It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't there able to be one moment...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
When I heard the news of the school shooting in Connecticut at work, I knew ATS would be abuzz about this, and lo and behold, all of the top topics are about the school shooting.

AND THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

Are we not able to have a friggin' political debate at this time? For God's sake, twenty children just died, and this is THE BIG PROBLEM?

You couldn't just console one another for even ONE DAY before turning it into a fight?

And I mean, some of the topics! Whether or not Obama was really crying, or if arming our children is the right thing to do.

OF ALL THE MOMENTS, THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO START A SECOND AMENDMENT DEBATE?

For those of you who are still debating on this, read this thread and think on what you're doing. There's a time and place for everything.

Is right now the best time?

THINK ON IT!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Questioning whether Obama's reaction was genuine or not is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I mean even if you couldn't stand the man or you believed that literally every word out of his mouth was a lie I would say pick your battles. The first video that popped up on youtube when I searched for his address was an Alex jones piece about the alleged fakery. I wouldn't watch that if you paid me and I consider myself someone who lends more credence to him then I've seen here at ATS. If your watching the news about such a horrible event and somewhere within the top 10 of thoughts you immediately have is "Obama's faking those emotions" then you may want to rearrange your priorities

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

When would be a better time to discuss gun control laws and a possible change to the 2nd Amendment? Obviously for the family and friends of the victims this may not be the best time, but for everybody else why not? Tomorrow or the next day we'll all be wrapped-up in the newest news du jeur, and this teaching/reflecting moment will have passed.

For the record, I have mixed feelings about more draconian gun control laws. The pro-gun folks in some of these threads have made some good points -- as have gun-control advocates. As regards this particular incident, apparently the guns were owned by the mother, who also was killed -- so much for guns making their owners safer. Also so much for background checks being able to cut down on such incidents.

I think the bigger problem is that American culture is pickled to the gills in violence, so what does one expect when guns are readily available to just about one and all?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I feel for the family's and children without question, and I have said my prayers for them... sorry that is all I can do, what happened has happened and history can't be changed.

What can be changed is the future, that what the debate is about... this event will be used by those against guns; and the 2nd Amendment, most here on ATS know that.

The President spoke today, and I think everybody heard the hint at the end of his talk... that speculation will most likely be about gun control, I could be wrong, but I don't think so... we will see as time passes.

There’s a lot of foresight here on ATS, member are starting to become aware of how the government tries to take advantage of events to get even more control, same thing happened with 9/11... And its escalating at a greater pace today, so I'm I upset about this so called debate, no... I expected it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Do you think I care who has the better argument? Do you believe that's what this thread is about?

So many people just died, little children who were getting ready for the holidays, and now families are destroyed by this tragedy: FOREVER.

I don't CARE what your argument is, what your beliefs are. Honestly, I think that it will never be a good time to use this as evidence for your arguments...

top topics

join