It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation About Guns from 4 Years Ago..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The recent shooting tragedies made something pop back into my head I had almost forgotten about.

Shortly after Obama was elected (the first time) I was at a gun show with a friend. I was looking for a new hunting rifle, but pistols, ARs, etc were selling at a brisk pace.

A guy manning one booth was a Russian of about 60 or so. I stopped because he had an old Dragunov there and I am a bit of a history buff. As I was looking at it my friend asked him a question and the conversation went like this..

"Hey - so do you think we have anything to worry about with Obama trying to outlaw guns?"

He spoke with a thick Russian accent and said...

"No. Not now."

"Oh"

"It is too soon. He will not act now. If he wins again, then yes."

"Wha..."

"If he wins again it will mean he has more power. He will have had time to lay plans. Things will happen. When they do.... he will go for the guns."

"Whaa.. what makes you think so?"

"Where I am from...."

..and that was all he would say on it.

These recent tragedies of people suddenly going nuts and going on mass killing sprees make me wonder if he might not have been on to something with the "Things will happen."

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's called right wing paranoia propaganda.

Nothing is going to happen to guns, corporate gun lobby is too strong and profitable.

But hey, if I were selling guns at a gun show I'd try to make you paranoid too. You're more likely to buy one. It's what the NRA does.

edit on 14-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
All of these "shootings" of recent times contain many EERIE SIMILARITIES to shootings that occurred in other countries right before they ushered in the gun bans to "save the day". Its like a DAMN SCRIPT PEOPLE!!!!! Its PLANNED.

The info and history is all there for you to see. All it takes is ACTUAL RESEARCH and connecting the dots...
edit on 14-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

join