It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers At Be Long Con,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As a frog placed in cool water heated to a boil never realizes that he is in danger, do we as well with the events over the last 10 – 15 years. I don’t believe it that it has actively been older than the Clinton years in this iteration. Now we all know that the powers at be have had designs on the world for a very long time, but I think it is most obvious in the last 15 years. Taken individually, the events do not have an obvious link to each other, but if we start tying them in with a larger view, I hope it will paint an interesting canvass.

Let us start with the first ‘Big’ item on the list, we could go back and discuss de-regulation but why? 9/11, whatever your own personal theory is, let us just say ‘it was a setup’ for whatever reason you might have. 9/11 allowed the government to pull all sides together in one moment and start in-acting some pretty extreme concepts that normally would have been spawned an outrage. However, the ‘party line’ was simply homeland defense, and anyone that spoke up against it was demonized as non-patriotic. We remember the McCarthy style tactics used during that period. The majority of the population bought into the flag waving and fell in line with whatever they gave us as ‘increased security’ regardless of what it eroded. This action equals ‘Loss of Freedom’

This initiated the stock market crash, one so severe it’s like hasn’t been seen in over 70 years. Now this wouldn’t have been such a devastating event to the normal individual except that unlike 20 years previous, the average employee didn’t have a ‘pension’ they had a 401k or investment plan tied to the stock market. We remember this too, so many people lost their life’s saving, the nest egg they had stashed for away for old age. This destroyed what private safety net the average person had, if they had any. Who gained from that, only the few and rich gained off that crash, but I’m not going into those details. ‘Loss of Retirement’

Next came a housing bubble, the value of homes skyrocketed. The average consumer purchased a home at extremely inflated prices. This was ‘good’ initially as people thought they had ‘true’ value, they had a piece of property that was ‘worth’ something. Then the housing bubble popped and now these homes are worthless, absolutely rock bottom prices. The problem was, the owner still had a mortgage at the original rate. This caused a scenario when people started to evaluate what they were paying in against what they were paying for. Now combine that with the big banks using improper foreclosure procedures, and no real need to go into detail as we all remember how the stories that came out from that. However, after the stock crash and before the housing market popped, people said, ‘well honey, we lost our savings, BUT we have a $300,000 house that we can sell when we retire and buy something cheaper and live off the difference’. That was their secondary private safety net. However, now they not only have little value in their home, most actually lost those homes only to be bought up in mass by rich private investors for a song and a dime to be rented back out to those that had previously owned a home. This equates to now instead of putting money into home ownerships, the individual now just rents time in a property. ‘Loss of Land’

Throughout the last decade, fuel prices have gone through the roof due to ‘insanely flimsy’ reasons. We all have looked at some of the excuses and scratched our heads in confusion at the idiocy that they expect us to buy those reasons….Yet we Do. The average individual does not realize that the fuel we purchase now was bought six months to a year previous, and anything that happens now won’t actually effect consumption value for another six months to a year. This causes the average individual to spend more of their paycheck on just getting back and forth to work or anywhere else for that matter. This equates to a ‘Loss of Cash’.

Healthcare, this is a heated topic on both sides and we won’t go into that debate, but will address what it means. This has a number of effects on the average individual. First, the average individual now has to buy in, where previously it was a choice. I personally didn’t have health care for years as a small business owner because I couldn’t afford it. Now that paycheck you have, a portion of it has to go to healthcare whether you like it or not. This equates to a ‘Loss of Cash’ Second effect, now employers are starting to use this as an excuse to cut hours of regular employees from 35-40 hrs per week to whatever is the barely under the minimum for required healthcare provisions. They won’t suffer as they will just hire two people at half time instead of one full time. The work will be done regardless, they will not feel a thing. This equates to a “Loss of Cash”.

With the current flow of employment, unlike 30 years ago when someone took a job based on the ‘perks’, we do not even question perks, we literally ask if the checks will clear and take it on the chin. 9 to 5 used to be the norm, that was an 8 hour shift with paid lunch and breaks. Now, it is an 8 hour shift with non-paid lunches, which means more time at the office. Not a huge deal, but one more nail in the coffin as we have turned the culture to an Employer gets what an Employer wants, and an Employee is ‘Lucky’ to have a job.

To this point, we have lost Freedoms, Retirement, Property, Cash, Cash, and Cash. Over the last decade at the least, it has been a subtle picking at the average individual that paints a much greater picture of what the powers at be intend.

Finally, the last point that raises the real concerns. America is the last bastion of an individual’s right to carry arms with the intent to defend civil liberties against an overbearing government. In the last year, there have been numerous mass shooting scenarios, and yes, many have been discussed here at length with regards to the individual act being a possible false flag. With the most recent one, let us assume Aurora was an inside job. It didn’t gather the fervor that the powers wanted. It just didn’t gain the solidarity toward gun control that 9/11 gained towards homeland security. So they ramped up the game, they aimed at something that would without question gather support. They aimed at children, and not just any children, but very young children in a small community where violence was not likely. Why? First, anyone speaks out against any action to address what happens, these children’s’ faces are thrown up, ‘what, you want this to happen to your child?’ or ‘tell this parent that you are against this.’ Exactly identical to the aftermath of 9/11. Next, even the hardline gun advocates are now screaming for something to be done. Finally, a small community includes everyone, if this happened in Detroit, ‘oh well, that is a rough city, that would never happen here.’ I heard a report today that the last violent crime in that town happened in 2010. Over two years ago. This tells everyone that every community is vulnerable and no one is safe.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is the final act of the Long Con, the one thing that allows us to stand up against our government is the fact that too many people can fight back. We have been nickeled and dimed away from the benefits we once had. Now we do not have a retirement, we lost our home and are now renting, we spend more of our paycheck on necessities, we are working less hours. The end result, we have now created a population of migrant workers. Where the old saying, ‘Another Day, another dollar deeper in debt.’ When a migrant hand would make 5 dollars a day, but would have to buy from the company store 6 dollars a day to survive. The worker was free but never able to buy their way out. Look around, we are the frog and the water is boiling….it is too late.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Dude that's pretty funny. 'The Powers At Be" never heard of that before and i don't understand what it means. However I do know what TPTB means.

I don't see anything in your OP that has not been thought of and discussed to death on here. And how would you know that it's been most visible in the last fifteen years. You'd have to be at least 6000 yrs old to know how obvious TPTB were in our past.

Personally I think it was pretty obvious when the french bannned The illuminati. I also think it was pretty obvious around the great depression in the thirties, around that time they also made movies about it that were mainstream and some of the most famous authors and philosophers have not only discussed it at that time but throughout history. Lets also not forget that in many parts of the world the poor have always been awake.

My point is you can't know how widespread it was back then if you weren't there. However you can state that more people are awake than ever.

join