It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS...What happened to you? Oh, nevermind, I no long care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I will admit to formerly being addicted to ATS and would search it several times a day. No more. I may come look at that stupid, stupid, new opening page, but I usually shake my head at the stale, innane and valueless headlines and move on. I briefly may scan, but I rarely log in anymore. It just isn't worth the trouble.

That opening page is a piece of anti-work! I don't understand how any internet business of any substance could be so laxed in keeping their customer's first look at the site in such a constant mess with a jumble of idiotic little boxes that linger for days but yet having no substance topped with poor grammar and misspellings.

Need I mention the popups that won't die when you leave the entire damned site and news pages that sometimes never open these days or jar your senses as they refresh(?) themselves.

I could say that I've outgrown the childish chatter that fills the pages since ATS got in bed FaceBook with them, but I do know that I've gotten tired. I don't claim to know all of the secrets of how we are manipulated, but sometimes I wonder why it seems to me that ATS seems to have been defanged.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

regardless of the content, havent you made some friends?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Can't say I know really what you're referring to. The main ATS page? I come straight to the forums anyway and they've been in a constant flux but relatively the same for ages.

You're basing your rage on the front page, I think you're venting frustration at some of the thread content perhaps. Firing both cannons in anger lol

in bed with facebook.. every thing on the net is in bed with facebook. I accidentally signed into a webpage with yahoo content, with my yahoo login, didn't realise I'd clicked on the facebook icon to reply to a comment, and it associated my yahoo wit facebook.

They had been separate for almost 8 years.. everything is linked now.

so it's no surprise ATS does. plenty people here have fb for some reason. mines a hokey account to ignore being hassled by it everywhere..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Mods used to answer the messages of members, too, and address their concerns.
Now, mods just ignore their messages and seem to have problems with reading comprehension skills.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Maybe a break is called for? Time-out?

I've taken a few bullets from you in the past and it never bothered me. Whenever I see one of your posts in the UFO forums I'll always read it and often star it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Definately far more subject matter that id expect to see elsewhere than here.....
Lots of emotional apeals for stars and flags but no real content.

I too am having better things to do than come here so often lately.....see ya around bud....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
not a nice thing to do, kick someone when they're down, mods..

not sure what happened here..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

As the only mod in the thread, I guess that's aimed in my direction?

I was being complementary to aliensun and intended to be supportive...'time out' is a good thing and we've all walked away in despair at some point or other. It's hard to understand how you've taken a negative from me saying I read his posts and star them.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I do believe I know what you mean Aliensun.
I gave myself a self imposed vacation recently due to getting frustrated with certain things.. and came back the day before the tragedy in CT. Im about to leave for another long period. This is my 2nd account... and Im by no means new and have road the roller coaster with ATS. Most times happy to ride it as I knew it would come full circle and get back to "bidness". People have gone mad since the elections IMO. I have never had a problem with the mods or even the board.. its the damned changing membership, constant fighting, idiotic comments/threads and what counts as a decent conversation that is truly getting on my last nerve. The recent conversations.. and the members who have really annoyed the hell out of me.. have just about made me red-line today.

ATS, love ya. Unfortunately a few old and a hell of a lot of new members are making me want to gouge my own eyes out. Between the armchair psychiatrists and the total PSYCHOphants who follow the MSM like ET and some reeeces pieces.. Ive had it. Its like the facebookers and MSM comment whores flooded this board since the elections.. and Im just gonna sacrifice a goat in hopes theyll LEAVE. You jerks.. if this goat dies, its all your fault.

Kandinsky... hold me. Tell me it will all pass. Gimme a cookie.. or a SIZZURP... QUICK. Im going to go watch Prometheus.. dont drink that Sizz till I get back.

PS.. alien, youre NOT allowed to leave. I never post in them, but read the UFO threads a lot. I demand your presence...or the goat gets it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This subject matter arises from time to time. My usual remedy is to drop a bookmarked link to a thread that another staff member, Maxmars, authored a few years ago - discussing the stages one goes through on ATS. Sadly, I am using a different operating system than I normally use, at the moment, and the bookmark is not available. I tried to manually find the thread. But, well, the hour is late and Maxmars is a prolific poster.

That said... I've been around these boards since 2003-2004. I had a previous account, the information for which I've long lost track of. But that's OK. For several years I was content simply to read and follow the links. This was a vast wonderland of access to new and exciting ideas and I had no real internal need to contribute or be actively involved.

One day, early in 2008, that changed. I no longer recall what subject got my goat to such a degree that it made me need to reply. But something did. I tried to find that lost account information, unsuccessfully, and wound up creating this account as a means of getting into whatever fray was calling me so strongly.

Since? I haven't looked back.

There are days, like yesterday, when being here can be difficult. There are subjects that provoke people into a myriad of emotional responses and which bring out those who get their jollies by trying to poke a sharp stick into the emotions of others. We, as staff, do our sincere best to keep the latter from using their sharp sticks. But, let's be realistic. Some folks have a talent for finding the very edge of acceptable behavior, and then riding it.

Comparing ATS to a few of the other available options is difficult to do. It's like comparing a town with a population of 50 to a full fledged city. One can live in a tiny town, where it's quiet, but where nothing interesting ever happens, or one can live in a large and dynamic city, where there is a lot of distraction and noise that goes along with the excitement.

ATS has grown since my first visit. But, honestly, I don't think it has changed much. At least not if one considers proportion. The ratio of noise is, IMO, simply representative of the size of the population. It's a city now, where it was once a smaller town.

Also, I bear in mind that I have, myself changed. I am no longer that person who sits in awe of the links and ideas here. I've gone down those rabbit holes now and formed my own opinions on the various topics that interest me. Now I am the one who writes the words - something I can do because I've been down those rabbit holes and learned from it. Rarely do I get that same sense of wonder that I had in the beginning.

This doesn't mean that ATS has gone downhill at all. It only implies that I have grown and learned from it. It's not as shiny to me these days. But it is a valued friend. It's like a favorite shirt to me. Others may not get why I love it so much... but I do.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure how someone can be so fed up with this place. There are so many different forums, so many different topics, different threads.
Yeah you do get a flux of the same thread titles when something big happens, but this place is big enough that you can move to a different part of the forum and avoid it.
There are so many different topics, you could transfer your interests for a while, visit a subject you're not all that familiar on.

If you frequent the UFO forums, take a gander at the medical issues and conspiracy board. Or Political. Or Disaster. or Ancient and Lost Civilizations. Dip into the Off Topic once in a while.
I didn't even know there was an Off Topic until about a year into my tenure here

I don't want to be 'that girl', but you'll be back. I've taken planned and unplanned hiatus' from here, only to return sooner or later.
Till then, have a nice rest, recharge and maybe we'll see you again soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

As the only mod in the thread, I guess that's aimed in my direction?

I was being complementary to aliensun and intended to be supportive...'time out' is a good thing and we've all walked away in despair at some point or other. It's hard to understand how you've taken a negative from me saying I read his posts and star them.

Actually it was in reference to something else, sorry about that.. Just the thread was appropriate at the time, but it seems all is well.

Didn't mean to appear as if it was directed towards you mate..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Cool.

A friend pointed out what you were probably thinking about so no problem from me

new topics

top topics

join