It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control, use both hands. From a Democrat!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsquirel

The movie theater wasn't a school campus.
This isn't about the shooting that took place today, this is about guns in general and how things would change if law abiding people as opposed to criminals carried them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Are you afraid of your fellow citizens or afraid of yourself? If everyone carried a gun if someone broke the law they would be dead. Then they are no more worries about them. If however YOU are a criminal or mentally insane and used a gun on someone I could see your point. Then it would be you who are in danger of dying. The same would go for the police. If they were trying to shoot an unarmed man THEY would probably get shot. For once they would actually have reason to say "I was afraid for my life" when they murdered someone.

To me sir you and others like you are the sheep. Afraid either of yourselves or your fellow citizens, willing to give up responsibility to others to keep you safe. You want your sheepdogs. Pity about that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaKitteh
reply to post by kingsquirel

The movie theater wasn't a school campus.
This isn't about the shooting that took place today, this is about guns in general and how things would change if law abiding people as opposed to criminals carried them.

Head lines are made when children are killed, how many individuals die each year from leaving a movie theatre is unpresedented, but everything stops when its schools. So A legislation is currently in Congress to limit guns, B, legislation is currently at the U.N. to limit American guns, and you my friend seem not one bit concerned to the pervy situation at hand?

I digress the CIA report of 2012 in Las Angeles reports roughly 65 people died from 2011-2012 around said movie theatres, however guess the media did not report on them did they

Schucks, over 80,000 people disappear in N.Y. alone in a year. but yet, we don't hear about that either.
edit on 14-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel

Head lines are made when children are killed, how many individuals die each year from leaving a movie theatre is unpresedented, but everything stops when its schools. So A legislation is currently in Congress to limit guns, B, legislation is currently at the U.N. to limit American guns, and you my friend seem not one bit concerned to the pervy situation at hand?

I digress the CIA report of 2012 in Las Angeles reports roughly 65 people died from 2011-2012 around said movie theatres, however guess the media did not report on them did they

Schucks, over 80,000 people disappear in N.Y. alone in a year. but yet, we don't hear about that either.

And many people died in and around schools that weren't headlined either. If you wish to discuss the tragedy that took place today, do it elsewhere. This thread isn't about the tragedy and my view on guns isn't based on a single event.
When you are able to move beyond your tunnel vision, please return and we can discuss the actual issue instead of whatever tangent you feel like discussing at the moment.
Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by homeslice
Ha, yeah make sure everybody has a gun. Everybody will be so much safer. Ridiculous.

No, make sure it's legal for law abiding citizens to have guns. It would be much safer

Until a person breaks the law.

The only people punished for breaking a law are those caught for breaking a law.

How do you ascertain that someone is mentally stable, and abiding by all laws? There are already methods in place to prevent criminals from owning guns, but it still happens. Why? Because guns are stolen from legal owners and sold on the black market.

However you look at this argument, America has been duped into believing they NEED all these guns by the pro-gun lobby and the wealthy gun manufacturers.

You're all sheep baaaa-ing along to the marketing of the NRA.

Thats funny you call us "Sheep" when you are literlly the one standing alone in the feild un-armed, waiting for the wolf to pounce on you.

The police won't save you. They only get there when its already too late.

I have a RIGHT to defend my family, and when YOU come breaking through MY window, I will send you to hell.

That is fair, is it not?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I for one believe in STRICT gun control for the following reasons;

-Criminals TAKE WAY TOO MUCH risk when they are doing their job raping and pilaging the population, their chances of getting shot my a law abiding citizen is EXPONENTIONAL, think about the criminals!
-The government shouldn't have to fear it's people so if they decide to impose draconian rule over us the last thing they should be facing is an armed populace.
-Firearms makes the people way too independant, we can't have them hunt for their own food! they will never get healthy doses of GMO's and bovine growth hormones! think of all the people that will never have to depend on the state! that's simply unacceptable.

Actually I think we need more responsible gun owners on the streets, in our schools and other places of public gatherings, the places where there are gun free zones are the most PRONE to these attacks.

Even if all civilian gun ownership is banned, these crazies will still be able to stab, explode and poison the masses, they will find a way to take their frustrations out on us.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Before the gun people were hacking each other to death in very gruesome ways and never had to reload a sword or axe . Then there was spears and bow and arrows , club s and rocks . There are many ways to kill people . The utility knife was responsible for killing 3000 on 911 . It could have been 50,000 or more if timed right . A gasoline bomb would have killed those same people in Conn .
The fact is that there will always wacko murders . They will find a way to kill . The fact is that everybody possibly concealed carrying a gun makes the thug and robber think twice about committing a violent crime .
When you out law guns only the outlaws will have guns .
The United Nations is trying very hard to disarm the United States . The UN will be the new government over the once great nation of America . Obama who will not salute our flag was hand picked to lead this country into the NWO / Banksters /UN Global government . The Globalist would do anything to disarm us , but the crooks would still have their guns . What will you do then when someone wants to break in your home and rob and kill you , call a cop?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel

And many people died in and around schools that weren't headlined either. If you wish to discuss the tragedy that took place today, do it elsewhere. This thread isn't about the tragedy and my view on guns isn't based on a single event.
When you are able to move beyond your tunnel vision, please return and we can discuss the actual issue instead of whatever tangent you feel like discussing at the moment.
Thank you.

No tunnel vision, however from what I have read from your post, and seen in your writing your placating the msm;s exact words, and thus a question needs to be addressed? Are you from the U.S.? From there, where are you going with this thread/ from what i gather your just another mouth spilling the usual hype, never mind the A typical populous of the U.S., whom have a constitution. Thus, the ground that your standing on right now is not only tyranical, but illegal, and people have gotten shot for less, yet i digress, Anything furtther you want to spill?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
ITT: The OP calls for a return to the Wild West. Not a totally bad idea... given the US headed backwards, anyway.

Pray tell, OP, if everyone packs heat, what do the police carry? RPGs? And the military? Lasers? Liquid mag–ma throwers...?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthlingSpelunker

I don't get it, criminals are usually packing heat with illegal firearms already as it is, so what do the police use nowadays? I love how you paint this whole Mad Max scenario if there isn't absolute gun control

edit on 15-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthlingSpelunker
ITT: The OP calls for a return to the Wild West. Not a totally bad idea... given the US headed backwards, anyway.

Pray tell, OP, if everyone packs heat, what do the police carry? RPGs? And the military? Lasers? Liquid mag–ma throwers...?

Grow up.
All it does is level the playing field between citizens and criminals.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Ha, yeah make sure everybody has a gun. Everybody will be so much safer. Ridiculous.

Ha, yeah, just look at the UK, they are so safe after having banned guns since the 1990s... NOT...

Gun crime soars by 35%

Created: 9 January 2003 | Updated: 10 January 2003

The Government's latest crime figures were condemned as "truly terrible" by the Tories today as it emerged that gun crime in England and Wales soared by 35% last year.

Criminals used handguns in 46% more offences, Home Office statistics revealed.

Firearms were used in 9,974 recorded crimes in the 12 months to last April, up from 7,362.

It was the fourth consecutive year to see a rise and there were more than 2,200 more gun crimes last year than the previous peak in 1993.

Figures showed the number of crimes involving handguns had more than doubled since the post-Dunblane massacre ban on the weapons, from 2,636 in 1997-1998 to 5,871.

Unadjusted figures showed overall recorded crime in the 12 months to last September rose 9.3%, but the Home Office stressed that new procedures had skewed the figures.

With new recording procedures taken into account the actual overall rise was just 2%, the Home Office said.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

By James Slack
UPDATED:03:42 EST, 27 October 2009

Gun crime has almost doubled since Labour came to power as a culture of extreme gang violence has taken hold.

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled.

The statistic will fuel fears that the police are struggling to contain gang-related violence, in which the carrying of a firearm has become increasingly common place.

Last week, police in London revealed they had begun carrying out armed patrols on some streets.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ridiculous indeed... I mean, what sane person would even think that CRIMINALS and CRAZIES will ever get their guns from the BLACK MARKET WHICH IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY LAW... Pfffft...

I mean, it seems clear that the mayority of leftwingers think that CRIMINALS and CRAZIES will obey a ban law right?... Am I right leftwingers?... CRIMINALS and CRAZIES will OBEY the LAW... Riiiight?...

edit on 15-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

Do you live in NH? Most sensible post I have read on ATS all day.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
I do believe some of these shootings would end differently in open-carry states.
shootings like this don't occur in open-carry states.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

you really don't have to search very far.
here's a good place to start ... www.opencarry.org...
www.kctv5.com...
www.tulsaworld.com...

none of these links contain the specific stats you mentioned, however, the source is a good one and is likely to have such comparisons, at least in the larger regions in the country.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Are you saying that if you were handed a gun to carry you couldn't be trusted with it?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The only logical answer is to encourage legal gun ownership and embrace it.

Shoot 20 kids – promote more gun dissemination.

Get diabetes – eat more junk food.

Lose job – gamble...

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Are you saying that if you were handed a gun to carry you couldn't be trusted with it?

The EXACTLY what I'm saying!

I want to shoot people every hour of every day! Idiot drivers in traffic; pea brain customers I have to deal with; moronic politicians; fundamentalist godtards, rapists, murderers... the list is literally endless! Given the opportunity, I'd make Hitler look like penicillin!

See? See why guns in the hands of the citizenry doesn't work?

edit on 15-12-2012 by EarthlingSpelunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Like "Switzerland" ridiculous, where every male is required by law to own a gun, and gun crime is statistically one of the lowest in the world?

Or maybe you mean "Kennasaw, GA" ridiculous, where gun ownership is required and, again, gun crime is statistically one of the lowest in the nation.

Or, just maybe you mean "gun free zone" ridiculous, where the 4 largest mass murders in American history were committed.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthlingSpelunker

Oh it is true, in the hands of idiots guns are a danger... so Are cars and drunk drivers, mj smokers, and in general drug addicts under the influence driving a car... But I don't see you promoting cars being banned...

You have to be a lot smarter than a chimpanzee to understand, and appreciate the Second Amendment right. You obviously don't fit the bill...

edit on 15-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthlingSpelunker

The police and military are trained to uphold the law. Who says they have to have weapons superior to anyone else in the world? It's not their weapons that define them, it's their training and their ability to do their jobs. Bravery and Justics are what make police officers and soldiers, not the size of their weapon.
The only time the size of a weapon matters is when someone is being a "bully". That's not what the police and military are meant to be. Granted, there are some who are, but that's a personal problem with them, not with the position they hold.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join