It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice on purhcasing a weapon for home defence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Look, the main and most important thing is that you know whatever weapon you own like it is a part of your body...

You can have the deadliest and best weapons in your possession but if you don't know how to use it properly, you certainly won't be able to use it when in a panic and it could then be used against you...

Whatever choice of weapon you decide to get, go to the range and shoot like hell... handle your tool in every situation you can think of... learn to use it in every which way you can imagine (left hand, right hand, lying down, on your knees, in a closed space, without looking at the sights, in the dark etc...)

This advice can save your life...

As far as the type of weapon goes, I would just go with anything that can kill and can be easily reloaded... .22 / 12 ga works well... I'd avoid bolt actions as they take a little longer to reload... Any semi auto, pump action, lever action works fine...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Check into the Mossberg Maverick shotguns.Very simple,no-frills shtoguns with dual actions bars.I use one as my bear defence gun when bowhunting in grizzly country,and while it is very light and thus kicks like a mule,it is relaible and easy to use. I paid less than $200 new,here in Canada,so you can likely do even better. I'd go with #4 buck personally,but a heavy goose load will work too. Take it to the range and pettern it. You will be surprised at how tight the pattern stays at close,home defence typre ranges.Definitely not just a spray and pray weapon,you do have to pick your target.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join