It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think its time to BAN knives and other sharp objects!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Of course I am NOT serious. With the shootings in recent months that some are calling a run on guns conspiracy, there are also those calling for gun control. My opinion is the guns are not the problem. The problem is an overpopulated world, with some crazy people in it. Look at the kid that killed his father and himself with a bow and arrow. Look at the the man in china that slashed 20 people in a mass killing, also children if I recall? Shoot, last night here in my city, 4 people were sprayed with a flammable liquid from a weed killer sprayer, and set on fire in a robbery attempt! Anyhow, it is clear evidence that heinous crimes can be committed by anyone with the urge to kill, and a blunt object, or perhaps a knife, or a bow, or, you get the idea. So I guess my thread title is more of a question. Is it time to ban ANYTHING that can be used to hurt someone?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

They can have my chisels when they pry them out of my cold dead hands.
Even then they'd better be careful not to damage them.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Certainly they should ban evertything that can be harmful. Of course, that means the end of Major League Baseball, hockey, tennis, lacrosse, polo, golf, and croquet, just from the field of sports. But it's a small price to pay, "Think of the Children!"

In case anyone is drowsy, I'm as serious as the OP's headline.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

They can have my chisels when they pry them out of my cold dead hands.
Even then they'd better be careful not to damage them.

I envisage the conundrum someone must undergo..

How to chisel.. that chisel out of your cold dead hands.
Lol

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, really, a gun is a tool.

It is designed to do something.

And as humans have the nack of improving on things, it's the case that this tool is very very good at what it does.

Sure, you can hammer someone on the nose and it will kill them eventually.

But it's inefficient, and really not doing what the tool was intended for.

A gun, on the other hand... well, I know it might seem possible, but try hammering a nail into some jarrah with one.

Unloaded, of chouarse as we don't want anyone accidentally hammering themselves in the foot!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Agreed, guns aren't the problem, however I don't think you can blame an overpopulated world for what happens in the US...

One thing I don't quite understand, why is it that some firearms are prohibited like assault weapons, full auto machine guns etc. Why? I mean we all know guns aren't the problem so what gives?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
...So I guess my thread title is more of a question. Is it time to ban ANYTHING that can be used to hurt someone?

I totally agree!
Time to ban driving licenses for everyone that doesn't drive...like me.
Time to ban all alcoholic beverages...and everything they could be made from.
Time to ban ergonomically-insufficient keyboards...because of how angry I am becoming at the limitations carpal tunnel is inflicting on my dexterity (I might blow up, one day!!!).
Time to ban movies, games and books that glorify (in any way) guns, knives, letter openers, very-sturdy paperclips, rubber bands (!), and ALL GLASS (to include mirrors) that might be broken and contribute to other mass-killings.

Sick topic. (the mass killings, of late)
It is obvious that - the only way to get enough of the populace (in the US) in agreement with signing-away their Constitutional right to defend themselves...is to get them sympathetic and crying...
Hey - ANYOne can be a terrorist - with the right tools.
(even the neighbors' kids ---- ---- even your kids --- --- even --- YOU).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Apparently it's really difficult to understand - let me explain...knives have a USE in society...knives can be used to do many things, from cut meat to performing surgery...cars also have a function in civillisesd society.

Personally, I don't see a point in banning guns in theUS...a bit late in the day since most maniacs already have one, or can easily get one.

They should just stop selling them to the maniacs, easier said than done, right? I'd be all for the selling of guns to any clown that wants to buy one if they weren't designed purely to destroy and kill anything they're fired at, but they are.

You can't ban something that's so easy to obtain, too late. Anyone who thinks that making statements such as "we should ban knives, too" is ...sorry - a complete idiot...and they know it, too.

An absurd argument, kinda sick hearing it. Makes no sense, you should think before making such fruitless, pointless statements, it's idiotic at best.

I don't want guns banned, just want it to be harder for nutters to get their hands on them, a point I made in another thread...I live in the UK, I wouldn't know where or how to go about getting a gun. I'm sure people can get guns in the UK...I know they can, I can't. And a lot of the nutters I've met over the years couldn't, or they'd have had one, because they were clearly maniacs...and I'm glad the UK maniacs don't have guns, they're bad enough with knives and other implements that actually can be used in a civillised way...I can't do anything with a gun that doesn't involve utter destruction.

Also...why is it acceptable all of a sudden to create hate threads aimed at UK citizens? I don't dislike guns because I'm from the UK and thinnk we're better than everyone else, that's absurd. It's not about nationality, it's about being honest, it's not anyone elses opinion I'm stating it's my own, my nationality matters not one bit.

Kinda bummed that the mods are allowing it to continue, various threads clearly aimed at the UK patrons, it's disgusting and putting me right off ATS. All these people attacking the british are doing is creating a bigger divide...a few years ago I'd have said that was a bad thing...not so sure now.

Just to add, thsi isn't a dig at the OP or anyone else in this thread, I've read over several such threads tonight and am starting to see a kinda worrying trend develop, hope it doesn't continue or get worse.

Sorry.
edit on 27-12-2012 by samerulesapply because: Additional

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So I guess my thread title is more of a question. Is it time to ban ANYTHING that can be used to hurt someone?

That's a bit much... most things that can cause harm require a little effort in order to actually harm someone...

"they" just need to ban weapons that require the twitch of your finger to use...

Lets just return to the days of the sword and shield

new topics

top topics

join