It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21st, 2012 11:11am GMT - Snapshot from Earth and Sun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

This is what I get...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oh, PLEASE, quit it! The Solar System aligning or going inside the Rift DOES NOT TRIGGER THE END OF THE WORLD! I know, I'm an astronomer, check my profile if you don't believe me I am. 21 dec 2012 is a MADE UP New Age of Aquarius event! To justify the actions the Elite hopes to take!

I don't like Phage but on that point, I strongly agree with him.

reply to post by Phage

Good job, mate. People are just, er, a bit misinformed around here. I usually don't like you but at least I must say you're a voice of reason.

edit on 15-12-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by rickymouse

Okay, I'll bite. Your idea about things "reversing" when we pass thru to the "other side" of the galactic plane is interesting. Any number of things could happen. Earth's poles could shift. Drains could flow backwards, washing machines could reverse direction.

Here is what might happen if we are not careful.

Hopefully those people learned from their mistake. It takes two times for a good Finn to learn but then he never forgets.
I think we are mutated elephants that have to build trunks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by rickymouse

Okay, I'll bite. Your idea about things "reversing" when we pass thru to the "other side" of the galactic plane is interesting. Any number of things could happen. Earth's poles could shift. Drains could flow backwards, washing machines could reverse direction.

Here is what might happen if we are not careful.

Earth entering the Rift WILL NOT AFFECT Earth's gravitationnal attraction, nor its magnetic pole orientation - both are completely unrelated. Do we have gravitational changes each times we align with Polaris? No. This is no different.
edit on 15-12-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
On Dec. 21st 2012 the sun will
rise and appear to align with the dark
rift in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
That's not hype.
That is happening.

And it does so each winter solstices! Why would 2012's be different? So far we had thousands of this alignment and the World didn't end!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Oh please! READ THE POSTS YOU ARE RESPONDING TO!

The OP made no mention of the world ending... get over yourself.
Take it to one of the threads that actually approaches such ideas.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The pictures he posted were unique, I could not even duplicate it. I tried. What was weird to me was that I wasn;t trying to and the top picture looks like the All seeing EYE, it was taken from the perspective of the SUN with the Earth in the center. I thought that was very strange. The alignment is the same no matter how you look at it.
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Oh, PLEASE, quit it! The Solar System aligning or going inside the Rift DOES NOT TRIGGER THE END OF THE WORLD! I know, I'm an astronomer,

I never said any such thing. For a scientist, you're pretty quick to jump to conclusions.

For me, from my own POV (which I'm entitled to) I just think it's a turning point in a whole series of cycles and that the story is by no means over ie: nothing outwardly perceptible, let alone catastrophic will occur.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

So where is your evidence that it "WILL NOT EFFECT" these things. We really have no clue of what is going to happen. I can say I am pretty confident that nothing major will be effected but there is no way I can state that it will not effect the poles or our gravity. I am a realist, unless there is undeniable proof I will not say it is 100 percent true. It is not properly recorded in history what exactly happened when we went through this period before. I'm guessing and hoping that nothing will happen to the earth. I understand there are more of the fine particles that make streaks in the sky within this rift but have seen no evidence if they will even enter our solar system. Lots of Unknowns, that is what science is all about. I think we are going to have an interesting twenty years, I do not see anything happening on the 21st but if it does, I will enjoy experiencing it. If I live, I will have something to talk to people about for quite a while.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is a video I made depicting different dates and when the Sun crosses the galactic plane. Take notice of the years. I started at 3113 and worked my way up to the current year. The perspective is from Earth and I used a location in Mexico. All of you are missing the point though, we only live 75 years average, so what we have witnessed is based on our account, using our calendar.

The fact is the energy of this galaxy changes every day and whether you want to admit it, these changes affect us period. We will not always be aware when, but there are times when these changes have had major affects on Earth that were felt and will be felt in the future. There is not a day we can pinpoint.

The calender we use has been rewritten since the time of the Mayan culture, and their calendar is relatively new compared to the age of this planet. 2012 has actually occurred 2 times ....."-2012"... if you follow this calendar...so it is all a moot point.

What is not moot...the precession...the next video I do will will document that from the very beginning, this will take me some time though, so in the mean time....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Comet that will be brighter than moon and will be visible for a month will come after one year. This can be Blue Kachina from Hopi prediction. And after it will come great change. I trust more to live words from live people than dead stone that can be interpreted from someone as he wish. Someone miscalculated year, may be this is purposely...
And something more - Vanga told that great change will come after falling of Syria.
edit on 15-12-2012 by petar258 because: grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I am going to do some more pictures for you, they will all be when the Sun is on the Galactic plane, which is 2 times a year from our perspective on Earth.

Thank you very much!

I was wondering., would it be possible to do one from Earth through Sirius, just to check (nothing but curiosity based on all the conflicting reports), and if your software allows it, from Sirius to our sun.

Another interesting one, would be from the moon through earth at the moment of solstice, just to see what the Moon Earth Sun relationship is doing from the Moon-Earth's perspective and to which constellation it points at, through it's direct line to Earth. There was another such significant "pointing" by the moon at another moment of time long ago, but that's another thread.

There's some speculation that Sirius A-B might be a companion star to other local stars, including our sun, and the data's still out on that btw regardless of what some of the astronomers here are saying (while noting however that there is no and can be no such relationship with the star Alcyone, an internet myth cooked up by the "new agers" (I'm not that kind of "new age").

And from the research I've done, the moon is always highly integral - so it would be VERY interesting to see what it's pointing towards and in particular which constellation, at the moment of the solstice, even if only as a point of great curiosity at least for moi.

Thanks so much for your help BrokenAngelWings33. It's like this is "our" thread in a way because without the pics it didn't happen or isn't soon to happen, and no, nothing's going to like HAPPEN happen, no one's saying that! (Although we never know what we might run into or through at any point in our travels through the galaxy).

But cycles and evolutionary processes are very very much of interest to me, big time and this stuff is just so fascinating. Thanks again for all your help dear, we really appreciate it, it's wonderful.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 15-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
And since it may be hard for you to read the dates here are the pictures.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Can you do the Jovial occultation of the moon from South America on the 25th, Christmas day (after three days)?

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Intriguingly, on Christmas day of the 25th (after three days) there will be a Jovial/Lunar Eclipse meaning that the sun will eclipse Jupiter, King of the Planets, for a period of 15 hours. Another fact and one that I myself find to be not without a certain significance. Full occultation of Jupiter by the moon will only be seen from South America however. And interesting factoid nevertheless.

Jovial.. how appropriate for such a new year!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Age!

NAM

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Is the first one 3113BC?

Can you explain them a bit more and run through what you're presenting to us? Sorry I don't mean to create work for you..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by petar258

The Kachina/comet is supposed to dance around the fire/sun and then remove it's mask/(not really a comet)........This idea of yours could actually fit in.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Just curious but was Phage right that this galactic plane alignment at solstice has happened several times in the last couple of decades?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Just curious but was Phage right that this galactic plane alignment at solstice has happened several times in the last couple of decades?

Thanks.

Again: could we please use the correct terminology? The Galactic Plane is NOT the same thing as the Galactic Equator.

One is 1,000 light years thick, the other is an imaginary plane with no thickness:

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I am going to do some more pictures for you, they will all be when the Sun is on the Galactic plane, which is 2 times a year from our perspective on Earth.

Could you guys at the very least get the terminology correct?

Galactic Plane:

The galactic plane is the plane in which the majority of a disk-shaped galaxy's mass lies. The directions perpendicular to the galactic plane point to the galactic poles. Most often, in actual usage, the terms "galactic plane" and "galactic poles" are used to refer specifically to the plane and poles of the Milky Way, which is the galaxy in which the Earth is located.

Since the "Galactic Plane" is where the majority of the galaxy's disk shaped mass lies, it means it has a thickness to it.

How thick?

Milky Way Size and Composition:

The stellar disk of the Milky Way Galaxy is approximately 100,000 ly (31 kpc) in diameter, and is, on average, about 1,000 ly (0.3 kpc) thick.[2]

So the "Galactic Plane" is 1,000 light years thick.

The Galactic Equator is:

The galactic equator is an imaginary great circle that divides the equally imaginary celestial sphere into two equal halves. The celestial sphere is – of course – a fiction. It’s the same fiction that so confounded the early stargazers, that, as seen from Earth, we appear to reside in the center of a great globe of stars. In modern times, the fiction of the geocentric view of the universe enables astronomers to use a workable coordinate system for mapping the sky. It’s handy, but it’s not reality.

No, Earth will not pass through the galactic plane in 2012, contrary to what you might have heard. Earth won’t be physically passing through the plane of the Milky Way galaxy for another 30 million years. However, Earth will cross the galactic equator in 2012. As seen from the sun, the Earth does this every year – twice.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It has happened on every winter solstice for many decades and will continue to do so.
It is of zero significance.
edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, we are only one week away from finding out what or what doesn't have significance. The whole 2012 debate is about to come to a close, either way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join