It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese survival pods to defend against 'apocalypse' (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It ain't gonna be cheap to survive 12/21/2012, not at $48,000.00 a a crack.

SOURCE

As believers across the globe prepare for the forecast Mayan apocalypse, a Chinese villager says he’s going to save humanity with his giant tsunami proof survival pods. ­

The pods are made using a fiberglass casing over a steel frame, cost $48,000 each to make and are equipped with oxygen tanks, food and water supplies. They also come with seat belts – essential for surviving in storms.

But wait, there's more...

You can take 13 or more of your friends with you for that price, and not freeze to death either. What a bargain.

“The pods are designed to carry 14 people at a time, but it’s possible for 30 people to survive inside for at least two months,” insisted Liu

Indeed, their insulation is such that “a person could live for four months in the pod at the north or south pole without freezing,” Liu continued.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They sure are cutting that ad campaign close aren't they? I hope financing people work real quick in China! lol.... So what do you do with the worlds largest bobble after nothing happens on 12/21? Hmm... Really.... I'm trying to think of anything it would be good for...Septic tank maybe? Time Capsule? Err... These are gonna be real cheap on the 22nd.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Those pods could end up being their coffins. Who's to say something large and heavy couldn't fall on one of those pods and end up crushing and trapping the person inside. No thanks, I would rather take my chances outside.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
oh man if the apocalypse happened and i just happened to come across one of those it would really be hard for me to not want to try and roll that thing down a hill for fun.... just saying..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Everything in that video made me laugh for some reason. I think the wallpaper is what got me going. Then hitting it with a truck, then imagining someone actually spending $50k for something so ridiculous. I'm not saying I don't want one.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I find this funny considering the rich people would not be able to survive when they have to feed themselves. If a global disaster occurred you would be unlucky to survive the initial chaos.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
where's the bathroom at?

not like you can just climb out take a dump and climb back in..right??

too funny, no wonder he hasn't sold any..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
lol, why did they just back up into it in the video?
Show how strong it is or something?
I dont think anyone would want to be floating around in that thing during an insane storm. Those seatbelts probably wont hold for long.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I saw these things. The kids in shop class in my high school could lay up fiberglass better than this guy. Oh yeah, they don't make canoes in shop class any more, do they? That budget got cut years ago.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
where's the bathroom at?

not like you can just climb out take a dump and climb back in..right??

too funny, no wonder he hasn't sold any..

Not to mention the barf bags if they have to ride out a pretty rough storm. It could get intense inside one of those things pretty darn quick. There is a reason early submarines were called "stink boats".

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Heck if I saw a huge tidal wave comming I would just grab a surfboard go out like Patrick Swayze in point break!

new topics

top topics

join