It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see "The Hobbit" yet? Fill me in!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok... i can't wait anymore...

I need details.... was it as good as i hoped it would be?

I've been waiting for this movie to come out for damn near 10 years... and i have to work almost every day til 11 so i won't be seeing it anytime soon..

So please... Gives us the juicy details precious!!

We needs them now!!

edit on 14-12-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Why wait ten years to have your experience ruined by opinions that don't matter.
I can't wait to see it either but going into it knowing nothing is the best way to do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I feel the need to live vicariously through others experiences in middle earth...

I mean... that damn catapillar just sits around and smokes all day... and theres no living with the tweedles in any case...

Im getting sick of that queen of hearts too

Wonderland sucks man... Even a cat needs a break once in a while...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

did you read the book?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ive read the book it was great second only to world war z in my collection, i cannot wait for this flick or all 3 for that matter, everyone be safe at the theaters!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
***Spoiler alert***

He doesn't die.

I'm in the 'keep me in the dark please' camp. The less I know the better. In fact I'm actually going to try and avoid it until they're all out on disc/download.

So with that in mind I must disappear quick sharp and never set foot on this thread again.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I saw it last night, being a big LOTR fan all I can say is it was beyond expectation!
I like found the Hobbit to be much lighter and more fun than the dark LOTR trilogy

As far as resolution and CGI, it is absolutely the beginning of the next generation of
movies, we are now in the age of seamless 3D and the highest definition that our
eyes are capable of seeing...we have almost hit the roof of what is capable on a
screen!

Amazing, to say the least!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightBlue2565

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I literally cannot wait to see this and the only reason I haven't booked tickets yet is because I can't decide whether to watch it in bog-standard 3D or go for the 3D HFR version.... Which did you see?

My dad reckons that some viewers have found the HFR version a bit full-on and that they felt a bit sick watching it....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great film. See it in 48 FPS if offered in your area. It wasn't in mine but I did see it in IMAX 3D and every single shot was like a painting. So beautifully done.

Wonderful little nuggets for hardcore LOTR fans. So very interesting to see how all aspects of the LOTR tale begin to germinate in the events in The Hobbit.

Can't wait to see it again & recommend you see it as soon as possible!

8/10

new topics

top topics

join