It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-21-2012 - What's REALLY Going to Happen...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nothing.

Why do people think that something is going to happen?

According to many, such as "The Horizon Project" movie, our solar system is going to enter the "galactic rift," which will cause everyone to die.

Counter argument found here.

So, what is the "galactic rift?" Well, within every galaxy you have a black hole. This black hole creates a "gravitational-pancake-effect" that keeps all stars, solar systems, etc., in their proper place. Our solar system consists of the Sun in the middle, and all the planets. Our solar system enters the Milky Ways galactic center every 33 million years. Last time was 3 million years ago, so we still have about 30 million years until we have to worry about this.

Kind of makes you wonder, if life is reduced back to slime every 30 million years, and there really is no God, how can evolution be true?

edit on 15-12-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Oppps. For a second therevi thought this might be the moment I've been waiting for.
Someone who REALLY knows. Instead I get a soft pop up to second.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think nothing will happen. A lot is happening since a the last century, and that's it...
But maybe the sun will fade out for 3 days - the legendary 3 days of darkness - just like Jesus - so many references.
I think there is a cycle, not the end, but a reset of numbers...
Hopefully, our brains will be wiped out of all rigid logic and negativity, and we will finally live within our hearts.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

This black hole creates a "gravitational-pancake-effect" that keeps all stars, solar systems, etc., in their proper place.
Just more nonsense. Gravity has a spherical influence, not planar.
It is angular momentum which creates the plane of Milky Way and the Solar System.

edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lovizall

The Bibles prophecy of Wormwood will not play out (assuming this is the prophecy you are referring to). We would have seen it by now.
edit on 15-12-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
@OP

That has got to be the worst argument against evolution I have ever heard.
And that's saying something considering I've read ATS articles for years lol

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuspendedBelief

Why do people think that something is going to happen?
Most people don't. It is only an extremely small percentage who think/hope that something significant and/or catastrophic will happen.

According to many, such as "The Horizon Project" movie, our solar system is going to enter the "galactic rift," which will cause everyone to die.
Never even heard of that movie.
[color=777777](and I watch a lot of movies)

So, what is the "galactic rift?" Well, within every galaxy you have a black hole. This black hole creates a "gravitational-pancake-effect" that keeps all stars, solar systems, etc., in their proper place.
Can that claim be proven?

Kind of makes you wonder, if life is reduced back to slime every 30 million years, and there really is no God, how can evolution be true?
Slime? I don't know about that.
God? Nope.
Life? Completely meaningless.
Evolution? Doesn't matter. Why not? Because life is meaningless.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This black hole creates a "gravitational-pancake-effect" that keeps all stars, solar systems, etc., in their proper place.
Just more nonsense. Gravity has a spherical influence, not planar.
It is angular momentum which creates the plane of Milky Way and the Solar System.

I've done my research, you haven't. I'm trying to save people some time in deciphering the disinformation.

Skip to 2:57 timestamp...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
@OP

That has got to be the worst argument against evolution I have ever heard.
And that's saying something considering I've read ATS articles for years lol

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I've done my research, you haven't.

Oh.
I see. God did it.
Good research.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

"Can that claim be proven? "

Why else are all galaxies "flat" or "2-dimenstional" in appearance?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

"Can that claim be proven? "

I don't know that they are. I've only seen them in 2-dimensional pics/images.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen ..truly, it's the beginning of the renewal of the Mayan long count calendar..

Want some irony? .. I am an atheist.. I will say I'm agnostic more than anything.. but that's not so much relevant.. I'm a recognized, and licensed minister .. my official title is "father" .. ... with that title I can legally wed people, I can also perform exorcisms .. bless holy water .. and do a number of other things.... ... I label myself an atheist..

The short story is I can sense the people freaking out lately ... I expect NOTHING to happen .. but my friends who believe the end is coming and who know that I am officially "father" .. have asked me to bless them, bless their water... bless their children... fever pitch is maybe not where .. but it's not far off...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

They aren't
www.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

They aren't
www.astro.cornell.edu...

You need to make your own website, or wiki .. In fact I've argued that ATS needs a wiki of it's own where nonsense and fact can be thrown in and chucked out...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

They aren't
www.astro.cornell.edu...

We all believe you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
21 December 2012, predicted to be the end of the world.

Everything is predicted from Armageddon to Economic collapse.

Those who can afford to, are building fortified underground homes or compounds, some are preparing to help their respective communities and some are planning to live as raiders, most are not preparing for anything because they do not believe that anything can destroy the way of life we have developed, with modern technology or they just haven't heard the predictions.

Any meteors on a collision course with Earth could be destroyed by our rockets, Maybe.

An Economic collapse can never happen because the World Bank and various Central Banks will not allow themselves to lose that kind of money, there is no profit in the collapse of the World economy unlike in a controlled collapse of an individual country’s economy.

Armageddon can never happen because the U.S.S.R. has collapsed and the U.S. Economy is swirling around in the toilet, with China not far behind. Because they forgot the unspoken rule of economics, consumers do not consume if they are unemployed and the largest consumer market is the U.S.

Pole shifts have been mentioned as well as solar flares from the sun, both historical fact proven by science but they are dismissed out of hand as geologically improbable, “Really? The world is going to flip over in space, I don’t think so. And as being a temporary and self repairing problem “We have solar flares all the time, it’s not a major problem.” Although a solar maximum could cause major problems with anything electrical.

So what will happen on 21 December 2012? Absolutely Nothing! This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius.
The Earth will pass through the ecliptic with little or no adverse effects. Like it does every 12,960 years from Pisces into Aquarius this time and next time in 12,960 years from Virgo into Leo as we travel through the 25,920 year circle of the zodiac. The Mayan Calendar simply starts over.

One must also realize that there are 360 degrees in this circle and that each degree equals 72 years on earth if the Mayans are off by even one degree or (more Likely) our scientists are off in their calculations because our calendar is so messed up, the actual date that this solar system would pass through the plane of the ecliptic could be off from 8 years to as much as a few hundred years.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Nothing is going to happen ..truly, it's the beginning of the renewal of the Mayan long count calendar..

Want some irony? .. I am an atheist.. I will say I'm agnostic more than anything.. but that's not so much relevant.. I'm a recognized, and licensed minister .. my official title is "father" .. ... with that title I can legally wed people, I can also perform exorcisms .. bless holy water .. and do a number of other things.... ... I label myself an atheist..

The short story is I can sense the people freaking out lately ... I expect NOTHING to happen .. but my friends who believe the end is coming and who know that I am officially "father" .. have asked me to bless them, bless their water... bless their children... fever pitch is maybe not where .. but it's not far off...

According to your avatar pic, you are legally weird.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I'll believe scientists know where and when we were, when I believe that people in the bible actually had a clue at what was going on.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Time is angular?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join