING GOOD GUYS ALWAYS SUFFER and the CRIMINALS become more POWERFUL THAN EVER.

Only TRAITORS, CRIMINALS, BRAINWASHED SHEEPLE and IDIOT NON-AMERICAN gun haters want to see guns taken away. Do some DAMN research gun haters.

edit on 15-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

perhaps. that doesnt change the FACT that aside from the mass shootings that happen once in a blue moon, blacks are 7 times more likely to commit homicide than whites. its not racist to state facts. in fact its cowardly to ignore them. and hypocritical. its like when people go on and on about how blacks are faster and more athletic. well they are faster, and they do have more endurance, but when i respond with "but whites are stronger and smarter", i get called a racist? both statements are true, and can be explained by evolution. simply put, black people are a lot more impulsive.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TryhardSandy
reply to post by Xquizit

perhaps. that doesnt change the FACT that aside from the mass shootings that happen once in a blue moon, blacks are 7 times more likely to commit homicide than whites. its not racist to state facts. in fact its cowardly to ignore them. and hypocritical. its like when people go on and on about how blacks are faster and more athletic. well they are faster, and they do have more endurance, but when i respond with "but whites are stronger and smarter", i get called a racist? both statements are true, and can be explained by evolution. simply put, black people are a lot more impulsive.

7 times more likely? Where are you getting your stats? If what you claim is true... Who cares.

A human being is exactly just that, a damn human being. You claim colored people are more impulsive, well not all. Look, there are tones of Caucasians living in the Bronx who are just as "impulsive" as the "blacks". I just see no reason to bring in a person's color in this thread. Yes I am white Canadian/American (dual citizenship) but i know this... an American is an American, regardless of skin color.

You can blame who ever you want with your "stats",

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
This is why teachers should be trained and armed instead of hiding under desks.

No, I disagree with your statement as written...some people just cannot handle a gun, and yes, teachers that are willing to be trained should be allowed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms are classed together because of precedent set by existing import laws. It has nothing to do with their effects towards one's health.

Not my line, and I can't remember who said it now.

'Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. This shouldn't be a government agency. This should be the name of a shop'.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Gotta love stats. Lets take the first item.

Finland ranks first in the world for suicide, ages 15-34.

Can't blame guns for life being too much to handle there.

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand, just like pretty picture.

Murder = illegal, does not matter how you do it.

Have some more facts...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

We're number one! We're number one!
U S A ! U S A!
America !@#$ Yea!

Wait what the heck just happened to me?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Racist much?

Ill have you know there are way more Caucasian mass murderers than African Americans in the US. Look it up.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Xquizit because: Added info

Remove the term "Mass" and the statistic flips on it's head with blacks committing nearly 80% of all gun-related homicides. It's not racial, it's factual. If you'd like to have a debate about something, it would be wise to look at ALL of the variables - not just the ones that are politically-correct.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

What is your point? I clearly articulated mine.

I am not dissolutioned that I live in a violent society.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

My point is even if they are black, they are still Americans. That's all. Look for yourself, America is at # 1 with 9,484 murders.. Not black America.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

One of the great things about statistics is how they can easily be used to mislead - the number of deaths by guns per country is arbitrary and unimportant statistically. What are the geographic sizes of these countries? the population density? the census count? or the number of guns in the country?

Without some sort of quantization of relevance, the statistic itself is meaningless. Put gun deaths "over" census count, geographic size, population density and you have some meaningful basis upon which to assess the statistical significance of your selection. I purposefully left of "number of guns" because there is no implied association of availability of devices to incidence of deadly use and it there were an association it would be inverse or "negative". For example, one might be involved in a "gun death" (hopefully, the survivor) and own 40 guns although just one gun is used in the "gun death" - the number of guns over the number of deaths doesn't make much sense as a useful measurement. It could be relevant to utilize a statistic gathered on the number of guns owned by each perpetrator in a "gun death" to see how many firearms they own at the time their of their deadly event - one would assume that multiple gun ownership will be common among those committing mass murder as most nowadays seem to be caught with multiple weapons, in those cases the measurement would be anecdotal.

You might notice that missing from those country "gun death" figures are Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Israel, Eqypt, Afghanastan - you get the drift here - none of those places really "fit in" with the pattern the statistics wants to portray, thus they are omitted.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

i wasnt blaming anyone for anything. you accused someone of being a racist for stating a sound observation that is backed up by facts. the other countries on that list are all european countries with a. smaller populations, b. smaller black populations, and c. less glorification of guns/violence/drugs from hollywood and the music industry. it was an unfair comparison. furthermore, the constant accusations of racism have gotten to be a little worn out thanks to the msm throwing the term around every chance they get. it really doesnt mean much of anything anymore. not to mention, there seems to be this unspoken rule that only whitey has it in him to be racist.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Banning guns is just another form of prohibition and we know how well that worked with booze and with pot. Can you imagine the power this would give those that form the blackmarket? At least guns only fire a single projectile at a time* the (exception being shot guns), if the nut cases had to come up with an alternative to guns I fear IED's would become the weapon of choice imagine the damage an improvised claymore mine could do!

And as for banning alcohol and tobacco that would only add to the cash flow of organized crime and further strengthen their hold in the US and around the globe!

*one barrel one bullet at a time, though they can fire in rapid succession

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I could understand bannig alcohol.How many families are crushed and people are killed each year because of drunk driving.10 000
Don't see obama crying over that

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

If the 90% that TPTB were disarmed it would make them so much easier to herd into the FEMA death camps.

Don't think it hasn't happened before.

Don't let it happen here.

This one is longer but worth the hour of your time.

edit on 15-12-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

Yup. DHS didn't buy that 1,000,000,000+ rounds of ammo for noth'n. Round 'm up. Into the camp and into your pen.

Now everyone, drink your flouride, eat your GMO's take your vaccines and SHUT UP while we get your agenda 21 sheep pen ready.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join