It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Gun Control Advocates

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Remember the same was in Russia - google for Vinogradov + Rigla!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by troparevo
Remember the same was in Russia - google for Vinogradov + Rigla!

love for others, always starts with love for oneself.
if you hate yourself, gonna be real hard to love anybody else.
it's like a prescription for tearing a country apart one student at a time.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is that banning "items" isn't going to fix anything. Ban guns. Hell, lets say we could push a button and EVERY firearm on the earth would vanish. Great. The knowledge of how to make guns is still out there. The materials are out there. Someone is going to go "...hmmm... I know how to make guns... and I like money... I'm going to make guns and sell them to people." Who's going to stop him? Cops can't just waltz into his home and start looking around without cause. He could create tons and tons of guns without anyone ever knowing.

So now, criminals (which they would technically be, since guns are outlawed) are going to own the guns and no-one would know about it. Eventually, those guns would be used for crime, and the world would go "Gee, I thought EVERY GUN on the earth was gone. If the criminals have guns, I guess good people should start making guns again too so we can protect ourselves."

At first, only the military and law enforcement would be allowed to have guns. Sooner or later, a citizen would be attacked and go "Hey, where was the military and/or law enforcement to prevent that criminal from using his gun on me?" ...That guy would then say to himself "gee, the guys with the guns who are supposed to be protecting me from this sort of thing didn't protect me. I better buy myself a gun so I can protect myself." and then that citizen would technically be a criminal.

Gun crimes are never going to stop. The issue is not the guns, it's the people. If someone is intent on killing a bunch of people, he might try to use a gun. If he can't use a gun, he'll find another way. He might build a carbomb or suicide bomb. He might use a knife, or a hammer.

It seems like it's just too hard for some people to understand. Their solution is so elegant and simple.. "totally ban guns." they cry. "It will make things harder for criminals" they say.

Lets see how that's working out for Australia, who has officially banned guns altogether.

"It has now been over 10 years since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The statistics for the years following the ban are now in:
1. Accidental gun deaths are 300% higher than the pre-1997 ban rate
2. The assault rate has increased 800% since 1991, and increased 200% since the 1997 gun ban.
3. Robbery and armed robbery have increase 20% from the pre-97 ban rate.
4. From immediately after the ban was instituted in 1997 through 2002, the robbery and armed robbery rate was up 200% over the pre-ban rates.
5. In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 171 percent."

So, why doesn't something like this happen in America? Well. Look how much it costed the tax payers. America doesn't need any more financial turmoil. Not only that, but those tax payers who LEGALLY purchased their fire arms, as you probably guessed, are going to be wanting $$$ for their guns. They did, after all, pay for them with their own money that they worked so hard for. If the government all of a sudden just said "No more guns unless you're a cop or military." I'm sure at least 95% gun owners would be saying "Well, if I have to give you my gun or be punished by law, then I will... for the cost of the gun." ... This, obviously, would make things even worse for the financial situation of our country.

In 2009 American CITIZENS alone bought more guns than 21 of the worlds standing armies COMBINED. That's only the guns American citizens BOUGHT that year, that's not including the pre-existing ones. I don't even want to hazard a guess at what it was like this year. If you think the US government is just going have the US citizens just hand over those guns, you're insane. You're even more crazy if you think the citizens would hand over every gun WITHOUT being compensated for them.

Stop saying ban guns. Just stop it. It's a great idea and all, but it's not going to happen. Not anytime soon, anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
gun ban=civil war=UN troops shooting our neighborhoods up with predator drones.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GREENFOX74
reply to post by newcovenant

You know what is scary..... is that you may be right........ But personally I think the problem is not guns or the weapons used to kill others, the problem is that we as people can be so unattached from one another that when it comes to phycological and emotinal distress signals they are easily overlooked or out right dismissed, untill all hell breaks loose we just cant understand what has happened because it is so obviously complex on those two fronts. And blaming weapons is just foolish, The desire for weapons was always with us hell it is why they were invented, they are for killing ... And I definitely believe there is a sickness in this country and I call it FEAR.

You are so right about the disconnect. You will find it is always the loner, the person everyone ignored or made fun of..and then hell breaks lose. There is a sickness but I don't think it is fear. I think it is true mental instability and side effects from various pharmaceuticals we are plied with like guinea pigs at every opportunity from birth to death and all stages in-between. Thank you to the Rockefellers. They are invested in chemicals.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
stick a whole bunch of impressionable minds into a school institution in which they are told how horrible their culture is, the crimes people from their religion or skin color have commited for the last 1000 years, and the racism in their culture for the last 200 years, and repeat this thru grade school, jr. high, high school and college, while also lambasting them with similar negatives in movies music books news and other popular media, and fail to mention that any other culture on the face of the planet or any other skin color on the planet, or any other racial group on the face of the planet, has ever had similar problems, and then expect them to leave the school system with good self esteem and a positive self image, cultural identity worth a plugged nickel, or anything resembling the foundation necessary for healthy social functions, is not only irrational but the probability is extremely low. we have whole sectors of the populace who now officially hate the color of their skin and have no self esteem. they literally hate themselves.

now stick those same people on neurological drugs that half the time cause more problems than they fix, in a jobless economy where even electrical engineers are working at mcdonald's restaurant, and expect a country under such hostile conditions to produce stable, happy people, is the probably the biggest fantasy land of all.

I had to quote you.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
reply to post by EarthlingSpelunker

Firster off, the victims are dead -- they don't give a shít about your crocodile sympathy.

You mad bro?

Hardly. I don't live anywhere near the war-torn US!

I would be mad, though, if it were my relatives being gunned down for sake of Heston fellators who think toting a boom stick compensates for their lack of a functioning brain and diminutive reproductive appendages.

No one cares about sympathy. It means nothing and yields nothing. What you should be feeling is guilt and the warm sensation of fresh child-blood on your hands.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

YOU LOT ARE JUST BLINDED BY YOUR OWN ARGUMENTS. GET RID OF THE GUNS AND THEN NO ONE GETS SHOT, PRETTY SIMPLE PEOPLE.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthlingSpelunker

No one cares about sympathy. It means nothing and yields nothing. What you should be feeling is guilt and the warm sensation of fresh child-blood on your hands.

You make an excellent example for the use of birth control.

However, you fail at making any valid points on the issue at hand.

Your suggestion that I should feel guilt is ludicrous.

I suspect, with your attitude, you won't be making any valid points.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Good day sir

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Sounds OK by me.

I would support those rules and more.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thank you good sir! These past few days I've been trying to see this rationally, reasonably and logically just as you have. You have accurately articulated my own conclusions

On the other hand, I feel this quote does hold some truth to it:

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

-Ronald Reagan
edit on 16-12-2012 by TheIllusiveMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
To all of those that are discussing this topic, please read this article it was written by someone who lived the horror that the parents of those children are living today. It took place 12 years ago and if anyone has a "right" to speak on it this woman surely did. If you agree please share it. www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Does anyone have statistics for the number of homicides with legally purchased and owned firearms? I would surmise that a majority of these criminal acts were the result of criminal purchase and operation of these weapons. I would also wager that a most of these homicides from firearms are due to gang related violence in the US.

There is also a point being missed by a majority of posters, and that point is that these people who commit these crimes needed help. Punishing the majority of Americans for the acts of a few is not going to help the situation. If we remove the profit from major black market operations both these statistics for gun violence would go down, along with crime rates in general, freeing more space in our prisons and jails so that people could have stricter punishments for the things they do and it would also allow us to be able to afford to do those punishments which is one of the main reasons that some behaviors are no longer being penalized as harsh as they should be. Part of the removal of these profits for criminals is achieved through legalization along with both regulation and education on substances commonly abused in the US. We can than take the money we use for prohibition of these things and instead use it to help the people affected by substance abuse figure out the cause for their overindulgence and provide assistance to prevent further abuse.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I saw a picture earlier today. It said, "Navy seals didn't kill Bin Laden, guns did."

I thought it was pretty humorous. We can extend this same concept to:

"Wars don't kill people. Guns do" or...

"Gangs don't kill people, Guns do" or..

"School mass murderers kill people, Guns do"...

Wasn't there a serial stabbing in China around the same time of the last mass shooting in America?

When will people grow up and realize it isn't the weapon that is important, but the intent? If someone wants to mass murder 100 people they can find a way to poison food at a banquet. No need for a gun.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deadlychicken

In the past 2 weeks....

2 fathers shot their sons and killed them accidentally.

One was walking through the woods and tripped, firing his gun and killing his son.

The other dad was outside a gun shop and loading up when his gun went off and killed his young son.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
I saw a picture earlier today. It said, "Navy seals didn't kill Bin Laden, guns did."

I thought it was pretty humorous. We can extend this same concept to:

"Wars don't kill people. Guns do" or...

"Gangs don't kill people, Guns do" or..

"School mass murderers kill people, Guns do"...

Wasn't there a serial stabbing in China around the same time of the last mass shooting in America?

When will people grow up and realize it isn't the weapon that is important, but the intent? If someone wants to mass murder 100 people they can find a way to poison food at a banquet. No need for a gun.

True. You can kill someone in a car. It can be considered a deadly weapon which is why we have rules of the road as well as licenses, regulations and liability insurance.

When will people get a clue and put the facts together like a smart person? If we don't learn we are apt to make the same mistakes over and over. Nothing is as easy as a gun.

People rarely have the skill or initiative to use anything else to commit murder and they hardly ever use anything else to kill themselves. And they have to kill themselves after. What are they going to do? Poison themselves? Sure there are always exceptions but nothing like rapid fire.
edit on 16-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
gun ban=civil war=UN troops shooting our neighborhoods up with predator drones.

You're entitled to your opinion but I call garbage

second

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join