It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This goes out to the ban guns crowd.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hello everyone I am a nobody with yet another opinion on recent matters.Alcohol,Tobacco,Fire arms....as long as cigarettes,are around guns will be to....think about it....same as alcohol.To Ban Gun's one would have to ban cigarettes...to ban one the other would have to follow...guns,alcohol,and fire arms are the leading cause of death in the world...aside from cancer and obscure diseases...they pretty up there on the charts but anyhow..you get my point?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

But guns are so scawwree!

Just bought a new AR last night. My local (fantastic) gun store was extremely busy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm for banning high calorie foods. Obesity related diseases kill far more people than guns do in fat america. There is simply no reason why someone needs to be over 10 pounds overweight. I would like to liscense people who eat at fast food establishments. If you can't get a note from a doctor saying your weight, blood pressure, and cholesterol is within normal parameters you have no business eating at McDonalds. How many heart attacks do we have to have before we crack down on food and sugary beverages. The fact is that coca cola makes if far easier for someone to get diabetes than if they had to drink water.

Alcohol has to go too afterall banning it worked out so well for us last time. Without the booze you can't get drunk. The only reason to have wine or beer is get smashed and go driving.

I think we need a frank discussion about internet freedom. I've seen to many horror stories about people getting bullied to death on facebook. If you can't say something nice, the government needs to curtail the freedom of speech.
edit on 15-12-2012 by grownshow because: mispelling

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms are classed together because of precedent set by existing import laws. It has nothing to do with their effects towards one's health.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

maybe so.....but look at the fact they are all used and they all cause considerably more than a handful of deaths each year....just say'n

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
Hello everyone I am a nobody with yet another opinion on recent matters.Alcohol,Tobacco,Fire arms....as long as cigarettes,are around guns will be to....think about it....same as alcohol.To Ban Gun's one would have to ban cigarettes...to ban one the other would have to follow...guns,alcohol,and fire arms are the leading cause of death in the world...aside from cancer and obscure diseases...they pretty up there on the charts but anyhow..you get my point?

No..
I'm enjoying a cigarette right now and a cold beer..
And guess what, in my country guns are banned
Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well here in Canada guns aren't banned. Just registered and you also need a gun license to buy one. Nothing else is banned. Even if the US Gov. were to abolish the 2 amendment, if someone is sick enough to go out with the intention of shooting little children, he/she will find a gun regardless of gun laws.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is why teachers should be trained and armed instead of hiding under desks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I'd hate to be in a place where your ability to engage multiple shooters in a fire fight is more important than actually teaching the kids and thats before you have teacher walking down the desks in full tactical body armor with a pistol in one hand and a pen in the other in a room thats built to be able to withstand pretty much anything a nut job can do so bullet proof doors/windows and walls thick enough to be able to withstand a RPG etc

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

I wonder how many of those other countries have large urban black populations.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Racist much?

Ill have you know there are way more Caucasian mass murderers than African Americans in the US. Look it up.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Xquizit because: Added info

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yea guns deaths are lower. Because they took up OTHER TOOLS TO KILL. Like KNIVES, AXES, AUTOMOBILES, BROKEN BEER BOTTLES, THINGS THAT GO "BOOM" and on and on...

So they banned guns, yet things always GET WORST IN AREAS OF STRICT GUN-CONTROL!!!!

Why not include how much WORST things have gotten with the other tools in those countries??

Yea, you wont.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds

I wonder how many of those other countries have large urban black populations.

Unfortunately Americas urban areas (areas of STRICT GUN CONTROL by the way) are NOTORIOUS for using ILLEGAL FIREARMS every flippin' hour of every flippin' day. If only the LAW-ABIDING folks in those areas were allowed a firearm for personal protection, the COWARDS in those areas wouldnt be so OUT OF CONTROL.

All one has to do is LOOK AT THE DATA between areas of America having strict gun control, and areas which dont. WHICH ONE HAS THE PROBLEM??? WHICH ONE??

Yea, thats right.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yes because criminals care about the laws?
Even if they were illegal people would still find a way to get them. The only difference is nobody could defend themselves

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Most people dont know that Dog Bowls are a cereal killers favorite weapon

tampa.cbslocal.com...
ORANGE CITY, Fla. (CBS Tampa) – Orange City police say a man tried to kill his wife by holding her head in a dog bowl full of water after they fought over pizza.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If the 90% that TPTB were disarmed it would make them so much easier to herd into the FEMA death camps.

Don't think it hasn't happened before.

Don't let it happen here.

This one is longer but worth the hour of your time.

edit on 15-12-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Considering that the abuse of cigarettes and alcohol take years for any significant damage/death to take effect and said statistics appear in the thousands. (some people have been smoking for years, and that death counts as one in that year)

Its not like people are running around giving their victim a smoke/drink in hope after the first taste they drop.

Running around going, Click...thats One, Click...thats Two....etc, well.

Ban the guns.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
May as well outlaw eating utensils too. And plastic bags, screwdrivers and all other tools. Straws, having a set of stairs, cars, baseball bats, baseballs, golf clubs, motor vehicles, electrical cords, all ropes yarns and twines. I could keep going. People focus too much on the method of the killing and not so much on the madness

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by Nite_wing

I'd hate to be in a place where your ability to engage multiple shooters in a fire fight is more important than actually teaching the kids and thats before you have teacher walking down the desks in full tactical body armor with a pistol in one hand and a pen in the other in a room thats built to be able to withstand pretty much anything a nut job can do so bullet proof doors/windows and walls thick enough to be able to withstand a RPG etc

Maybe that's exactly what they want--militarized schools. They'll wait until a public majority demands the arming and training of teachers and administrators, then say, "Ok. You wanted it. Here you go." And then we'll essentially have Blackwater teaching our kids to read.

If that doesn't scare the hell out of you...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join