It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2045 - A New Era For Humanity (plan to put human consciousness into computers)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I found this story a few months ago, through a friend that was so creeped out by it that he started warning everyone he knew to watch out. I did a search and can't find that it's been mentioned before.

The people involved in this project are NASA scientists, Harvard professors, religious leaders, billionaires.. I will post a link to the people that are promoting the project.

At first I thought it was a joke video because it's so preposterous, but it seems to be legit.

Basically, they want to take our consciousness and transfer it to computers so we never die. So creepy. (It's a really long video and it just gets creepier and creepier as it goes.)

In February of 2012 the first Global Future 2045 Congress was held in Moscow. There, over 50 world leading scientists from multiple disciplines met to develop a strategy for the future development of humankind. One of the main goals of the Congress was to construct a global network of scientists to further research on the development of cybernetic technology, with the ultimate goal of transferring a human's individual consciousness to an artificial carrier.

The full quote can be found below their actual video on youtube.

Their main web site: 2045.com...

The people that are formally involved: gf2045.com...

edit on 14-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: corrected a typo

edit on 14-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

I don't want to be downloaded! People are meant to be born, to live, to die, and then move on to whatever comes next.When I die I will live on in the memories of the people who love me, not in a hard drive somewhere. Just the thought of it is preposterous.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i'm on the fence for this one... so i have to say it...

Viral campaign for a movie/tv show????

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Viral campaign for a movie/tv show????
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

That's what I thought when I first saw it also. It didn't seem like something they would really be pitching to the public. But they seem serious about it.

Imagine how much control they would have over us when we're all linked to some mainframe.

They talk on their web site about how it would cost about the same as a new car. It makes me think of ALL the people that currently can't afford a new car. Myself included.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

Basically, they want to take our consciousness and transfer it to computers so we never die.

No no no... not so we never die...

...it's so they can turn us off.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

...it's so they can turn us off.
reply to post by six67seven

Or control us by threatening to. I can picture a Lex Luthor-esque super villian sitting in a high-rise, somewhere, with his finger poised over an 'OFF' button ready for someone to dare to have a free thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This looks like a great scifi movie. If this does happen, it certainly will not be by 2045. More like 2300 to me. I guess they stole the idea off the movie Surrogates.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

i mean there are arguments for both sides...

pro VIRAL: the production value is INSANELY good, like too good for just a business venture or medical thing. We're talking hollywood here.

pro REAL: after some brief googling of the GF2045 site and the names of the people on it, they all seem to have multiple search results, which means that maybe these people are real...

.... or maybe the viral campaign has gone to THAT length to make this authentic.

Overall, just feels "too perfect" to be a real timeline/initiative.. although if real, is scary.

NEXT STEPS ... i'm looking down the cinema pipelines of the major film studios to see if anything with a similar plot line is in the hooper for 2013-2014!
edit on 12/14/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I guess they stole the idea off the movie Surrogates.

It really is eerily similar. Maybe they watched just enough of the movie to steal the idea but left the theater before they saw how terribly wrong it went.

We'll find out if they are real. Their website says that they are having another International Congress Meeting June 15-16 2013 in New York. A lot more will hopefully surface about them at that time.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE

i mean there are arguments for both sides...

pro VIRAL: the production value is INSANELY good, like too good for just a business venture or medical thing. We're talking hollywood here.

pro REAL: after some brief googling of the GF2045 site and the names of the people on it, they all seem to have multiple search results, which means that maybe these people are real...

.... or maybe the viral campaign has gone to THAT length to make this authentic.

Overall, just feels "too perfect" to be a real timeline/initiate.. although if real, is scary.

NEXT STEPS ... i'm looking down the cinema pipelines of the major film studios to see if anything with a similar plot line is in the hooper for 2013-2014!

OK sooo...

BOOM... 20th Century Fox... Robopacolypse ... 2014 release date! source

A journey of human resistance and survival when a powerful new artificial intelligence initiates a globally synchronized uprising of robots and our every-day technology that threatens to wipe out mankind.

Plausible?
edit on 12/14/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

That movie looks like it would be good but it seems like more of an iRobot, machines attack scenario. Neat find, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

i kinda got the"iRobot", "AI" vibe from the video to be honest... i mean really , above all, its WAY to over produced to be legit. If this were a real initiative, it would be far less obvious, don't you agree?

EDIT... and furthermore, doens't the video make an innocent and friendly intro to what conveniently spins out of control into the "globally synchronized uprising of robots and our every-day technology that threatens to wipe out mankind"

***wink wink**
edit on 12/14/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: see "EDIT" note above

...remember, lets keep in mind a GOOD viral campaign solicits discussion and debate, not necessarily the actual plot of the promo'd material!
edit on 12/14/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: more after thoughts!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It does seem oddly well-produced but they have billionaire backers and seem to be trying to recruit scientists to work on it. I don't know. We'll find out, I guess.

It seems like a ton of work went into their website. And it seems to have been kept relatively quiet. I can't imagine it mentioning that many people as research participants and backers, and being up this long, without one of them suing for misuse of their likeness.

And of course you are correct. It could be something as innocent as stirring up public interest in a potential movie. I hope that is the case. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

i love a proper ATS discussion! used to be MUCH more of this!

Kudos Princess Tofu... you're good peeps in my book!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Lol, thanks.

I've always seen conspiracies everywhere. Finding this site was like finding the front door to my house.

The Lone Gunmen in The X-Files were so great, by the way. Sort of gave me the courage to talk to people about weird stuff that may or may not be going on. And to question things.

(Don't even get me started on genetically-modified foods and hormones in dairy that cause our 9-year-old daughters to grow breasts. Will resort in pages of rants about chemicals, industry, big pharm keeping us sick, government allowing it to keep us stupid. That's my hot issue.)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh fer PETE'S SAKE!

1) This isn't a "plan", it's a prediction. This is the result of a big ol' study that ran for a long time with a bunch of smart people trying to figure out what our technology was likely to look like in the mid-term future.

2) They talk about being ABLE to download, not FORCING people to! Good god, where do you folks get this stuff? You sound like a futurist in the 80's told of today's market and saying "So everyone is forced to buy an iPhone?" Sheesh! They also talk about having functional datajacks by 2030, not drilling holes in everyone's heads.

3) It's not "creepy" -- it creeps YOU out. An important distinction. When I read this report, my only thought was that I was born 40 years too soon! And if you don't like it, you won't have to take part. I mean, it'll only be the greatest revolution in human happiness, productivity, prosperity, and opportunity since the invention of the _thumb_ but no one will force you to take part in the post-human revolution. Just be aware that your [great-]grand kids will be utterly alien to you if you do not.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Stunspot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
They'll have this capability before 45. I see it in the next ten years. My luck the computer will catch a virus and I'll be sick all the time.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This would never happen in the next 30 years. As someone else stated, more likely 300 years!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
This would never happen in the next 30 years. As someone else stated, more likely 300 years!

Want to bet?

30 years ago mobile phones hardly existed and were capable of pretty much nothing. Today? They're replacing cameras, navigations and computers. Have you thought 30 years ago this would've been possible at some point? I don't think so. Fact is, technological progress is speeding up. If someone told you 10 years ago that you'll be able to play Vice City on a phone, I doubt you'd believe him. Full HD video just 5 years ago - same thing. We already have robots, they're just still fairly primitive. Each year, though, they're becoming more and more realistic. They've almost perfected the looks. Now it's time to focus on the smarts.

If TPTB will push for this, for whatever reason (control?), it will happen no doubt.

The only thing is, I don't think that transferring a human consciousness is doable. Souls can't operate in dead bodies. Or can they (Greys)?
edit on 25/12/12 by Cybernet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think Stephen Hawking won't mind.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join