It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change the law to allow Teachers and UNIVERSITY Students carry guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Severin
Oh how incredibly intelligent you are...

Yes, lets give everyone a gun - even students, so when a couple of kids have a disagreement over their lunch/ a girl/ who's got the best trainers etc it will end in a massacre. Then their friends will be sure to back up their mates and start firing too.

Very wise Sir, very wise.

This comment is just dumb and shows how little you know.

I am 99/9% sure that when the OP says "students" he/she is referring to adult students. As in College students. 10-11-12-16-17 year olds are not allowed to carry around weapons in the USA. Those who are in that age range who do carry guns (outside of hunting) are known as criminals. Chances are they are involved in the drug trade, gangs or any number of negative or criminal endeavors.

The OP is correct. Had you had just one legal, responsible gun owner in that school in CT you would not have 20 dead children. Look at the Oregon shooting as an example. Once the shooter saw another person with a gun, he shot himself and ended the rampage. That is why we did not have a high body count in Oregon.

Might I suggest this video. It may help some of you to understand better. The women in this video is Dr. Susan Gratia. She was in a restaurant in Killeen Texas with her parents in 1991 when a man drove his truck into the establishment and opened fire. There were roughly 80 people inside at the time, he killed 23 and wounded 20 others. This women is a survivor of this incident, she lost BOTH her parents that day. If anyone has the right to explain the use of firearms and the second amendment, it is her. She has earned that right to speak with blood. Watch it. Learn something useful. Learn about gun control from a practical viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Where I come from students means school kids! So when taken from my point of view my reply is both justified and pertinent. I obviously took objection to this with the op and he edited the title of the thread and added UNIVERSITY- in caps to make the distinction clearer.

If you had read the entire thread you would of course have known this.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Severin

Where I come from students means school kids!

Really? So what do you call people who attend College where you are from? Are they Students or are they called something else?

So when taken from my point of view my reply is both justified and pertinent.

I would argue that your point lacked common sense on every discernible level.

I obviously took objection to this with the op and he edited the title of the thread and added UNIVERSITY- in caps to make the distinction clearer.

Yes, you forced the OP to be very specific so people like yourself would not derail the thread with an argument that lacked common sense on every discernible level. How proud you must be

If you had read the entire thread you would of course have known this.

What makes you think I didn't? Do you really believe that my opinion would be much different than what it is now?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I obviously took objection to this with the op and he edited the title of the thread and added UNIVERSITY- in caps to make the distinction clearer.

Yes, you forced the OP to be very specific so people like yourself would not derail the thread with an argument that lacked common sense on every discernible level. How proud you must be

Yes, thats exactly what I did
... Because of the ambiguity of the original thread title I could see that it had the potential of getting derailed so I suggested - not 'forced'
the op to make it clearer.

Thank you for agreeing and clarifying that in your own special way.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

And perhaps in your own special way you can explain to us all what anything you are currently saying has anything to do with my initial post?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Nothing in any sort of gun "training" is going to stop a guy from doing something like this. It sounds like he was very good with a gun anyway.....so maybe he had some training.

Do you think he didnt read the sign on the door "gun free zone"? Maybe thats it....if he would have had reading lessions he would have read the sign and went home. Maybe many dont know that most schools in the US have a post on the door and other places that say "this is a gun free zone". But maybe he couldnt read?

Maybe he could read............

My point isn't that such a law will solve this problem. It's that the law isn't good enough by itself.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Nothing in any sort of gun "training" is going to stop a guy from doing something like this. It sounds like he was very good with a gun anyway.....so maybe he had some training.

Do you think he didnt read the sign on the door "gun free zone"? Maybe thats it....if he would have had reading lessions he would have read the sign and went home. Maybe many dont know that most schools in the US have a post on the door and other places that say "this is a gun free zone". But maybe he couldnt read?

It's not my intention to argue whether or not carrying guns will be effective. For me, the point in training is to protect the one who is carrying a gun from harming himself or others in the room.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyluv

My point isn't that such a law will solve this problem. It's that the law isn't good enough by itself.

Well do what we can before hand. However by the time some nut is walking through the front door with a weapon intent on doing harm there should be ever possibility that he is going to be answered in kind. No time for phycoanilization or a review of cultural phenomenon and conditions.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Well do what we can before hand. However by the time some nut is walking through the front door with a weapon intent on doing harm there should be ever possibility that he is going to be answered in kind. No time for phycoanilization or a review of cultural phenomenon and conditions.

My point has nothing to do with "a review of cultural phenomenon and conditions" but learning how to use guns correctly.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyluv

My point has nothing to do with "a review of cultural phenomenon and conditions" but learning how to use guns correctly.

Yea if you mean folks that carry in public like a student or teacher having full training then yea who would argue with that?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Thank you for posting the testimony of Susan Gratia. As you may know, her input and testimony was also very important in the Missouri Concealed Weapons law we all enjoy in this state today. The story of her ordeal in watching so many die while she had a gun out in the parking lot, not legally allowed to have it with her inside, is one everyone should burn into memory that has an interest in this subject.

In terms of schools? Heck, I'm 39, a qualified and permitted concealed firearms carrier and do carry on a regular basis. It's sheer stupidity that by law I must not exit my vehicle with my weapon because I happen to be across the property line and onto the College. I follow it, of course. Violation of a black letter location (as opposed to someone posting a sign on a door, which is entirely different) isn't worth losing everything for. However, I'd be VERY grateful if I wasn't a mandated sitting duck in a shoot gallery for any nut job with a 'tude and a gun of his own.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Teachers should NOT have guns!!!!!

They should have either access to a gun or access to a person like a marshal.

If teachers get guns there will be more shootings than there is now, how many times did you p**s off your teacher? would you want to be shot for making a prank?

This will never happen..

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

(cough) Teachers already have guns. Many guns. In the hands of many teachers. Some states DO allow them to carry their weapon at work and have for years, in fact. Utah comes to mind, as I understand it. You don't hear about teachers going postal and shooting their students and that isn't just University there.

This isn't "giving" anyone, anything. It's simply asking, do the adults who have successfully completed the background and training for a CCW and carry already, leave their gun in the car when they go to work as a teacher or can they carry it with them, in concealed form, if and when they feel the need for whatever reason? That's all it comes down to. Some states don't let them have it in their car, some do for the outright prohibited locations. (I.E., whenever I go to the Courthouse complex, I put my gun in the car and lock it as I get out. Cops have watched me do it while walking by and never said a word..such is the law here, anyway).

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Not all collage Students are 19 to 25 year olds.

I have been in classes with collage Students in there 40s to 70s

You have many ex military going to collage at this time that are trained in safe weapons handling

I myself am a ex federal security officer and have a Nevada CCW.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There are some dumb ass kids in college. As an undergrad I saw a few fights break out at the commons, the area where everyone gathers to eat...I can't imagine how many people could be killed if a gun fight had broke out.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join