It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does America Want Guns? Following the latest shootings.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Why the frig does the US insist on having guns given the hellish result of guns?

This little shooting we had today in Connecticut? Will happen more frequently because criminals will have their guns, straight from the Black Market. So in essence disarming the people accomplishes nothing except you leave your law abiding citizens totally defenseless against wolves who will take pleasure in slaughtering the sheep. Even with guns people still get robbed, but at least they have a fighting chance, but if you take that away then the criminals will have their way and you have no way to protect your family and property. Watch the crime rate skyrocket, because we got alot of thugs living in this nation.

On the otherhand, if that school had armed security officers, those kids would still be alive. Yet the real issue isn't even about guns at all. The shooter had Aspbergers Syndrome which is a form of behavioral Autism, so we have a mentally deranged fellow who got ahold of some guns, and even then the issue falls on our government;s shoulders for putting poisons in our food that causes Autism in the first place because the corrupt s.o.b.s are more concerned with lining their pockets with lobbyist's money, and this same government wants to turn around and take away our rights, when it was the cause for this tragedy happening in the first place. Ofcourse americans do not care to wake up to the fact our government is screwing the people and have been doing it for decades. Fire them and hire new people.
edit on 15-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
Gun deaths per 100,000 worldwide

America isn't even in the top ten.

2.98 per 100,000 actual homicides with a firearm. Far more suicides are committed with firearms than murders. Those 5.75 suicides per 100,000 with firearms would have happened whether they had a firearm or not. So you can effectively take those out of the statistics when looking at actual gun crime. 2.98 per 100,000 people. Not even 1 percent. Stop acting like america is full of monsters. Or that, while tragic, gun crime is even that big of a problem. More people drown every year then by homicide committed with a firearm. Should we ban water?

Now, it's true we have vastly more firearm related deaths a year than the UK. It's also true that we have five and a half times their population. How many knife deaths do they have a year? Perhaps they should ban knives.

My heart goes out to those affected by this terrible tragedy. This "debate" on guns is pointless.

Thank you for posting that link and the info in your post. I also want to add the numbers of guns per captia by country.

www.reuters.com...

In 2007, the US had roughly 90 guns for every 100 citizens. The article lists the next couple countries.

On a per-capita basis, Yemen had the second most heavily armed citizenry behind the United States, with 61 guns per 100 people, followed by Finland with 56, Switzerland with 46, Iraq with 39 and Serbia with 38.

Yemen and Iraq are basically warzones. Finland and Switzerland on the other hand are very peaceful.
edit on 15-12-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

you brits arnt free to do much..you let your government take over, and look how swell that has become for you guys...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I live in a town with a population of 56370 people(in England). Three people have been stabbed here in the last three weeks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

In 2007, the US had roughly 90 guns for every citizen. The article lists the next couple countries.

Isn't that 90 guns for every 100 citizens?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm from Scotland where we have harsh gun laws,doesnt mean there isn't illegal guns but their not in plain sight,thank go.

US has an ingrained culture of guns.Take them away from the law abiding then their easy prey .No criminal,gang member etc wii give up their guns so the government can't leave the public defenceless.The US consider it their right to be armed,it's who they are.

You can't change the law and expect it to become like the UK,it won't happen.Our massacres were done with legal firearms so it's not a guaranteed.

We have guns up here but they're not everyday.We have a nasty criminals but they have a more hands on approach,in your face blood on your hands.

Of course just means they prefer,knives,swords,hammers,bats,broken bottles or just stamping on heads.

UK may not have guns but I expect our annual murder rate isnt that much better.

We can't lecture over guns as we don't know what it's like to live there,we can't judge from the UKg

Simple As.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Oops. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I edited my post and corrected it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by SpearMint

I live in a town with a population of 56370 people(in England). Three people have been stabbed here in the last three weeks.

And?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by LPOPranger

Math is your friend! look up populations per million; More people more killings; England is a spec of dirt in the North Atlantic.

Ok.

Murder rates

US murder rate is 4.2. The UK's is 1.2. What now?
edit on 14-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

what was the uK murder rate before gun control compared with now?

Comparing countries with different histories and culture is not sensible

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Math is your friend! look up populations per million; More people more killings; England is a spec of dirt in the North Atlantic.

Ok.

Murder rates

Why not? People aren't that different, are you saying Americans are natural murderers?

edit on 15-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Ok.

Murder rates

Why not? People aren't that different, are you saying Americans are natural murderers?

No, otherwise every American would be a murderer, don't be ridiculous

Or are you being so ridiculous to say that every country has the same culture and history "LOL", the UK is comparable, for example, with, Liberia

"LOL"

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth

you brits arnt free to do much..you let your government take over, and look how swell that has become for you guys...

Oh please yes we are and we are happy with our handgun ban.
The people asked for a handgun ban, no one took our guns away we gave them up because we feel we do not need handguns in our society.
Swell yes it is, not perfect but I know where I would rather live.
I understand it is ingrained in you to have guns
but here we just do not want them.
Freedom? biggest lie on the planet pal, it is an illusion your and our country have laws that restrict freedom but many of those are for the greater good.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
The people asked for a handgun ban, no one took our guns away we gave them up because we feel we do not need handguns in our society.

we didn't really did we, as in tens of millions of people asking for a handgun ban- politicians did it, due to a media "outrcry"- I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of the ban, just stating that it was not something the "people" asked for

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Ok.

Murder rates

No, otherwise every American would be a murderer, don't be ridiculous

Or are you being so ridiculous to say that every country has the same culture and history "LOL", the UK is comparable, for example, with, Liberia

"LOL"

Well then explain how the US's history makes them more likely to kill people with guns. You aren't explaining whatever point you're trying to make.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth

The UK is just as, if not more free than the US. Have you actually seen your own country?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

we didn't really did we, as in tens of millions of people asking for a handgun ban- politicians did it, due to a media "outrcry"- I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of the ban, just stating that it was not something the "people" asked for

Around 1.2 million people signed a petition after Dunblane, public opinion was very much against handguns after that and our politicians made it so.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I am not American but i decided to post here anyway

The american government and media has done nothing but instill fear in the people.... for the last 20 years, the fear of terrorists before that it was the fear of the soviets so for me it's hardly surprising that everyman and his granny has tooled up

my point of view is this...... It's not the guns that are killing it is the mentally deranged people shooting them perhaps take the money used to campaign for gun control and pump it into health care specifically mental health because that's the real issue here some very sick people are not getting treatment and because of this are going out and massacring innocents.....

i live in scotland where hand guns are banned... that's not to say that nobody carries but if you get caught it's a prison sentence. we still have people killling each other on a daily basis.... guns are not the issue....Psychopaths are the issue.....

I fear that the people of america will hand over their guns....i believe that a man(woman) has the right to protect himself be it from psychos or from his government and without guns that becomes almost impossible on a large scale........

this is my opinion for what it's worth......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
This is a general conspiracy.
And a question to all American ATS-ers.
Why the frig does the US insist on having guns given the hellish result of guns?

I live in the UK and I am horrified by mass gun killings and the USA breeds them.

Why doesn't the USA ban guns?

That is the BIG CONSPIRACY I am harking too.

Your black president cries but allows gun laws to continue.

What gives USA?

Why do you want cars? They're responsible for so many deaths.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
US needs to keep guns out of the hands of nutjobs that hear voices and such. Most if not all of the shootings were done by persons with "mental illnesses". Start throwing them in the padded rooms like they did in the past. Next, make abortion illegal as it should be. If someone doesnt respect human life at its early stages, why would they in the later. And finally, quit teaching that we came from evolved pond scum. If that were true, there is no standard to live by, why not kill others? Do what thou wilt, right.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The kind of people who don't want to bear arms are the kind of people who expect that steak on the shelf in the supermarket, the kind of people who depends on the government for absolutely everything, so just because you're a slave and can't or wont do nothing about it, that doesn't mean that the Americans have to be like those kind of people.
Don't you see...the Americans fought for their independence. The British, like us, have to accept the Royal family because we're pathetically subservient. God save the Queen and all that, yes mate, you're a slave to the design.
You want to roll over and be patted for it, be my guest, but don't think for one moment the rest of us agree.

This is my honest opinion. At least they can try to defend themselves from a tyrannical government, we can't.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join