It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country Music which tells a story....New or Old post your favs.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
Country music to me teaches life lessons or tells a profound story that touches you. Please post your favorites.

DaphneApollo - Thanks for the opportunity.
This one (or - these) is kinda "out there" for some old-timey Country fans...but, I've loved Alison Krause since first seeing her blue-grassing it in the 80's. When I saw that she and Robert Plant had done something together, I figured she would surely outshine him (with the years on his voice)...but, wow - they were outstanding together.
...here "Please Read The Letter".

And, I don't know if there is a video for this song (aside from what I'm posting...which is just a bunch of "slides")...but, my favorite from the compilation is/was - "Nothing"

edit on 3/11/2013 by WanDash because: Paretheticals

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thank you so much for adding these. I have never heard either one, but I love Alison Krauss, she is so beautiful, and seems to get more so with age. She can play that fiddle. It seems odd that Robert Plant would go toward this genre the second one even has his old with a bit of fiddle in it too.

Those were truly lovely. I would give you several stars if I could....

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Brooks & Dunn - Believe

Amen and Amen......

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

tanda7, thanks for the bump........I do remember that song Harper Valley PTA too..

(((((((((Huggggs)))))))) and Lubs..............

edit on 12-3-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Buster2010, the Cash song was awesome.

Waylon and Jewel

One for my next best friend, where ever you may be tonight.

One for all the Cossacks on the run.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
One of the best songs that Diamond Rio ever performed.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

This one doesn't tell a story with lyrics but it's fun to watch Brisco Darlin flirt with Aunt Bee.

(((((((((Huggggs)))))))) and Lubs..........
Right back atcha Mama.

edit on 6-4-2013 by tanda7 because: HugggsandLubs

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home

We're all just passing through....this earth school. . . .learn, love, give....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Charlie Parker, the jazz sax player listened to country music. One day one of his friends asked him why are you listening to that stuff? Parker answered, "The stories man. The stories."

I wanted to include a song that implies a story, rather than telling it start to finish. This was the breakout song for a young lady from Tennessee and I cannot possibly communicate how hard hit I was when I first heard it . . . on the radio. No visuals, just the music and the voice. The voice, the attitude, the warmth and love that flowed through that beautiful voice.

This video has some startling visuals, but I ignore all but a couple of them and focus on that beautiful voice.

edit on 10-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How about a change of pace with some bluegrass.

Dudley Connell, Rich Underwood, David McLaughlin, Larry Robbins, and the one and only Eddie Stubbs on the fiddle. From that "Old Schoolhouse" in Lucketts, Virginia. Here is the Johnson Mountain Boys with the "Georgia Stomp."

edit on 12-4-2013 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Glad you brought in Bluegrass. Change of pace was needed. This band caught my attention a few years ago;

Cherryholmes: From California

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This one is a bit newer compared to a lot of the others that have been posted, and many are excellent btw.

This one touched me because I cant count how many times I have wanted to go back and see the ghost of memories in my homes I suppose. I've been able to drive by but not go in. Im sure many here can relate. Sorry, cant help the ad in the beginning, but I thought her video gave more to the story

While Im here, Im kind of surprised no one posted Roy Orbisons "Crying." I really love this version with KD Lang. The harmonies are wonderful. I dont think KD Lang ever got enough credit for her awesome voice in the country world, but thats another story....

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I love that Miranda Lambert "The House that built me" song. Never heard it before, just beautiful.

I'm fortunate my mom still owns the house we kids grew up in, and we can go anytime we want, but don't. We now live in the country away from the city. KD Lang, I like her voice too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join