It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political aspects of recent tragedies...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, it has been a sad 48 hours. We have two shootings. One of them so vile, it leaves you of a feeling of needing to take revenge. It is very annoying to have no way to do that. We must remember that is exactly what the shooter intended, and we must remember not to let our emotion get the best of us.

In the fallout of these tragedies, we should keep an eye on what our government tries to use them for. I have seen them use tragedies to further their agenda more than once, and I am sure you have seen it too.

www.wbtv.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What would you petition ask for? I need to read the bill before I sign it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

IDK I was just brainstorming. We need to prevent our politicians from using these shootings to push an agenda. We need to have a nation-wide majority vote on a plan of action, instead of a vote on who will decide on the plan of action.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Well obviously the 2nd Amendment can't be on the table, so what would you propose? How do you stop these madmen from unleashing such terror? It's a very difficult situation.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Well obviously the 2nd Amendment can't be on the table, so what would you propose? How do you stop these madmen from unleashing such terror? It's a very difficult situation.

Well first off we need to make sure they know how we feel about whatever scheme they put into effect.
They probably will not care....

I am not really sure what to do after that. Whatever it is, it has never been tried!! haha.

If enough speak up though, they might get the message....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We'd need a plan of action before the petition I would think... That's the hard part. What do you do? The government cannot take your guns without giving up their guns. Sure they might try, but that would spawn revolution. So curbing violence wouldn't happen there. We could petition the government to provide better mental health services, but too many people on the right would say they shouldn't have to pay for someone else's health care. (pretty sure that's already going on..) We can't give the teachers guns (in regards to school shootings) because that would just result in multiple guns going off inside of schools when something like this happens. Tighten security, and you're violating my human rights... It's almost at the point where all we can do is lock ourselves into our homes, and never come out. But if we did that, domestic violence would escalate. I've said this before, the only way to keep humans from killing each other would by making Humanity extinct... So long as we are here, some of us will be violent. We're human, that's just the way we are... Born Hunter/Gatherer. You can't be a hunter without being violent.

The root of the problem needs to be identified before we can find a solution. The problem is, we can't find the cause. Personally I blame organized religion, but that's just me and I'm smart enough to know that it isn't actually the problem, just another piece. Society as a whole needs to change, not just this aspect or that one. ALL OF IT!
edit on 14-12-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I disagree about not giving teachers guns. What do you mean? There would be multiple guns going off and.... Teach them to shoot properly and be aware of what is behind their target.

Police and military are not the only ones who should be carrying guns.

If you are talking what should the plan of action be - metal detectors, cameras, and ARMED security at every school. That would cost money of course.....

Will that be the plan of action they choose? I doubt it is going to be one more effective than that.

you are right though, society needs to change as a whole. We care too much for money, power, and status. These things are completely irrelevant yet they are our societies focus. This is actually ingrained into us in school.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That is why HIllary and Barack tried to run around Congress with the Small Arms Treaty. They will use this incident and all the others as a pretext for overrunning the Constitution. It's coming as sure as the sun comes up every day.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If you are talking what should the plan of action be - metal detectors, cameras, and ARMED security at every school. That would cost money of course.....

There also is a plan of action to sequester children away if something more drastic like another 9-11 disaster, to separate the children from their parents.
These planners would stop at nothing to achieve their goals, including outright killing small children. It is sad and monstrous.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

almost at the point where all we can do is lock ourselves into our homes, and never come out. But if we did that, domestic violence would escalate. I've said this before, the only way to keep humans from killing each other would by making Humanity extinct...

In Glenn Beck's new book, "Agenda 21", they took away all knives matches, or other personal items. We could be headed in that direction.

The root of the problem needs to be identified before we can find a solution. The problem is, we can't find the cause. Personally I blame organized religion,

Organized religion? Seriously? What does that have to do with some guy walking into a school and opening fire? Nothing, but people on the Left keep trying to blame Christians for all this stuff. You know us bitter clingers and such, oh wait, I don't OWN a gun.
edit on 14-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

There also is a plan of action to sequester children away if something more drastic like another 9-11 disaster, to separate the children from their parents.
These planners would stop at nothing to achieve their goals, including outright killing small children. It is sad and monstrous.

whoa whoa. Do you have evidence of those plans? They will have to kill me to take my kid from me without a good reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That is why HIllary and Barack tried to run around Congress with the Small Arms Treaty. They will use this incident and all the others as a pretext for overrunning the Constitution. It's coming as sure as the sun comes up every day.

If they try to take away concealed carry permits, or all guns altogether...... well it wouldn't be the first time they ignored Amendments. It will not go over well though, that would probably cause a civil war.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I read something about it years ago back around 2004 ish. I asked a teacher in the area if she approved and she thought it was just fine. They built a giant chain link fence around the new high school there that has a huge gate you can only get into during school drop off and pick up times and it was like a crazy circular maze you could only get out one way and you had to drive around to do it. It was an affluent area, not poor at all. So they had all this big plan, but in the elementary school they couldn't even discipline one kid with a laser pen( who threatened another kid and I will leave it to your imagination who the other kid was).
Amyway, this plan was online at one time and it came on the heels of 9-11.
I looked for it again later and did not find it, so I will try to find it again. I know that parents were upset over it though.

This document is not entirely obvious but it does discuss release of children to parents or removal of the children to an off-site location.

www.fcps.edu...

Organizes use of off-site location to include: selecting evacuation routes, planning the safe movement of
students to the location; assisting with student
accounting once they are moved; planning for the
movement of special needs students and staff.
Coordinates with Incident Supervisor, Transportation,
Student Accounting and Parent Reunion Organizer to
manage the move and parent reunification process.

I know it sounds benign and all, but then so does the PATRIOT ACT and the Affordable Health Care Act, and the HITECH ACT too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Organized religion? Seriously? What does that have to do with some guy walking into a school and opening fire? Nothing, but people on the Left keep trying to blame Christians for all this stuff. You know us bitter clingers and such, oh wait, I don't OWN a gun.

Like I say, I'm smart enough to know it's not THE problem. I blame religion because of the intolerance that seems to come along with it. I'm not saying intolerance is taught, but ... it's there. Intolerance spawns hate, hate spawns murder. And I didn't say Christians. I said ORGANIZED RELIGION. One religious person tends to do no harm, groups however... that's another story. It may not be the direct cause, but it's one of the many issues that needs to be addressed. How do I come to this conclusion?? Pretty simple. A good example is Gays in the military. As soon as a bill was passed lifting don't ask don't tell, religious groups got together and made signs that say, "God hates fags."

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It is either really bad luck lately for all the second amendment lovers OR truely there is some dark UN agenda being played out here. A UN run not by nations but by billionares hell bent on controlling nations and sending people to war.

My guess is the second condition. I don't believe in coincidences!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There is more than the second amendment at stake here. Before you know it, you will have no rights at all. Every time something goes down on US soil, we lose some of our constitutional freedom.

I think if they are going to take away our right to bear arms, it will be one of the last to go. They have to get the population used to sacrificing their freedoms before they try that one. Well, than again - what do I really know?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I just don't know how you came to the idea that religion caused this 20 yr old to shoot children. I think you really have a bizarre and skewed idea of religion. As far as I know there is zero indication that religion was involved in this shooter's situation. Let me know if you hear of it though. It is far more likely he has a psychological issue involving prescribed medications like Zoloft or Paxil as these are the ones they are finding many of these people going on shooting sprees were on. The guy in Texas was a religious guy though and did shout Allahu Akhbar, but I never heard of any Christians yelling glory to God while shooting people. (The exception may have been Jim Jones and it was poioson Kook Aid which is where the expression drinking Kool Aid came from but that really was an anomaly) I think these extremist Islamists are being indoctrinated by people who have a real bone to pick with the US, and who knows maybe it's even MKULTRA programming.

The United States is gaining a reputation around the world for raising children who go on school shooting rampages. Earlier this year, we had another one with 16-year-old Jeff Weiss, who went into his school on an Indian reservation and blew away 10 friends. And guess what? He was taking the antidepressant Prozac.

www.naturalnews.com...

I wonder if you got your idea about religious people shooting people up from the liberal media, as liberals are unwilling to admit that much of this stuff is based on SECULARISM and LACK of religious values and mores, as our children grow up in increasingly secular humanist environs, and are being programmed with liberal values clarification.
Have you ever seen some of the questionnaires these kids are given using values clarification? They ask them morbid questions about how it would feel to die and how would they do it and such. Perhaps with your brilliant mind you should study more of these techniques so you know what is really happening in the schools.

So tell me what do gays in the military have to do with this shooting? Nothing! These things are likely not the least connected. Let me know if the shooter was gay and felt discriminated against in the new atmosphere of tolerance.
Speaking of tolerance, something tells me you do not have tolerance for any ideas or thoughts outside your own parameters of what you agree with. My experience has been that liberals have nothing but intolerance for most religious people except for some reason they are supporting Sharia Law invading our country, so when you are willing to give a discourse on Sharia Law in America, maybe I will listen.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I have been telling people not to trust doctors for years. Those anti-depressants are no joke, and they are dispensed like candy. Same with xanax, SPEED that we put our kids on (Adderall is simply AMPHETAMINE SALTS)... I am sure I can come up with more but you get the point. Doctors are great sometimes. Do not trust pharmecutical companies - to be more specific. They have doctors in a choke hold right now, especially with what is called "prior authorization".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Are you reading my post?

I expressed my personal thoughts on this subject. Am not allowed to do that?

I never said religion caused this guy to go on a shooting spree. I said religion causes people to hate other people.

Hate is hate. It doesn't matter where it comes from. This guy wasn't religiously motivated, I never said he was. I brought up the example of Gays in the military just to show how religious groups can come together and spread a message of hate.

My point is, that HATE SUCKS! If we encourage hate in one area, it carries over to another.

Examples:

Random man has bad day at work. Comes home and beats his wife.

Guy gets mad at his mom. Goes to a school and kills kids.

Teach you child to hate one thing, and it'll start hating other things as well. My point is that religious groups need to NOT spread messages of hate. It wouldn't have prevented this tragedy, as I"ve said, I'm smart enough to know it's NOT the problem. But having our religious leaders encouraging us to love one thing, but hate another DOESN"T HELP SOCIETY..

You'll have to quote me where I said this is totally the fault of religion, or where I singled out Christians, and how is anything I'm saying intolerant? Like really, are you offended because your Christian? That's too bad, because I never BLAMED CHRISTIANITY!

I'm not saying all religious groups are spreading messages hate either. But there are a lot.

Why can't you understand that all I'm saying is ...

HATE IS A TERRIBLE THING AND WE NEED TO PREVENT GROUPS FROM SPREADING MESSAGES OF HATE[/SIZE]

That will help society. It won't solve every problem there is, but at least it will help to keep THOSE OF US WHO ARE INFLUENCED by these groups from spreading their message of hate and possibly preventing someone from acting out on it....

So I'm terribly sorry you're too intolerant of me to see what I'm trying to say
edit on 15-12-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No wait I've got it now.. What your saying is that it's ok for Christians to spread a message of hate since they don't go blowing people up. Christian hate is obviously different than other forms of hate...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join