It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change the law to allow Teachers and UNIVERSITY Students carry guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Changing the law to allow people to carry on schools and universities is the only option we have to protect people on anti-gun places.

The resources are not there to buy expensive metal detectors and control the IN/OUT of schools, the same with armed security guards, they just dont have the resources. Killers will think twice going into a school or university if they know teachers, students or employees might be carrying.

I have a 5 year old daughter and the news of this massacre hit me hard, I cried and couldn't wait to pick my daughter up to hug her and tell her how much I love her. But that doesn't mean we should ban guns or put stricter guns laws out there.......................BAD PEOPLE doesn't give a crap about the guns laws they might implement, they already have the guns, they will not give them away and even if guns doesn't exist they will find other ways to do bad, like what happened in China and the stabbings to school kids.

1 out 19 people in Florida in 2012 has a permit to carry a handgun, plus there is more people that owns a gun legally on their home that doesn't have a carry permit. GUNS ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, we have to deal with that............

Is very sad what happened on Connecticut but guns are not the problem...........if the guy uses a gas tank to burn the school down, are we going to ban gas tanks? or if they use a car to ram people on a crowded place, are we going to ban cars? GROW UP, you need to fight fire with fire.

Yesterday I was at Walmart to buy some stuff and the AMMO cage was pack with people buying ammo, I had to make a line of 8 people to get my ammo, expensive ammo was flying of the shelves, just like a black friday sale. I was able to buy some .22LR and some 380 ammo. everything else was almost gone.

You are ignorant if you think by putting a gun ban will help the cause.

edit on 15-12-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You know the world's in a bad place when kids have to carry guns for their own safety.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I agree. We should have been protecting our most valuable resource years ago. I think police officers would more than likely volunteer to guard our schools. Maybe they could work together and each give 2 days of their time each month. Possibly the government could give them a tax break for this volunteering of their time which would make it a bit less of a burden on them financially. Teachers with guns does work but i think they should go through a lot of evaluation before they would be allowed to carry in a school. Obviously something along the lines of what you describe needs to happen.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Oh how incredibly intelligent you are...

Yes, lets give everyone a gun - even students, so when a couple of kids have a disagreement over their lunch/ a girl/ who's got the best trainers etc it will end in a massacre. Then their friends will be sure to back up their mates and start firing too.

Very wise Sir, very wise.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
You know the world's in a bad place when kids have to carry guns for their own safety.

Yes and we have to deal with that

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
where did the kid get the gun?His/her parent's?Did he save his allowence money up to buy it of a shady street vendor?How did the child get the weapon?And secondly how come they wont install metal detectors in schools?and third why are the kid's parents not being prosecuted for not parenting their child?All common sense questions......are there any matching answers?!!??

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

You are ignorant if you think putting a gun in everyone's hands will help the situation...

Changing the law to allow people to carry on schools and universities is the only option we have to protect people on anti-gun places.

Change the law to allow Teachers and Students carry guns

What happens when little Timmy does not want to be bullied anymore and he happens to have a gun strapped to his hip. How about Ms. Johnson, a third grade teacher who just had her child taken away and loses her mind and reaches for the gun in her desk.

Even more simply, what if an accident involving a gun occurs at a school and a child is injured or god forbid, killed as a result.

Solving gun crime with more guns does not make sense to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

Are the kids parents as you put it not dead?

link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I'm sorry but you can't even trust some police officers these days.

Remember they do kill innocent people too, not saying all cops are bad.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Severin
Oh how incredibly intelligent you are...

Yes, lets give everyone a gun - even students, so when a couple of kids have a disagreement over their lunch/ a girl/ who's got the best trainers etc it will end in a massacre. Then their friends will be sure to back up their mates and start firing too.

Very wise Sir, very wise.

University Students and Teachers, they are very capable of knowing what they are doing. I don't want kids with guns, read everything twice and then talk.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Are you forgetting a case recently where most of the "deaths" were friendly fire and a good many innocent bystanders were killed by police who were trying to disarm a suspect by shooting at him? This with officers who are trained to shoot. Can you imagine the numbers of bystanders killed by civilians shooting at each other? Everybody wants to be Doc Holliday. I don't think that is the answer.

How about we enforce the laws we have?

How about we work on some sort of a gun control slash, mental health compromise, so as to address the serious problems and failures with each of them?

Nobody is suggesting banning guns (except perhaps automatic weapons and hey why not?) but the reason we have all these shootings is due to (irresponsible gun owners who do not adequately secure their weapons) the prevalence and availability of weaponry combined with the lack of mental stability.

We should work harder and together, to get mental health issues addressed and not call mental health insurance "entitlements." And we shouldn't just provide automatic weapons to anyone who wants them because our forefathers approved muskets for a militias. Our "militia" is comprised of nut cases and they are killing us. We should control and limit the availability of guns to people who are responsible, know how to use them and to secure them from possible theft and use by criminals and the deranged.

This is control - Simply being responsible salesman. We all have a right to smoke but doesn't mean the tobacco industry doesn't have some culpability and responsibility too. I totally disagree with the thinking more people should own guns. That clearly is the problem since reading stats we see more guns - more murders. It isn't the complicated math.

Now notice I did not say ban guns or affect gun rights at all...we should control them a lot better than we do however and anyone that doesn't admit that while you give the multitude of OTHER rationalizations, such as "we don't have enough guns" is not thinking clearly or rationally.

Guns are for trained law enforcement, the military or hunters, the wilderness and wide open spaces. They are for personal protection in the home, on people thoroughly trained, but for Average Joe in heavily populated public spaces?...No. We live in close quarters with each other and it is impractical and undesirable for us ALL to be armed. This is why some of us moved to more populated areas...to live harmoniously under the rule of law - Not the every man for himself cowboy mentality. That's why we have places like Texas or Switzerland, if that sort of Maverick lifestyle is for you. Why pay police if we all have guns? Kind of redundant. We shouldn't need both in big cities.

And though it may be within the bounds of the law -
Do we really need the gun lobby telling everyone to get a gun?

Maybe they should just STFU for a little while.

This "citizens militia" of ours is killing us. Literally.

edit on 15-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Fully agree the last thing that a problem with guns needs is more gun thrown at it... Or is that the American way?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

You are ignorant if you think putting a gun in everyone's hands will help the situation...

Change the law to allow Teachers and Students carry guns

What happens when little Timmy does not want to be bullied anymore and he happens to have a gun strapped to his hip. How about Ms. Johnson, a third grade teacher who just had her child taken away and loses her mind and reaches for the gun in her desk.

Even more simply, what if an accident involving a gun occurs at a school and a child is injured or god forbid, killed as a result.

Solving gun crime with more guns does not make sense to me.

ONCE AGAIN , I'm talking about UNIVERSITY STUDENTS and TEACHERS carrying guns, NOT SMALL KIDS , Geeeze

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Yeah, I read it fine thanks.
Enough of your ridiculous crap.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There are Little Timmy's and Ms. Johnson at every level of the education system. Stop trying to deflect criticisms of how poor and ridiculous your argument is.

Putting more guns on school property, regardless of how properly trained individuals are, the likelihood of incidents occurring will grow substantially.

Its a hard question, I dont have the solution to this issue, but i am confident that more guns is not the answer to it.

edit on 15-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

How about we enforce the laws we have?

How about we work on some sort of a gun control mental health compromise so as to address the serious problems with each. The reason we have all these shootings is due to the prevalence of weaponry combined with the lack of mental stability or any useable tests to determine same?

Until we get the health issue under some kind of control we should limit the availability of guns to people who know how to secure them from possible theft and use by criminals and the deranged.

Now notice I did not say ban guns or affect gun rights at all...we should control them a lot better than we do however and anyone that doesn't admit that while you give the multitude of OTHER rationalizations, such as "we don't have enough guns" is not thinking clearly or rationally. We live in close quarters with each other and it is impractical for us all to be armed. This is why some of us moved to more populated areas...to live harmoniously under the rule of law - not every man for himself.

The only problem I see is that if you see the numbers 10,000,000 people buy guns legally from those less than .01% has mental problems and end up doing something like this. and Most of this people get guns from familiy members also, its very hard to implement a mental exam to sell a gun.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Do you really think you can employ ONE perfectly trained armed security guard at EVERY school in America and expect NO problems?

Do you really think putting MORE weapons into a crowded environment increases safety?

You, my friend... are naive.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by MDDoxs

Fully agree the last thing that a problem with guns needs is more gun thrown at it... Or is that the American way?

Its a cultural mindset for some, I am quite sure.

You cant pry guns away from those that have the right to own them, but you cant thrust guns into the hands of everyone and expect these issues will be solved either.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow, you guys on ATS have started to change. Asking for metal detectors at every school? Have we finally seen enough that we are willing to go totalitarian?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Do you really think you can employ ONE perfectly trained armed security guard at EVERY school in America and expect NO problems?

Do you really think putting MORE weapons into a crowded environment increases safety?

You, my friend... are naive.

Texas allow teachers to carry, if someone tries to do a massacre in one of those schools I'm pretty sure you will have less fatalities than on school with anti-gun laws.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join