It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban government schools!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
So only people with money can be able to get an education?

No, only people with money can buy a piece of paper that says they're educated. Whether or not that is actually the case is... well, you get my point. Resources with which to become an expert on almost any subject are freely available just about anywhere. Go to the library, you know?

If you're concerned with not having the credentials (which is what you're getting, not an education) universities and employers are looking for, there are plenty of other ways in which to make your talents known. Some of the greatest minds in history had little to no formal schooling, and certainly no "esteemed accredation" from some institution just as corrupt and inept as the government that controls it.
edit on 12/15/12 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Anytime government offers a service it has used force to attain the wealth needed to offer that service. So any service such as education that it offers is brought to people by the use of force. It is a moral issue.

There is an extreme "conflict of interest" when children are put in the hands of the state, any state, to be taught stuff. In our case history is taught so that those presidents who expanded federal power are glorified and learned about. Economics is taught so that kids think that the best and only way to run and economy is with a central bank and fractional reserve banking. Politics is taught so that people view democracy as a good thing and the two party and the republicans and democrats as different parties... When this country is actually a republic and the two parties are philosophically the same.

The school system gets kids accustom to sitting for long hours under the supervision of a state. It gets them accustom to looking to the state for answers and passively accepting them. Its gets them used to an authoritarian environment...

Government schools are in the governments best interest not ours... Protest them by not consenting. Stop turning your kids over to the care of the state.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by crankySamurai
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Economics is taught so that kids think that the best and only way to run and economy is with a central bank and fractional reserve banking.

That statement speaks to the heart of the matter, because actually economics is taught in such a manner as to make "students" completely oblivious to what central banking and fractional reserve credit (debt) systems even are in the first place. The fact that the state never touches monetary theory in their schools isn't because it is too complex for students to understand nor too boring for their attention spans--it is because ignorance of the matter is preferred.

TPTB don't want you to have any idea how badly you're being screwed on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

I agree... Economics is crucial knowledge as it is the main tool used by government the people around government to loot. If there was knowledge of economics a fiat money system would never fly, a central bank would never be permitted and fractional reserve banking wouldn't even exist as it is blatant fraud.

A solid currency is the enemy of thieves and the enemy of a powerful state.
edit on 15-12-2012 by crankySamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

ignorance of the matter is preferred

Ignorance and obedience.

If you were government, would you teach students their right and responsibility to control you? Would you teach them the proper methods to control you? What government wants is obedience and that is gained through maintaining a child's ignorance of the facts.

But its not only government who wants obedience, its also parents who are fed up with their children's penchant for asking why by the time they reach two years old and these parents clamour for earlier and earlier intervention by the "experts". People DO NOT LIKE being asked questions by a two year old that they cannot answer.

I had a friend who put it this way: We spend the first two years of a kid's life teaching them to walk and talk and then we spend the rest of their lives telling them to sit down and shut up.

The only way to "ban" government schools is to get educated ourselves so we can stop living lies and passing those lies on to our children. The same is true with fraudulent currency.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I personally think that education should NEVER be privatized because education isn't suppose to be profitable.
Education is an investment on the future which is something governments should be the ones investing.

And do not counter my argument with corruption in government spendings, this is just another argument all together in which i am very aware of.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

There is an inherent contradiction in the statement "education is not supposed to be profitable"... People learn to profit in the future... For instance I will spend time learning math now because I believe it will benefit me, either immediately or sometime in the future. That is called profit... If you are not learning to profit from knowledge then I'm not sure what you are learning for...

In the sense that you are speaking of, if I am offering knowledge or information that people take to be valuable then I have the right to ask for something of value in return.

If I have learned piano then I have the right to exchange my knowledge of piano for goods from those who want to learn.. The same thing goes for math, electrical engineering, writing ect...

Education is profitable, government schools are not...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crankySamurai

Because corporate controlled education would be better. Imagine how many future customers you could create from the age of 5! Would you want your kid educated by Goldman Sachs, HBC, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America. How about having NIKE in charge of the athletics programs; I wonder where the shoes, uniforms, and equipment come from...NIKE? McDonalds would run the luchroom. DuPont could head up the science department. Halliburton could provide security! Sounds like an Ayn Rand wonderland.

I don't think the current system is all that great, by the way. However, I don't think the public educational system is indoctrinating our children to worship the "Great Leader". We have to cut the crap out of the curriculum, and get back to the fundamentals of literacy, math, science, and humanities.

Don't even get me started on the non-government higher education system.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Education is to be for the search for the truth, to deny ignorance.
Education is not to be for profit. If, during your career, someone values the skills you have, you exchange those skills for a salary.

An education gives you much more than a monetary benefit. Knowledge of how the world works, critical thinking, the ability to apply concepts, and to articulate oneself are all needed throughout a lifetime.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Speaking as a teacher.....

I'm not programming your kids. I'm trying to teach them to read, to write, and to THINK. And it's a damn hard job.

My colleagues and I spend hours every week planning higher order thinking lessons. We attend countless summer training a on how learning occurs, and ways to increase that learning.

We are not sitting in some government facility, making plans to indoctrinate your children.

If you are truly concerned about this, then go visit your child's school. Sit in on a lesson....you have the right to do so.

But please, don't blithely make statements that schools are turning your children into good little soldiers. It's not what I'm doing, nor do I know ANY teachers who are doing so.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

You are assuming that profit only refers to monetary benefit... Profit means an advantages gain... This includes all areas of action and monetary gain is simply a good indicator of a profitable action.

You are also assumes that in the absence of governments schools the only alternative would be corporate schools? If the corporate schools miss taught as much as the government schools then I'm not sure why you would pull your kids out of one and put them in the other...

The idea is to use discernment in where you place your kids... Home schools is always an option... If people started pulling their kids out of government schools a market would open up for alternative places to put them.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm not questioning the intentions of the teachers. Good intentions are not enough... The most atrocious outcomes have come from good intentions.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You are also assumes that in the absence of governments schools the only alternative would be corporate schools? If the corporate schools miss taught as much as the government schools then I'm not sure why you would pull your kids out of one and put them in the other...

Why do people go to walmart? Because its the cheapest.... They are also the only store close in some places, they kill all the competition.

I don't get why libertarians ignore corporate tyranny, it's worse than government tyranny.

edit on 15-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

People go to Walmart because it offers a good product at a low price...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankySamurai

I'm not questioning the intentions of the teachers. Good intentions are not enough... The most atrocious outcomes have come from good intentions.

I assure you...if I thought for a second there was indoctrination or other nefarious plans occurring in my school, I would be extremely vocal about it.

But I don't see it. It's like the boogeyman; people believe it exists, but when you open the closet you find it's empty.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

I don't get this why are we talking about corporate schools?? There's a big difference between a government and a corporation and that is that a government has been giving permission by the majority to initiate force. That makes it more dangerous than a corporation which has no such privileged.

A government is like a corporation with super powers. It is the one that needs to be paid attention too. The corporations may not be that great but they have no were near the power of a government which is openly violent and continues to grow.

Government schools are help them to in this process.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

They teach fractional reserve banking in economics right? In history they paint Lincoln as a saint along with other power grabbing presidents...

They teach you to sit down and shut up, to stand in line. To jump up at the bell and all that good jazz. It is a training ground for obedience. The lessons are planned and requirements met to the state as if they are the best judge of knowledge and wisdom.
edit on 15-12-2012 by crankySamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I teach elementary, we don't do much with economics.

But no. My husband teaches middle and high school...and he requires his students to challenge preconceived notions and take a stand, one way or another. I'll talk to him and get some more specific examples if you are interested.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Could you please stop with the "force" talking points. If there were no government corporations would buy their force. They will kill you if you get in the way of profits. Corporations have already done this to unions in the USA, they hired their own security forced and murdered the picketing union protestors during the industrial revolution. Coca cola did this in modern times.

A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Florida accuses the Coca-Cola Company, its Colombian subsidiary and business affiliates of using paramilitary death squads to murder, torture, kidnap and threaten union leaders at the multinational soft drink manufacturer’s Colombian bottling plants

colombiajournal.org...

Corporations ONLY work on for profit motives, the government doesn't. Some of its policies actually HELP the people...corporations nearly always hurt the people.

edit on 15-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They teach fractional reserve banking in economics right?

Don't know...The economics "type" class I took was more like a business class.

In history they paint Lincoln as a saint along with other power grabbing presidents...

They didn't for me and I graduated a few years ago. Just talked about the civil war and his role in it.

They teach you to sit down and shut up, to stand in line. To jump up at the bell and all that good jazz. It is a training ground for obedience.

Yeah, they do this so you'll be a good little worker and never question the capitalist system in place. They do not wont the people to have control over their own lives.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join