Set Pro or Anti-Gun Aside. What Is Causing People To Flip Out?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Spot on ThinkingCap!

So each episode of violence is likely to trump the last with each attempting to be more spectacular and sensational. This is going to be a very rough ride.

Couple the media glorifying of the murderer with video-game induced stupor and desensitization and you've got a real recipe for disaster.

The reason this problem won't be solved, is because it won't be addressed. Society at large will continue to blame the existence of guns - probably to some successful point of having them over-regulated or banned. Then they will wring their hands mightily when these killings continue because all that will have accomplished is disarming law-abiding citizens. Sick, twisted people will always have access to guns and victims. And society will have an ever continuing supply of sick and twisted people as a result of the video game culture.

We're screwed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

I have a theory.

(Pardon if this has already been explored)

Drug prescriptions for ADD, ADHD, etc. have a direct impact on the brains of developing teens and pre-teens.

Any time you apply a neurotrophic, neuro-specific compound to a developing brain, you end up with behaviours that are outside the bell curve.

I actually see this as a major cover-up by pharma and the medical community as well as the educational system.

They drug and pacify "hyper" children so that they will fit in.

These children then grow to adulthood with brains that did not develop normally.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sometimes I think it's the sun.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Perscription Meds . Doctors Doping Up the Public in the Name of Drug Companies. Just Say NO To Perscription Drugs and Live a Life of Emotional and Intellectual Sanity.......
edit on 15-12-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok - take some rats and put them in a cage, give them food and water a place to hide and they'll be a bunch of happy rats and usually get along pretty well.

Now - Shove more rats into the cage so its overcrowded. Then stress the rats out. Over stimulate them, turn on loud music, shake the cage, keep them all stressed out. Before long, a few of the rats will snap and start killing other rates.

We are not so different. Society has gotten to be such a pressure cooker that some are snapping.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The reason people are freaking out is population. There are a LOT of people and so little privacy. Although people are social animals, they still need some degree of privacy and with the close quarters these days, that's darn near impossible.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I had this conversation with my wife a few hours ago....

....basically the average person has been put under more and more stress as they are expected to perform in todays modern world. Those that have underlying mental conditions are the first ones to crack as slowly, but surely, society unravels.....

...methinks we aint seen nothin yet.........

Going to agree with this. People are somewhat damaged and fairly resilient I might add. Have you guys considered how often the news stations keep people in a constant state of stress? No one really gets to deal with their own emotional issues.

Take your average day. The average person/couple has to deal with their children, their childrens problems. Thier bills, work issues, long hours and other social issues that vary. Thats all tough in itself, which isnt so bad right? we can handle that for the most part. Accept watch this. Pile the worlds problems on top of all that. Its almost like putting an ant under a magnifying glass.

Its not bad enough that you have your own issues. You are bombarded daily with everyone elses issues. Right? Add US wars every damn ten years to that, plus the idiots down the road shooting each other, all the break ins, stock market behavior which affects everyone apparently, economy doom and gloom reports, the druggies wandering about like zombies, people that cant drive for crap ect, top it off with 9/11 and terrorism reminders, hell the list goes on and on. And this isnt to blame the news stations right? Theyre reporting the news. the problem is the news is usually not so great. This is what the average person is subjected to daily. Thats actually a lot of stress. So we know one thing for sure, our culture isnt in the greatest of shape.

Its pretty amazing that folks are able to do this 365 if you think about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have no answer to your question but I agree people seem to be just losing their freaking minds more today than ever.

I was discussing the Connecticut shooting with my wife and I honestly feel that it and all the others are not
"gun problems" but instead are people issues.
I know people love to use these circumstances to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon and promote their beliefs.

I wish people to consider that guns are not new to America, have always been here and were not a big issue back in "in the day". When my father (now deceased) was a kid he and many others in class would take their rifles to school and they would lean them in the corner and after school they would go squirrel hunting on the way home.
There were no school shootings or kids killing other people.
The whole mind set of people has changed somehow over the years. I don't know why and/or how but it has.

It's easy to blame liberals, conservatives, religions or lack thereof, parenting, peer pressure, video games and TV but the reason really eludes me.

There is a huge lack of personal responsibility with people today in every area of life, not just violence.

When you get called a name at school, shunned by the cool kids or picked on it's called "bullying". Back when I was a kid the same things went on but it wasn't a reason to get the federal government, news crews and lawyers involved. If a kid picked on you then you either put up with it or you punched him in the nose and it usually stopped. Now it is blamed for kids cutting on themselves or the kid flipping out and shooting up a school.

The problem doesn't stem from the gun it comes from something wrong with the person and their behavior and inability to make proper choices on how to handle a given situation.

Does having a firearm make it easier to create mayhem? Yes, possibly. This person would still kill people because his poor little feeling were hurt and obviously it's perfectly normal to kill people to make up for it.
human life seems to have little meaning for these people and that's the problem.

If we had a HUGE problem with drunk driving deaths and it was being in the news weekly it wouldn't be fair to blame the car, the alcohol or the bar that served it. It is the person's fault......period.

Yes firearms are deadly and will kill people, lots of people if used properly. They also save thousands of lives a year and are great fun to use for target shooting and hunting. I am an avid shooter and received my first firearm when I was 9 (yes, nine years old). I have owned and shot all my life and at this time own 27 firearms.
I have never shot up a school or used mine to try to kill someone I was mad at. Murder is wrong.
I did have to use mine once in self defense but that's another subject.....

Till we start blaming the person for their decisions and quit blaming the tool the problem will only get worse.

After this last shooting (and all the previous ones) all over the news I kept hearing "Officials are trying to determine why he did it". There's no "reason" to kill a bunch of people.

Was he bullied? I don't care.....
Was he abused? I don't care.....
Was he upset? I don't care....

People.......No matter what's happening in your life or how $hitty you think life is or how bad your treated it don't give you the right to kill other people!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is actually a decent thread with good communication being practiced. I read all three pages without being turned off after reading half of the first page.Now in my personal opinion I think it's a combination of a couple things that have been addressed in this conversation.First and foremost, I think the overall social stressors are becoming more and more prevalent in developed western countries. Whether this is intentional or not is for another conversation. Point is, the brutality and frequency of violence has certainly picked up in the past 10-20 years. This development isn't just in the U.S. Look no further than Anders Breivik in Norway. The body counts aren't anything new in terms of mass murderers. What is somewhat different are how sensational and frequent these events have become. I think that the increasing financial and law pressure is certainly doing a number on the developed western populace. With no hope for the present or future in sight a lot of young males are acting out, almost as if it's an instinctive reaction to an environment they cannot control. Feeling powerless and unable to control the environment around them they are showing the world that they do have control. A display of dominance in some weird way. Most serial/mass murderers seem to get some satisfaction from a position of dominance. I think this explains the locations these people target, as in large groups who are unsuspecting and cannot defend themselves.I do think the media also plays a part in this as well, as it gives these disenfranchised people a large platform to display their dominance. With the round the clock coverage on multiple stations it's a perfect way to become more than what they are. It's an easy way to no longer feel completely impotent to their surroundings. They are, now in a way, controlling media discourse around the world.Also, I do think it's very possible that the abundance of prescription medication could very well play a heavy part in these events as well. Unfortunately, even if this were the case, any indication of this would be buried by big pharma, as there is too much money to be made. Beyond this I cannot comment much further in this respect because of how little I know about these treatments used for disorders such as ADD and ADHD. It's definitely something I should look into a little more. As a side note. Funny how so many are banging the 'ban guns" drum, but completely ignoring the fact that the media plays just as much, if not more, of a part in these events. I say start a petition to ban big media. Think of the children for god sakes... JK EDIT TO ADD: S&F by the way.
edit on 15-12-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and rant free - bravo OP!

I think its technology. TV, movies, video games, internet, celebrity, hours upon hours of HOURS spent playing games, emailing, chat groups, tv on in the background almost EVERYWHERE we go....

Its conditioning, and we don't even realize it.

Kissing used to be taboo in the movies. Gun fights were incredibly "clean." Flip around an hour of tv, surf the web. Violence is everywhere. Sex, drugs, rock and roll. Totally acceptable to watch the Kardashians beat the crap out of each other. Yup. Just the way to spend a normal day.....wait, what?

I'm a young person, not pulling the "those crazy kids!" card, but I also live on a farm in the country. I have limited hours in the day for technology - by choice and by profession. Days spent in the fresh air, working my body and mind, problem solving for real, taking care of something other than myself, talking with my community for advice about a tomato plant, sharing the bounty, helping a neighbor, I could go on and on and on....

Just the few hours I've watched of the CT shooting, and another stint on ATS (I come and go :-) - well, I'm a big ol' frazzled mess! And I'm a grown up who can turn off and go back outside.

I guess my point is kids don't "play" anymore. They don't have responsibilities, consequences, challenges. They are shuttled to 987239874 activities a week, are surrounded by SO MUCH STUFF, spend hours and hours plugged in to something technological. And yet they are bored?

Combine all this with energy they pick up from adults all around stressing about money, work, fill in the blank....add in all the medications......add in all the other valid ideas from this thread.....

well, its not really a surprise to me that people like all these shooters have developed their own reality of "hey, its ok to gun down a bunch of little kids with an assault riffle because___________"

What the trigger was for this, I have no idea. But the shape of the world today....well, I'm not surprised. Saddened, but not surprised.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Chemical weapons.

Directed energy weapons.

Those two things should be considered when looking at the men who snap. Triggers. My personal opinion is directed energy weapons did it. Something is all nice and normal and natural, then they come across some electrical impulse that scrambles their brain, trips some hormones that gives them a sense like they have a mission, as if programmed, and because they are unaware of the influence -- and so is the public -- that it gets miscategorized. Wires get crossed.

Maybe there is a satellite somewhere that is crossing the space between the sun and the earth, interfering with the galactic energy flows that create our life forces. The North Korea satellite tumbling out of orbit comes to mind.

Cosmic rays bouncing off the Geminid meteor showers, how the lack of translation by some peoples' cosmic minds, it gets played out in antagonizing violence. As above, so below. They know something is going on but they can't recreate the sensation properly. Shooting stars.

Wrong place, right time. What were to happen if we took the astrological charts of all the victims, and of the school at its location, and the attacker, and found a connection?

What if you could take out a fang shui compass and find the negative energy? Or if you could measure the ELF waves, and the solar influence, and find that at the point where someone snaps, there is a vibration in the air of a certain frequency? Or in the ground? Maybe the earthquakes in Japan had something to do with this.

Maybe it's a psychic tension phenomenon. Panic here leads to panic there. Anger somewhere leads to anger somewhere else. How the middle east tension erupts in individuals of a certain genetic history. Past lives, ancestors.

There are lots of factors that one has to sift through to find out what makes them tick.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

ok so I guess that guy didn't have access to Obamacare then! I believe it is naive to think that more bureaucratic control of healthcare is going to make things any better for people with mental health issues.

And to the OP: blaming it on Mom isn't fair either. No matter how careful Moms are, eat well, use flash cards to help baby learn to read, take them to museums and the Science Center as children, get private education, and every other thing one can imagine, the unthinkable can still happen.
edit on 16-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
After 40 years as a EMT i have found this.

No mental health treatment/diagnosis of kids who,s mothers used drugs while pregnant.

Kids growing up in homes with drug using parents.

Meth use.

no mental health diagnosis done on teens with problems in high school.

Paint huffing.

drug use fries brains and many adults that have mental health problems have a history of hard drug use mostly meth.
years ago it use to be '___' that fried brains.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
The totalitarian Illuminati are whats causing people to flip out. The economic recession. The fact that we are destined for more yet conditioned to accept less. Becoming mentally unstable and fliping out is a symptom of the disease which is the life we lead these days.

Then you have chemtrails. The poisoning of our water supply/food supply with all manner of additional chemicals. Prescription medications that should never have been approved or prescribed. The list goes on and on!

edit on 15-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Duality disconnection from my point of view. Where individuals lifes are not worth anything at all to themselves and feel that they are imprisoned by what other humans want and choose and bullied to accept the system/bullying.

It is always the unevolved human society that is the problem because it creates the monsters it deserves. Unfortunatly both the innocent and the guilty for the mess experiance what society creates. Create a society that do not create monsters and you can have one gun for every person in the world but not a single shot will be fired intentionally at another human since there will be no reason to fire intentionally.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Combinations of drugs, the effects of commercial mass entertainment, social pressure, an atmosphere that encourages egotism, and mental problems.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
its hard to not see the whole of society as a total fabrication.

there is this great big lie of AUTHORITY at the foundations of civilization. the false notion that someone, somewhere, really knows whats going on around here......THEY are the authority. I suppose on some level, it is important for a child to feel that safety.

but it's not news to anyone, it's now abundantly clear, even to the children......

......no one has a goddamned clue.

everything else listed in this thread is a symptom of this. this feeling of just being "blowing out in the wind". people want so desperately to be told what to do, how to think and feel. but deep down inside, they know that they must become the central figure of authority in their own lives. the genie is out of the bottle. as we can see, people will do almost ANYTHING to refuse this self-custodianship.

existential crisis ensues.

so, at this wonderful time of year, let us all remember that it is OTHERS responsibility to make US happy, and ours to make them. let us shower each other with a bounty that no-one can afford, and distract ourselves with the movies, games, and technology as the treasured surrogate we have come to rely on.

and if children die, we will be happy to be very, very sad.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

....basically the average person has been put under more and more stress as they are expected to perform in todays modern world. Those that have underlying mental conditions are the first ones to crack as slowly, but surely, society unravels.....

What kind of stress did this motherfu**er was under that made him murder babies? Why don't they quietly kill themselves if they are under so much stress? Twenty something year old living with his mother! Stress? give me a break ! Pure fuc*** evil not stress!

That is an extremely limited way of looking at this if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

What kind of stress did this motherfu**er was under that made him murder babies? Why don't they quietly kill themselves if they are under so much stress? Twenty something year old living with his mother! Stress? give me a break ! Pure fuc*** evil not stress!

That is an extremely limited way of looking at this if you ask me.

It may be a limited way looking at it but that's only because people like him do things like this for extremely limited reason. And it ain't stress. And he wan't crazy either. He knew what he was doing and he knew that it was wrong to do it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This kid had Asperger's which is caused by shooting mercury into the brain with vaccines. Mercury kills brain cells and these kids are extremely messed up. This brain damage by doctors became much worse starting in 1991 when they shot mercury into babies on the day they were born with the HepB shot. There are millions of kids coming of age who are just as screwed up as this kid was. Who knows what they will be capable of? The drugs they give them to manage the behaviors make them worse. The sad thing is that they can cure them by removing the mercury from their brains but the corrupt medical profession refuses to tell the truth about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People are scum. It is that simple. There have always been monsters among us. The population is growing non stop which means there are more monsters being born. People who are just plain broken.

We can blame meds, or guns, or god or whatever. Its just broken people as it always has been.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join