It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suddenly many close calls on Space Weather

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Thanks for the clarification. I thought there was a difference between the two, but didn't know if there could be some sort of intermingling. I'll continue to keep on eye on this...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I noticed that exact same thing last week! I tried to to explain it to my girlfriend and why it caught my attention, to which I received a blank stare and "oh, hmm, yeah, interesting."
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. /

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Those may be fragments of same asteroid, notice how small they are, most wouldn't survive through our atmosphere, maybe 2012 XM16 (32m) could. The asteroid which probably caused Tunguska event was ~10 meters, smaller than this won't survive, but it depends on their speed and angle.

There is one very close approach coming in Feb 15th, when 35-79 meter wide object named 2012 DA14 will pass only 0,09 Lunar distance away (20 700km), which is closer than some satellites.. That would be VERY close call. If its 79m in diameter, it could be really dangerous, equivalent of many hydrogen bombs. It isn't dinosaur extinction object size (which was ~10 km wide), but large enough to destroy whole regions.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 18-12-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join