It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12 - The Evidence is in the Stars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Friday will go by just like any other day, so many doomsday theories have came and passed this will be no different. Its horrible to think this but the only thing I expect is some reports of suicides.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silvergrin
Friday will go by just like any other day, so many doomsday theories have came and passed this will be no different. Its horrible to think this but the only thing I expect is some reports of suicides.

One of them is bound to be right.

To the OP, stars twinkle, planets don't. Don't see any difference here on southern GA.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
twinkle twinkle little star.. could the twinkle be a the effects or laser beam communication points between unseen points in the galaxy? also another far out though, i think in the future it will be possible travel on beams of light to their source whatever it may be... as above so below they say...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
its just a satelite, move along ^^

the only stars i see pulse are, in fact satelites

and they have a redish hue - then to blue almost like twinkle but not quite

or maybe you do have special stars come on now this is ats, pic or it didnt happen ^9

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129
Go outside at night and look at the stars.

Every single star is pulsating! Some even different colors!

I've been noticing this for a while now but it's really starting to increase in intensity and I'd thought I'd share my thoughts about it.

Normally when stars flash like this it means that a supernova explosion is occurring. But this is obviously not the case, since EVERY star is pulsating.

I find this quite curious that this is happening right around the time our solar system is coming in alignment with the galactic equator. There is definitely some sort of energy upon us, because it is NOT NORMAL for stars to do this.

I'm not saying that pulsating stars are a red flag for doomsday next week. I feel like next Friday will be a normal day for most people.

I do believe there is a good possibility for people who are aware and in tune with these energies to have some sort of experience in one sense or another. As for the more closed-minded people, they probably won't experience much because they haven't opened their mind to the possibilities...

If you are closed-minded about December 21st, I highly advise you not to be. You may miss out on an extreme cosmic event that only happens every 26,000 years. The fact that you and me are alive today to bear witness to this extremely rare day is so extraordinary. Don't turn a blind eye to it.

Peace

I looked, and there's no more pulsating than normal. I didn't notice it when we crossed the galactic equator on any of the below dates either:
June 21, 2012
December 21, 2011
June 21, 2011
December 21, 2010
Etc.
It happens every solstice.

We will cross the galactic plane is something like 30 million or was it 30 billion years.

I hope it is a day of good energy, etc., and not false flags, false alien invasions, mass suicides, killings, etc.

But yeah, I'm outside right now, amd there's a few flickering stars (as I understand it, that is typically a binary star when you see that), but the rest look the same as they always have.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

NASA has proclaimed that we are entering a cloud of energized particles, maybe looking at the stars through the cloud is causing a distortion? Just a thought. Doesn't Venus look even brighter than usual too?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Session13

NASA has proclaimed that we are entering a cloud of energized particles, maybe looking at the stars through the cloud is causing a distortion? Just a thought. Doesn't Venus look even brighter than usual too?

Can you show me where NASA has said that?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
the most uneducated thread i have seen on ats so far o.0
for the people that got it right thumbs up
yet people still think this is not correct and that something is happening
trust me, for as long as the earth has had an atmosphere stars have been pulsating
the way we found out that it was the atmosphere was when an astronaut Walt Cunningham went up and looked at the stars from outside the earths atmosphere, guess what, they don't pulsate when your outside earths atmosphere
:O
read this book if you would like to know more
Importance of Observation that Stars Don’t Twinkle Outside the Earth’s Atmosphere
find something else to prove the end of the world

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All this will finally be over on Friday, and we will finally know and can put this to rest.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Something that should be noted...

It takes years for light emitted from a star to reach Earth. Light years is sometimes used as a unit for measuring distance in space, but it also describes how many years it takes for the light to each Earth.

So if all visible stars in the sky started changing colors that means they started emitting these colors many many years ago. And since all of these stars have varying distances from Earth that means they must have all been timed to start changing color at different points in history, so that by December 2012 all these cool colors from each star reach Earth at the same moment.

For example, if a star that is 1000 lightyears away from Earth went supernova, the light emitted from that event would not be visible until 1000 years from now.

Which basically means the OP is likely completely wrong.

edit on 17-12-2012 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Stars twinkle because of turbulence in the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

On clear nights, this is normal. What your seeing is redshift-blueshift phenomena. Nothing to be alarmed about

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Time to quit smoking. I celebrate one year this new years day! Yay me !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

You cant see other galaxies with your telescope. You only see what is in our solar system and galaxy. Beetleguise is on the verge of going super nova but it could be next week or 1 million years from now. It is showing signs but since it is so far away we really look only at its past when we view it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

All the stars flicker. If they dont flicker or twinkle they are planets. Thats how we knew so long ago that there were differing bodies up there. Some were stars or suns and others were planets. The stars twinkle and the planets dont.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by PollyPeptide

You cant see other galaxies with your telescope. You only see what is in our solar system and galaxy. Beetleguise is on the verge of going super nova but it could be next week or 1 million years from now. It is showing signs but since it is so far away we really look only at its past when we view it.

Umm.. HUH? Grab a set of 7x binoculars, and you can see Andromeda. On a clear night, you can see it with the naked eye...

And if we can't see galaxies with telescopes, how come we have pictures of galaxies...??? How exactly did Edwin Hubble calculate the expansion of the universe if we can't see galaxies...
edit on 18-12-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This is a pic I took of Andromeda through my old telescope. You tellin me that's not a galaxy????

edit: And that's using a crappy $50 scope from Walmart!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Awww crap!!

Time to embrace the horror!

We are all gonna fckn die!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
the stars look normal to me.

I want to believe in this 2012 end of/beginning stuff as much as anyone but as yet apart from the odd dream with a ufo in it i'm not sensing anything concrete or substantial.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Time to quit smoking. I celebrate one year this new years day! Yay me !
Yay you!! i've quit 8 times this year...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join