It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Gun Control Advocates

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuts2Bananas

How many Anti-Gun Nuts are driving around drunk? Your comment comes off like you have some real numbers linking Anti-Gun nuts to Drunk Driving... Maybe just a case of you personally knowing these people.

Yes, I personally know someone who has been posting and ranting non stop on Facebook about banning guns.

They are a bartender and they don't see the harm that alcohol has caused to people and families.

I am by no means saying that all gun control advocates are hypocrites.

In fact many make reasonable and rational points that can agree with.

I'm talking about extremists who are blinded with rage and spouting ridiculously from their soap box.

My thoughts in the OP came from my conversations with that person and also reading other comments here.

The idea of banning guns sounds just as ridiculous to me as people using guns to defend against a tank or plane.

edit on 15-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Um... the situation isn't that bad, thankfully, to need to overthrow the government.

But look at America's track record with this "largest military in the world".... we seem to loose an awful lot of wars, no?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Occult and the satanic underground just want unarmed victums. That's all it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You anti gun nuts are something else you always base your points on stories about broken societies and blah blah blah blah ..HOW bout instead of you shoving your bs ideas down our throats you give us solid number sour point to nations on earth where citizens who are not allowed to own guns have the same freedoms we do ...YOu are diluted guns arent the problem morons like you who run , hide and and do anything in your power to twist the issue around to suit your own foolish view points .....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Great read. As I said in other threads, if anything they should make background checks more in depth. I would even be fine with a waiting period between buying the weapon and having it in your hands.

On a side note I noticed there are a few veterans posting on this thread. Being a vet myself I thank you for all you have done, and dont forget - we took an oath to protect this country from its enemies...external AND internal.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Another strange reaction I have heard from a lot of people calling for guns to banned.

In the same breath they will describe how they wish the shooter had lived so they could personally torture him.

They say things like, "death is too good for that coward"..

Really?

I mean it's one thing for a peaceful person who doesn't like guns or violence to want stronger gun laws.

But some of these anti-gun nut jobs seem to be just as violent if not more than the crazy gunmen.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"Gun Crime Soars in England Where Guns Are Banned"

link townhall.com...

Now don't bitch at me this is quote from link, if you want to bitch, bitch at link.
edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: ,

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Thank you. I was just email bombed with petitions for gun control. In reaction, I came to ATS looking for a thread like this. I am far left. I'm all about the feel good. Of course I think the problem is society and not the weaponry. Are we banning knives yet?

The visible left wing doesn't represent me. It feels just as fake and power hungry as the visible right wing. I'm pretty sure if we all ignored the party spokespeople, we'd find lots of common ground. The wings are playing us against each other like we're sports teams.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
You anti gun nuts are something else you always base your points on stories about broken societies and blah blah blah blah ..HOW bout instead of you shoving your bs ideas down our throats you give us solid number sour point to nations on earth where citizens who are not allowed to own guns have the same freedoms we do ...YOu are diluted guns arent the problem morons like you who run , hide and and do anything in your power to twist the issue around to suit your own foolish view points .....

Uh I have been giving solid numbers about a nation I live in where I am not permitted to own pistols or rifles but yet somehow I remain more free than you guys. Hell I can even visit Cuba without committing a criminal offence!

Perhaps you should read the thread instead of just spouting rhetoric against an idea you don't fully understand?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
For those outside the U.S. that think we all can buy guns at the nearest convenient store, Connecticut has one of the toughest gun control laws in the entire United States.

To buy a gun, Connecticut law requires residents apply for a local permit, typically with the town’s police chief, have their fingerprints taken and submit to a state and federal background check with a 14-day waiting period. To buy a handgun, residents also are required to take a gun safety course.

Link to Source: Connecticut gun laws among the toughest in the U.S.

Actual Connecticut Gun Laws

Yet this still happened. I am still trying to find information how he obtained the weapons. However, I did discover that the locked door to the school (where he entered) was insecure by having a glass WINDOW within reach of the inside door knob. He shot out the window, then reached in to unlock it!

I know many that are responsible gun owners, lock their guns in a gun safe, and locate the ammo separate from the gun. Also, if you think hard, isn't it the ammunition that it the most dangerous part of the equation here? I live in the U.S. am a 2nd Amendment supporter, but am appalled that it is so easy to buy ammunition...a heck of a lot easier than a gun. But, I hear nobody screaming for "Ammo Control"....ever.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Krakatoa because: Added link to CT gun law PDF.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

It sounds like you're doing your best as a parent. I don't envy you that task. Please, endure.

When I submitted my pistol permit paperwork, out of approximately 7 pages of the application were releases of my medical health records, including any mental health records. I was treated for mild anxiety and depression several years ago, which prompted the sheriff investigator to look into. We had several conversations about my mental health, if any of the treatments were mandated by county or state, and if I was currently being treated, including any medications. Now that was a thorough application process. Even though it took six months, I believe the process has the good of the people in mind, the protection of the public. Was it a giant pain in the ass for me, yes, but I didn't have anything to hide so it's cool.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think, wherever one lives when it comes to democratic countries, that the laws are more than sufficient. We don't need more laws. What we need is more education, and in the case of U.S.A. and Canada, FAR stiffer penalties.

I know a man, shot and killed his "associate" that owed him money. Buried him, used lyme to help the decomposition of his body. In court, he said they were "hunting", and he thought his friend was a moose. He shot him in the back of the head with a bow.

He said he panicked and buried the body. He said he was sorry. He was sentenced to 5 years for careless use of a weapon causing death. He served 3 years.

My uncle, drank a lot, drove semi truck. Drunk, killed a family heading home after a vacation. I was 4. I remember him coming to my 6th birthday after I was told he was overseas "working". 2 years. Really?

No wonder criminals don't care about our laws. More laws will equal a population requested policed state.

Have fun with that.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Compared to New York's process, CT's process pales in comparison. The problem in the CT case was that he used somebody else's guns. Sure the kid's mother was vetted without any problems but he was able to get ahold of them. Without knowing the details of how exactly he obtained, the problem here is those guns weren't secure enough. That throws a wrench into everything. The laws didn't fail, the person who should have had those weapons secured failed. I know he killed her too, which is tragic.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Please read the following petition:

Link to Petition

If you agree with it, please sign and share it, as it needs 150 signatures to become publicly searchable.

This is the text of the petition:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

It is the acts of humans, the few and deranged, that cause these tragic events to occur. While it may be politically and emotionally expedient to blame guns for violence, we must recognize and acknowledge that guns are not the cause, merely the symptom. It becomes of the utmost importance that we protect the Second Amendment of the US Constitution from those who fall victim to cognitive dissonance on this subject.

Many American rights and privileges have been subverted or excised, e.g. the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, & the 14th Amendments, & Sections 8, 9, & 10, Article One of the constitution.

We can ill afford to give up the Second Amendment.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.gunfacts.info...

Come back to me when you gun-control peeps ACTUALLY read through all that. It pretty much explains every debatable concept of guns for the past century, if not, more.

It really urks me that 70% of ever UK person I meet instantly labels me as "violent", as if racism couldn't be any worse. If I remember correctly, it was YOU people that conquered about more than half of the world to expand your riches "The sun never sets in Britain" as they used to say isn't it? Also, from what I learned in world history class, it was you people that added massive fuel to the fire for this Islam/Hindu war by telling stories to each side about how so so put cow in this, or so and so put pigs in that. And it was GREAT BRITAIN that was so opposed to Gandhi's ideals. And I'm pretty sure Gandhi was India's version of JFK in terms of a high conspiracy for a British agenda to rid him of uniting India back then from what I see.

And for those who oppose guns so, remember that when the American Revolution occurred, we had next to NOTHING, those who had guns were the only able to fight. It wasn't until the French gave us equipment, support, and training, that we turned the tides. And fast forward to the French Revolution, still considered the "bloodiest revolution" in history, which took place at home base, so of course the military concentration was much larger. And the French citizens actually broke into an armory to equip themselves. So even the French were ill equipped at first, and weren't equipped for war to begin with, yet a military protected armory becomes overrun and ultimate violence spurts out like gushers. It was the French people's pure lust for blood for revenge of corrupted power and ill-civilized organisation that caused such bloodshed.

And to those that want to say that was over 2-3 centuries ago. We are still the people that we were then, if it comes to be, people will become violent, and they WILL find ways of promoting violence whether it be a knife or baseball.

I have reason to believe that we haven't evolved from our sense of logic, it is the higher powers that have evolved in manipulation. The mass media is just shilling out these stupid reports in an attempt to fuel an ongoing agenda. They hardly ever report anything more important. They ALWAYS want to report something that will get the American people, AND the world going. And sadly we believe it, and it scares me. I don't see how we can be so gullible when this same media finds it so alarming that Tom Cruise divorces so and so, or that Justin Bieber had sexual intercourse with Selena Gomez and now she's having twins... Divorces and births happen everyday. And if you wanna report about divorce, how bout you start talking about how the U.S has the highest divorce rate in the world. And we don't even need data to prove it, divorce is no different that breaking up with our 3rd girlfriend nowadays that it is sickening.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Star and Flag for you bub.

to comment, in a positive way:

These people are either crazy, violent, angry, emotionally disturbed or all of the above. Their problems didn't begin the moment they acquired a gun. In fact, I would guess that their problems began long before the day they snapped and went on their deadly rampages. Shouldn't we place the blame on all the factors that led up to these senseless tragedies and not just gun control?

They just either lost their heart, or they view money as the only God to worship. Much less, they were programmed/instructed to act a certain way, which leaves me in sorrow on how weak-minded of a people we have become.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
You anti gun nuts are something else you always base your points on stories about broken societies and blah blah blah blah ..HOW bout instead of you shoving your bs ideas down our throats you give us solid number sour point to nations on earth where citizens who are not allowed to own guns have the same freedoms we do ...

I'm not completely anti gun so maybe I shouldn't answer here but try this

Australia dip stick

We have heavy gun laws, if we live on a farm or need to have a gun, then we can apply for and get one after crim checks, If we want to belong to a pistol club or rifle club, we can. But we don't have every tom DICK and harry just collecting firearms like ornaments. Your tough words are hollow and useless. But don't panic, the loudmouth yank gun lobby will win out. Your society is flawed due to the arrogance and pseudo toughness of wannabe matt dillons and wyatt earps

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Attention Europeans: you have absolutley no place to speak about the alleged "Broken American Society"

Every year communities in some country in the EU break out into riots causing may carnage and death. And we are not talking about the cesspools like Romania or Bulgaria, or even Greece. It happens in Britain, Spain and France as well and most recently in the Netherlands. We have all seen it on the global news. Youths enraged at the status quo of their European host nation. It would seem to me most of Europe on the community level is in more # than the majority of America.

We Americans understand your all just jealous that half your countries are still run under Monarchy. And to believe those Kings and Queens, Dukes and Lords have are merely for show is as ignorant as telling us we have problems with guns.

The FBI statistics alone show that murders and gun crimes are down year after year for about two decades now, while gun ownership is reaching unprecedant levels. Even accidental gun deaths go down year after year.

Yet because a single maniac decides to be a modern day instant Jack the Ripper with a gun, the fools would rather blame the gun?

You should be blaming the legally prescribed medications of one variation or another that almost every maniac shooter is usually under. It isnt any particular med, just the fact that most of these shooters are under some form of medication. Would it not reasonably make sense that things than can change the chemical balances in someones head and cause them to snap?

Before we continue to blame guns for crime, even though FBI statistics show violent crimes involving firearms is continually on decline with record increased gun ownership, perhaps we should continue to find out what happens when an entire population is cutoff from even the most basic and supposedly benign legal prescription drugs. See how violent the people will actually get.

My sons elementry school has two armed gaurds on campus at all times, and I am not in a high crime city or a high crime neighborhood. We must allow, no we must MANDATE that all schools, hospitals, and place of public gathering be patrolled by armed gaurds, and permit concealed carry at any and all functions outside of a courthouse or airport terminals of course.
edit on 12/15/2012 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Why do gun advocates want to make the conversation about anything other than guns?

Instead of guns, lets talk about automobiles.

Instead of guns, lets talk about knives.

Instead of guns, lets talk about video games.

Instead of guns, lets talk about society.

Instead of guns, lets talk about politics.

Instead of guns, lets talk about Human nature.

I am not anti-gun, I've served in our armed forces. I've been prepared to use guns in self defense and in the defense of others. That being said we need to get a handle on the gun violence in America and that conversation cannot take place if we can't even talk about the role these weapons play in the problem and be willing to say "Yes, they are -part- of the problem."
edit on 15-12-2012 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

This is one of the most articulate post on this subject I have ever read. Great job!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join