Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why does America Want Guns? Following the latest shootings.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
For one thing, it's in our Bill of Rights in the Constitution, and that document is sacred to us. Secondly, we don't trust our government these days, and looking back through history, we have good reason to be worried. Thirdly, hunting is big over here.

Ask yourself why you need guns?????????????

The UK is a tiny island surrounded by enemies (on one side) but we don't have guns.

We are WAY more vulnerable than USA but we don't resort to #ty frigging GUNS.

GUNS are bad!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Do you think that gun laws would prevent mass shootings?

Please tell me more about how criminals follow laws.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Yes. And it is proven.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental

I already answered you. If you don't like the answers, too bad, this isn't your country.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I hear that his mum bought the guns... because you know... mums buy guns.... she was a teacher... because you know... teachers need guns...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
what does the color of our presidents skin have to do with anything ??

link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid

Great tourist info mate.

link   
reply to post by Screwed

Because you are on the world stage with a progressive BLACK leader.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

For one thing, it's in our Bill of Rights in the Constitution, and that document is sacred to us. Secondly, we don't trust our government these days, and looking back through history, we have good reason to be worried. Thirdly, hunting is big over here.

The UK is a tiny island surrounded by enemies (on one side) but we don't have guns.

GUNS are bad!

Guns in the hands of criminals are bad. Very bad. Most of us own guns, in part, because of those criminals with their own illegal firearms. Although England is hardly a place to throw stones of accusation from. In fact, it's a bit of a glass house.

14,000 knife victims a year

Shot like game or gutted like a fish? The choice of weapons isn't the issue. The lack of respect for life is. It's also no comparison between nations. England is a place that has never known a 'Gun Culture' as we have it here. The US is a place that has never been without it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

*facepalm*

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
what does the color of our presidents skin have to do with anything ??

Is it 'cos I is black?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

*facepalm*

You like shootings?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

GUNS are bad!

know our history, we had NO gun restrictions until the early 20th century and back then there was next to no gun crime- something rotten in OUR society as well as the US, a lot of it is moral degradation and alcohol/drug (legal and illegal) use.

I would own a gun in the US and wouldn't walk into a school and commit the sort of heinous events we have witnessed- there is a deeper sickness in all our western societies

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am not a gun owner. But I support the right to own a gun. I don't believe more gun control is the solution to these types of problems. If someone is that crazy or that angry they will find a way to cause harm no matter what the law says.

Drugs are illegal. But that doesn't stop people from getting the drugs they want. Drunk driving is illegal. Yet drunk driving causes more deaths in the USA than guns. No one is running around trying to ban booze. No one is trying to make stricter laws to buy alcohol. Bars don't have to run a background check to see if their customers have previous DUI's.

Some people like to drink alcohol and some people like to own guns. Personally I would feel safer if there were less drunk people running around on the streets. But I'm not out there trying to stop peoples right to drink. The USA already has many laws in place in regards to gun control.

It still comes down to the individuals responsibility of their own actions and behavior. A bartender has no control over the actions of a person who buys a drink. Neither do the gun stores. I would like to see more freedom returned to the citizens of this country and not less.

The results of these shootings are no more tragic than the thousands of people that die from alcohol related accidents. Yet no many people are ready to ban alcohol. Alcohol causes violent behavior and ruins many lives. If you want to ban guns. Please tell me why shouldn't we ban alcohol too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

why can't he just be a progressive leader?? Why the need to point out the color of his skin??

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Yes. And it is proven.

naw, naw it isn't- and nothing can be proven between different countries with differing cultures and histories- like I say, we in the UK had no gun restrictions up to the early 20th century and next to no gun crime, now you can probably argue potential reasons in your favour but it sure as hell aint "proven"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

why the casual racism eh, what is this all about

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
JFK is twisting in his grave... guns are #... why would anyone defend them?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Imagine what could be done in a school with a sword or machete or even a baseball bat? Now imagine what someone else (sane) who was armed could have done if on the scene.....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Can people stop commenting on this guy? He's a troll and this is going to end up on the main page if people keep replying on it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join