It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Gun Control Advocates

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Smell that gunpowder? Thats the smell of freedom!

America is so badass people from all around the world will continue to try with extreme prejudice to convince our citizens that we are lost, have no hope, and to abandon our government. Well i say DAMN THAT! See them kids up there in those videos, those are our future killers! The reason we so good at taking the worlds land and resources is because we know what it takes. It takes generations of people born and bred into the violence of guns to build the level of expertise our nations citizen possess to furnish the armed forces required to do what we do. We are not giving it up either. Keep talking crap about us, and the American empire will be adding real estate in Europe too. Gun control will never get where it needs to be to pacify the hippies because it would interfere with our startegy of indoctrination into warfare.

SO buy your guns AMERICA!! Buy as many as you need, upgrade annualy to new models when financially feasable! Our future depends on our kids respecting and knowing the firearm, for they will carry it into the heartlands of our enemies and destroy them before they even had a chance to carry out their plans to interfere with Americas interests.

Yea im being an obvious troll, and what! I believe strongly in everything I just said.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by exponent

My comment about muslims was not racist and I would think better of you to imply that. The IRA was the issue with protest and terror and know it is muslims that protest with some terror. Here is a simple find of a link. YOU said they were scary not me . I See watch you tried.

Saying that you want a gun because of 'the muslims' is racist. The rest of this paragraph doesn't make any sense.

Over 20 killed in China with a knife this week. Yes, it happens.

Really? It was 20 injured. So far I don't think any have died. What was your point again?

gee exponent, don't you know he had semi automatic knives

(said with tongue in cheek for those who didn't pick it up)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

They regularly do so in middle eastern countries. It's why the US has been entrenched there for more than a decade. Please tell me more about how poorly equipped militias can't fight modern militaries.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIllusiveMan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

-Ronald Reagan

That's a good quote and for the most part I agree.

Society is not guilty for the actions of individuals.

But society should be responsible for improving the conditions of it's citizens.

Something that IMO has been on a steep decline in the recent past.

When money and power is able to supercede the common law we all are supposed to live by.

Something is wrong. Banks and corporations are getting away with crimes against humanity.

I would like to link to another thread posted as an example of what is wrong with the society we live in today.

This thread deserves some attention.

Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a JOKE

Source< br />

Despite the fact that HSBC admitted to laundering billions of dollars for Colombian and Mexican drug cartels (among others) and violating a host of important banking laws (from the Bank Secrecy Act to the Trading With the Enemy Act), Breuer and his Justice Department elected not to pursue criminal prosecutions of the bank, opting instead for a "record" financial settlement of $1.9 billion, which as one analyst noted is about five weeks of income for the bank.

Though this was not stated explicitly, the government's rationale in not pursuing criminal prosecutions against the bank was apparently rooted in concerns that putting executives from a "systemically important institution" in jail for drug laundering would threaten the stability of the financial system.

edit on 16-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: add link and ex quote

edit on 16-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
gun ban=civil war=UN troops shooting our neighborhoods up with predator drones.

Gun ban may equal civil war, but why would UN troops/predator drones get involved? Why would the UN or any outsider care whether a US government can effectively implement its own laws, constitutional or otherwise?
edit on 16-12-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I can list one, it occured on the same date. 22 kids in a school in china were stabbed by some nutjob. No one was armed, and he did alot of damage. Conneticut has strict gun control laws. He is reported to have attempted to buy a wepon a few days before the shooting (indicating a premeditation in his actions) and was denied due to his mental health problems being in the database. The sick bastard had to kill his own mother and steal her guns to aquire them. Gun control did not stop him for very long. I support background checks for firearms purchases, I do not support bans of any kind.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Perhaps because those very outside agencies you speak of have been quoted repeatedly of their desire to integrate the United States into their idea of global governance. Perhaps because these same fellows have said the greatest obstacle to a true global economy has always been the United States. It would seem to be in their interest to act in such a way, would you not agree?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

Originally posted by spangledbanner
Arent the people that own guns for protection the ones living in fear?

Any country in Europe or UK has lower gun crime than America. Lower deaths from guns. Way lower. People in Europe and the UK are not so very afraid of criminals I guess.

Do American's really think they can overthrow a government that has the largest military in the world? Thats stupid.

Isnt the American Government already tyrannical?

I am a gun owner and I wouldn't say I'm living in fear. I don't really spend time worrying about what is going to happen. But it is good to be prepared.

I like knowing if I am out somewhere and some psychopath comes in shooting people, I at least have a chance to try and do something about it.

LOL - "I am not living in fear......but if I am out somewhere and some psychopath comes in shooting people"

Man you ARE living in fear. Honestly you go out with your gun in case someone else comes out with their gun.

The fact you go out with a gun at all tells me that I wouldn't want to live in your society at all ever.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hequick

He is reported to have attempted to buy a wepon a few days before the shooting (indicating a premeditation in his actions) and was denied due to his mental health problems being in the database. The sick bastard had to kill his own mother and steal her guns to aquire them. Gun control did not stop him for very long. I support background checks for firearms purchases, I do not support bans of any kind.

So what you're saying is that gun control checks were in place and stopped him from buying a gun.

But since guns are so readily available anyway in the US he just went and stole his mothers. So the gun control bit didn't work, since he easily found an alternative source.

And your solution is to have background checks (i.e. gun control checks).

Lanza has already shown how easy it is to get around that, it doesn't work.

However, if guns had been banned, then his mother wouldn't have had any to steal, and therefore this wouldn't have happened.

On a side note, I keep hearing people saying "the bad guys have guns," meaning criminals.

What percentage of the population do you think make up the "bad guys" or criminals?

If it's say 1% of the population, then there's 1/100th the chance that one of them will be a whacko who's happy to go and shoot kids in a school, compared to the "normal" population.

So if you disarm the law abiding 99%..... you can see the math, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

How is he living in fear when he goes about his daily living with the very thing YOUR afraid of? Are you lacking that much sense that DO happen? What about the 22 kids in china who were brutaly stabbed the same day the shooting took place?

Nevermind. Those kinds of people dont exist to you. To you, gun owners are the same as mass murders. I have no reason to reapect you or your oppinion. You only want to lock people up. just to feed your ego.
edit on 16-12-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hequick
reply to post by Observor

Perhaps because those very outside agencies you speak of have been quoted repeatedly of their desire to integrate the United States into their idea of global governance. Perhaps because these same fellows have said the greatest obstacle to a true global economy has always been the United States. It would seem to be in their interest to act in such a way, would you not agree?

The UN has no forces or military hardware of its own. The military hardware and personnel required for any specific mission are contributed by the member countries. So for the UN forces to land in any country, a resolution must be passed in the Security Council (of which the US is a veto-weilding member) stating the nature and objectives of the mission, the different member states agree to contribute the manpower, hardware and finances required to do it.

But most importantly the US must not veto such a resolution, meaning the US must first admit to having a problem that is beyond its resources to handle and needs international assistance to do so.

When do you expect such an admission to be made? Immediately after imposing a gun ban or after the civil war has progressed for a longtime and the government was ineffective in bringing the armed opponents to fall in line? If the US government with its mighty military apparatus cannot defeat the armed opponents, why would others want to waste their men and material attempting it?

If there are outside interests that are conspiring to make the US do something against their will, they won't be in a hurry to end the civil war. Instead they would prefer a prolonged civil war which ultimately weakens the US and the remaining beg for outside intervention to mediate a truce and probably some kind of redrawing the map of the US into multiple sovereign states.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
reply to post by Power_Semi

How is he living in fear when he goes about his daily living with the very thing YOUR afraid of? Are you lacking that much sense that DO happen? What about the 22 kids in china who were brutaly stabbed the same day the shooting took place?

They're still alive though, if that crazy had a gun, there would probably be another 22 sets of mourning parents.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Gun control only equates to taking away a normal citizens constitutional rights to defend himself from criminals, a rogue anti-constitutional government and self sustenance via hunting. In my opinion, by law, this mother shouldn't have even been able to keep weapons in the house while her pathetic nut-job son lived there. The days of drugging up these nut-jobs with anti-psychotics and other medications and entrusting them to live normally amongst normal civilized people should be examined very closely. A return to long term institutionalization for these mental cases is needed as it once was a few decades ago.

I put as much trust in a psychiatrist armed with a prescription pad to protect society from these useless psychotics as I do the U.N. with millions of dollars to fight famine in Africa. Just lock these extreme nut cases up and let the rest of us lead normal lives.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Why do you want a gun?

Have you ever been attacked?

Have you ever been burgled?

Have you ever seen another person get shot?

Have you even seen a fight?

In 30 odd years I have only seen one stabbing incident (a stab to the arm). Two fights and no gunshot incidents at all and I live in London!

Do I feel the need for a gun? I did think about it for a while when I used to read the papers and saw all what was going on or supposedly going on.... but NO, I don't feel the need for one. One poster mentioned FEAR, yes, I agree.... I think the American people live in FEAR!!!

I think the problem lies with the Media really, they seem to boost what people fear most and that causes people like yourself to want to go get a gun!

And btw, I think it is now too late to try get some gun control in order for you guys in the USA.... there are way too many guns on the streets and then you would be living in FEAR because all the gangs and thugs will have plenty of guns!!
Y
You have tons of criminals, gangs and thugs BECAUSE you have lax gun controls...... this is the problem and you've let it go too far......
edit on 16-12-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

""Why do you want a gun?""

Because shooting sports are very fun and competitive, especially skeet. I enjoy hunting in the outdoors and can feed myself with the meat I harvest. I live in an area with bears and coyotes and sometimes they can be a dangerous problem. To protect myself, my property and my freedom. In a "SHTF" situation I will be able to survive. It's my right.

""Have you ever been attacked?""

Yes, multiple times while working in the city, robbed at knife point and charged by an asinine liberal justice system for chasing after the criminal and breaking his arm, the charges were later dropped. If I had the right like Americans have to CCW a sidearm I would have used it without hesitation or remorse.

""Have you ever been burgled?""

Yes, see above. And my home was broken into once while living in Toronto. It's a good thing I wasn't home or the intruder would have received either a 12 gauge rubber baton round to the chest or rock salt shell.

""Have you ever seen another person get shot?""

Yes, while on duty in Cyprus overseas.

""Have you even seen a fight?""

Of course, drunks fight all the time in downtown Toronto, I lived right around the corner from the "entertainment district" before moving back up north and used to piss myself laughing watching the retards try and hit each other while stumbling in the street. Saw quite a few in high school too.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

It is the smell of freedom; the same smell that covered all of Europe in TWO World Wars that USA did not start but came anyway and bled the ground red to make sure you are frre today so you can dribble your hate of us. I am over 50 years old and have lived in Europe and Asia; worked for German and British companies; still work for a British company; my best friends are European; my wife is Asian and my daughter is Asian American. So when you begin to nash your teeth and bash me think about that fist okay? I would bet that more people are harmed at soccer games each year in Europe than all of the US sports combined! Same people who spew your nonsense are the same who beat their own over a stupid game! You (Europe) are no different than the States; both have loving and caring people and both have bad people.
My ancestors have fought in every war and many died or been POW's; I was a U.S Army Ranger 11B-1P and I was a sniper and yes to your questions I have seen many men die and yes I have killed myself. People who kill like this nut did are cowards; it is not hard to pull a trigger and then turn it on yourself so you face no justice. Guns are not the problem it is the people!!! Have ever lived the the States? or do you just watch the stupid box and believe what you hear? The vast majority of Americans are caring people; who are the first people in the world to help when tragedy strikes????? Americans!!!!!! Who has protected Europe for 60+ years? Americans!! You must be very young or missed history class in school. You would be speaking German or Russian right now if it was not for Americans and so would the best of Europe. As far as the USA being part of Europes realistate ....LOL!!!!! It does not merit a long reply! I think the US should step aside on the world stage and let's see Europe and the rest of the free world take care of itself; then call us in a decade and let us know how's that working out??? It would not be two years and we would masses gathered at our shores seeking to become part of this terrible country as you say!!! Gp play a video game or tweet, text, or just look at the pretty pictures on you smart phone.. your better off that way because your opioin is weak!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
I thought gun safes were required ?

I'm loving all these gentlemen from the UK trying to tell us why Americans shouldn't be able to own guns..

When they most likely live in a city, far from 'the woods' and all the dangerous animals that live in America that would gladly eat the same children the foreigners want to protect from guns, who are protected with guns.

And I don't even like guns..
edit on 15-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

What animals you refer to? Bears? Puma? Snakes? Man those are not dangerous... Please link something! There is no animal in America which kills if not threatened...
My uncle is a Trapper up north in Alberta, near the oilsandfields. He trains the people survival in the woods, especially for those oil employees. He rarely uses a gun and his farm is protected by dogs. He knows that most people can't handle guns and he, who has a real use for guns, supports that guns doesnt make earth a better place. Guns keeps humanity seperated through fear.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Loki420th because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
On the surface it may seem crazy but the reality is that more guns will prevent mass murders. These crazed individuals only strike where they know there are no guns. That town had a ban on guns so they left themselves defenseless. They were an easy target for that deranged coward. If criminals think someone might have a gun they move on. Arm law abiding citizens and violent crime will be less, not more. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes but i live in a town that most people have guns. We have no gun crime. Maybe once in a blue moon. I recall one incident about 3 years ago and thats it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
On the surface it may seem crazy but the reality is that more guns will prevent mass murders. These crazed individuals only strike where they know there are no guns. That town had a ban on guns so they left themselves defenseless. They were an easy target for that deranged coward. If criminals think someone might have a gun they move on. Arm law abiding citizens and violent crime will be less, not more. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes but i live in a town that most people have guns. We have no gun crime. Maybe once in a blue moon. I recall one incident about 3 years ago and thats it.

...3 years ago??? I live in a city where only hunters with a permission for guns can own guns and use em. There has never been an incident. The 5 next cities arround propably didn't have an incident for at least 23 years either. Think more into it, why should be there any incident? Nobody has a gun and nobody has to fear a gun. Actualy we are quite happy and don't have massacres...
edit on 16-12-2012 by Loki420th because: add

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki420th

The incident was a breakin in the middle of the night. The owner had a gun but it misfired. It was 2 drug addidcts (meth) that killed him. Drugs are a problem here. One very bad incident happened to an 80 year old couple. They had no weapon. They were in bed when 2 men broke into their home. Ransacked it and raped his wife while he was forced to watch. I'm sorry but there are evil people in the world and it is wise to have some means of protecting your family. If you can magically make the bad people disapear please do.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join