It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Breaking: Excalibur hotel in Las Vegas on lockdown. Shooting confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have gotten 2 separate phone calls about a possible shooting in my home town Las Vegas at the Excalibur Hotel.

Anyone else from Vegas know about this?

Ill edit as I find out if this is real
edit on 14-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Metro Police have confirmed a shooting at the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas Friday night. A female has been shot and transported to University Medical Center. The suspected gunman then shot himself, the police said. 8 News NOW will have the latest on this developing story.

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The post above has the same source.

Seems shootings are the theme of the day.
edit on 14-12-2012 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
jeeze. I cant take much more of this

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I have gotten 2 separate phone calls about a possible shooting in my home town Las Vegas at the Excalibur Hotel.

Anyone else from Vegas know about this?

Ill edit as I find out if this is real

Man, I hope this is wrong.

On a side note, that's where I got married.

Found link! Here
edit on 14-12-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Unfortunately it is real. I know things can get worse, but jeeze.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Let's stating making threads updating all the Detriot area shootings. Not just the high profile areas.

And the nearly all white area of CT.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jough626
Let's stating making threads updating all the Detriot area shootings. Not just the high profile areas.

Yes because 18 dead children is on the same level as a drive-by...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jough626

www.freep.com...
Yeah, here is a link to the Detroit Free Press. Just have a look. Kind of a slow day for Detroit but I just saw an article somewheres else about a bunch of young punks shooting up an L train in Chicago over a basketball fued. Whenever there is a mass shooting people want to bring forward every other one they here about. It is sad but this is a dangerous world we live in. All we can do is send our prayers and condolensces to those who have been affected by all trajedies today.

edit on 15/12/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Im sorry my posting about a shooting in my backyard at a famous hotel in the biggest tourist city in our country. If this is your first thought instead of grieving for the victims, then there's an issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Yes because 18 dead children is on the same level as a drive-by...

Agreed...

And isn't that one of the more profound aspects of societal complacency..? We actually compare and analyze these events rather than remedy them.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So I think it is confirmed that it happened at the front desk. Man killed the lady working there and I think a bellman is also shot as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
So I think it is confirmed that it happened at the front desk. Man killed the lady working there and I think a bellman is also shot as well.

That's terrible. It being Vegas I wonder if it was someone who lost bigtime or if there is personal issues involved. There is no doubt our society is degrading and it is my firm belief that this is the issue at the heart of most of the violent acts that are occurring today. We need to repair our society as a whole and things like this would be a very rare occurance.

new topics

top topics

join