It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEADLY AMERICA: "US Averages 20 Mass Shootings A Year" - RT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
oh look, a non-MSM article from RT! is this domestic simply consequential, thus acceptable? a 50% increase in homicides in one year, is rather startling, to lil old me. or is this nothing to becker about, civil unrest.

rt.com...

so, is it just propaganda trying to paint us americans and our model democracy immoral, violent, trigger-happy?

"While the latest massacre has scarred millions of Americans, it's also just another item added to a list of gruesome sprees.

According to an ongoing tally kept by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the United States is experiencing an average of around 20 mass shootings each year.

Virginia Tech in 2007 left 32 people dead. Since 2005, these events are occurring, at least on some scale, in remarkable numbers.

The Aurora incident was already the sixth mass-shooting in the month of July alone. (!)

The homicide rate for June 2012 was 50 percent higher than just a year earlier.

In 2012, more people have been killed in Chicago alone, than the number of US servicemen in Afghanistan.

Children are becoming victims more and more in these communities

If you can have an individual spray bullets where children are playing nearby, there's something wrong."

happy holidays, all!

edit on 14-12-2012 by minnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
interesting, more people die in car accidents, more individuals commit suicide, and more people die from cancer, and now you are stating what? And we should worry about what? Don't have the time, however i do have the time in stating op, your "wagging the tail" and if you are worried about the homengous aggragiate level of society, stop placating msm's bull, and get on the ban wagon of the deaths that happen in a given day, not that of a given year.
best,
edit on 14-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
stating what?

i'm quoting an article.

i was wondering how people feel about this article. its so weird for a replier to pretend i wrote the article and stated what it reported.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
is it just propaganda trying to paint us americans and our model democracy immoral, violent, trigger-happy?

Are you really an American? Or just play one on TV?
Also, the US is not a Democracy.
It's a Constitutional Representative Republic.

happy holidays, all!

You too

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There is a price for freedom. 93 people PER DAY are killed in car crashes in the U.S., and we are not going to restrict driving.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
now that's weird, i looked in the thread discussing massacres, and nobody's reminding each other that more people died in car accidents than massacre X Y or Z

so whats the difference, why are americans so insulted by their own morbid statistics and downplay them with others?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

On a side note..

I wonder which problem is worse????

New studies find that about a million people in Russia die each year from alcohol and tobacco related illnesses. And in several recent years, more than half of all Russian deaths between the ages of 15 and 54 were caused by alcohol.

The average Russian adult drinks 50 bottles of Vodka a Year!

A million people per year. What a sobering statistic......

But really, I shouldn't even compare, because its apples to oranges, or silly facts(mine), to agenda(OP).

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Someone needs to remind Russian RT of Beslan where Americans shootings never had that many fatalities.

Deadly Russia!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

” the Aurora incident is already the sixth mass shooting in the month of July alone.

... wut?

Time line of mass shootings in America since Columbine: Think progress.
School Shootings in the U.S.: Wiki

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
The average Russian adult drinks 50 bottles of Vodka a Year!

See...

Every country has their redeeming quality.

new topics

top topics

join