It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sig Sauer P229

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Purchased this recently, I am very happy with it.

Any other proud Sig owners here?
I spent a lot of time(and money) at a local range that allows handgun rentals, trying out many different makes and calibers. I got this one over the 226 because my hands are on the smaller side and this one fits much more comfortably. I was able to shoot much better in comparison with .40S&W than other rounds, so I decided on that. I could get a conversion kit if I so desire.
I got to take it out to the hills instead of a range recently, had a lot of safe fun.
Los Padres National Forest is a wonderful place for recreation.

There was an old, burnt up oak stump right up against a hill, made a perfect target. And it was nice and wet from recent rains.
Night sights:

edit on 14-12-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I own one without the rail. I bought it from a police armorer so I got a lot of extras with it. I absolutely love the fit and finish of the Sig. It is a fantastic shooter as well. The only think that keeps me from making it my carry gun is that it has an exposed striker/firing pin. I have no doubt sigs are very reliable but if I had to take one gun and run in to the woods it would be my glock.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Proud owner of a Sig p226 elite .40 best pistol ever made for sure, you will love your Sig! Welcome to the Sig Sauer family!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I need to shoot more properly maintained glocks. The rental range I used, some of their pistols were in very bad shape, like they didnt clean them well enough. The last one I remember using, the magazine wouldnt even eject without some extra help. Definitely not the guns fault though. I was actually looking at the G20(10mm), but they were sold out and were waiting until a glock event comes to their store in april to restock.
Sigs do seem to be pretty high maintenance, but, if it keeps it shooting and working like it does now, I am fine with it. Why wouldn't I clean it after every trip to the range?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Can't go wrong with Swiss/German Steel if you have the cabbage. I have a Heckler & Koch .45 that I am very fond of. That region of the planet seems to make a nice handgun.

edit on 14-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

Sig P239 at your service.

This particular gun of mine is for concealment/back-up purposes.

edit on 14-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

To answer the last question of your post, if you are going to use your gun for concealed carry I would not clean it after the range. You can clean the barrel but I've always been taught never to Carry a firearm that has been taken apart for cleaning and not test fired after reassembling it. I assembled my glock and had one small error in assembly and it caused the slide to lock open after every shot. Not something you want to happen in a life or death situation, haha. I think if you're mostly going to use your gun for the range you'll enjoy your Sig more than you would a Glock.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Dang, they managed to chop even more off, and barely any of it was barrel length. The 239 looks nice.

reply to post by MJZoo

I dont CC yet, and sadly cannot open carry with handguns in California. It is a bit expensive here in my county to apply for a CCW permit, and it takes up to 3 months..
Might be moving soon too, that is mostly why I don't try for one right now.
On the cleaning, I have only done a few field strips so far, I am a bit nervous to take apart the whole thing. I am going to do it very soon, first I want to find a nice white towel to trace the parts onto. But that is good to know, thanks for the advice.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Great looking gun, Sig Sauer has always been a favorite brand of mine.

Did you pick it up online or in your area? I live much farther north, curious as to what the cost may be for a beauty like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sig makes a great weapon. That's why the 226 is the prefered choice for US SPEC OPS. Sig is also in the market of producing AR style rifles now. I was saving to get a Sig Handgun but Now I am going to save a little more and get the AR. I looked at one the other day and they are built quite nicely. Sigs are a little more pricey but in my opinion they are well worth what you pay for them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

At the local shop/range. It was actually listed at the MSRP, I was surprised. Taxes and stuff weren't really that bad either.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
nice beaver...... tail

we're currently petitioning the UK gov to try and be allowed 22 pistols again, hope it goes through, sadly I doubt it will

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This Thread is about the Sig

NOT Swords or Brits

Stay on Topic or your post will be deleted

Semper

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Great Gun! It was my issued weapon for 4 years. Thousands of training rounds and never a even a hiccup...

I also like the CZ P01...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Great Gun! It was my issued weapon for 4 years. Thousands of training rounds and never a even a hiccup...

I also like the CZ P01...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Would be or am?
Either way, thanks for your useless opinion.

reply to post by jibeho

I really like CZ75, a buddies girlfriend got herself a PO1, it is very nice.

reply to post by maintainright

Thanks, lol. I wish you guys luck in passing those bills or whatever to own handguns again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join