It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set Pro or Anti-Gun Aside. What Is Causing People To Flip Out?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Do not start a pro/anti-gun war in this thread.

I have my own theories why they're flipping out, I think it's the horrible chemicals in the food and air that the mother was exposed to while pregnant, causing poor brain development in the children. Many of those children are currently functioning now because of medicines but think about it. People eat what they can afford and their children get medicines they can afford.. if they can afford. Plus they eat and drink what the government tells them to. Milk? It's so hormone-laden that it's causing our 9-year old daughters to develop breasts. Yet the government says drink it, drink it, drink it, drink it.

I really could go on but I'd rather hear your theories. What do you think?

(DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A GUN DEBATE!!)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is what I'm wondering, something is going on. In the past year we've had people eat other people for a while that was a trend, now people are going on shooting rampages, in china they're stabbing people, the middle east is on fire (As Usual).

I personally think there is a direct correlation between Meds (SSRI's especially) and the behavior of people, they need to look for these during the post mortem as well instead of just looking for scheduled drugs.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I feel this is a huge issue, that has not been addressed - least of all by the Main Stream Media:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The totalitarian Illuminati are whats causing people to flip out. The economic recession. The fact that we are destined for more yet conditioned to accept less. Becoming mentally unstable and fliping out is a symptom of the disease which is the life we lead these days.

Then you have chemtrails. The poisoning of our water supply/food supply with all manner of additional chemicals. Prescription medications that should never have been approved or prescribed. The list goes on and on!

edit on 15-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I had this conversation with my wife a few hours ago....

....basically the average person has been put under more and more stress as they are expected to perform in todays modern world. Those that have underlying mental conditions are the first ones to crack as slowly, but surely, society unravels.....

...methinks we aint seen nothin yet.........

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
We have a current thread on this, here....... www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks
Quad

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Thanks
Quad

Lets let the Mods do their job bro.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Thanks
Quad

Sorry, Quad. The title on that thread was so vague that I didn't realize it was the same thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

That video is fascinating. Thank you for sharing that. ThinkingCap seems to be on the same page. It does seem like it would take the video game end-game thrill out of it.
edit on 15-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Technology causing less interaction between people, disassociation, and poor mental health treatment/diagnosis.

Media pushing it these type of events constantly. Copycats are a real thing.
edit on 15-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Technology causing less interaction between people, disassociation, and poor mental health treatment/diagnosis.

Media pushing it these type of events constantly. Copycats are a real thing.
edit on 15-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

It does seem like the more social media we have the crazier society gets. That is very interesting.

I had a Science teacher once that said humans are inherently social creatures. Maybe the lack of real human interaction is contributing to people losing it. Perhaps iPads, Smart Phones, twitter and FaceBook really aren't a substitute for human interaction.

And you're right. The media attention must currently be giving some neglected Halo-playing kid an idea for his 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Bingo. Right on the money.

They do it because we've made celebrity the name of the game in our society and the mass murdering blaze of infamy is attractive to a certain percentage of the troubled and unstable.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Bingo. Right on the money.

They do it because we've made celebrity the name of the game in our society and the mass murdering blaze of infamy is attractive to a certain percentage of the troubled and unstable.

That's interesting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Despite all the environmental effects from the conflicts with industry self regulation, after working on factory farms the tension does become quite clear with high population densities. It is like there is some organic regulation process at work to limit the overall population for the betterment of the group.

As an example, when you introduce a bacteria to a petri dish it has a great time with lots of lovin, growth and room to move. Then the boundaries of the dish are found and no more room to grow, as the resources become diminished it is time to die. Depending on the bacteria strain this is achieved in different ways like hibernation, cannibalism, evolution or just a slow rotting death. With the diversity and complexity of humans, this is expressed in many different ways, including flipping out.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

So you're thinking maybe the sheer mass of people is triggering some primitive, instinctual flip-out response in some people? That is interesting.

Definitely something to ponder.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

We have a for-profit only healthcare system which means a lot of people will not get the mental healthcare they need.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum

We have a for-profit only healthcare system which means a lot of people will not get the mental healthcare they need.

100% agree on that. If they tried, they could make it cool.. like the anti-smoking ads.. 'are you angry and feel like you want to hurt someone? call us and have a chat! we'd love to hear from you!'.. anything.. they could be doing anything. It would be better than this.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the video... This is deeply pressing.

Notice how at the end of the video... "But-but" from the reporter speaking with him.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I agree with everyone's sentiments thus far. However I also think each countries murderous wacko's have their own angle on how they get there, be it by being downtrodden, ignored, loner, poor etc. In America's case I don't think the whole Martha Stewart ideal of family perfection does it any favours.

Normal suburban family life dusts over the normal daily arguments or crisis with a sugar coating of prozac to maintain an unrealistic ideal. They desperately try to maintain it to conform but the younger generations know full well life isn't like the perfect family in a Disney Christmas film.

If on the outside everything appears to be perfect, whilst poison and resentment brews behind closed doors because you aren't necessarily the perfect child, to go with the perfect house and the perfect parents in the perfect neighbourhood then somethings likely to go horribly wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join